1.    #1  
    My TP lags big time. Sometimes I click on something and the whole screen will just freeze and it might take around 30-45 seconds before it goes to what I wanted. This seems to happen quite often. My OS is up to date. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    try overclocking it, mine is nice and fast over clocked
    before going thru the whole over clocking try "turning off logging" if that doesn't work you can move to OC. I had exact same issue now I'm lag free :-)
    do a search on ''turning off logging'' on this forum
    Doctor that doesn't sound normal, I am running stock webOS updated, and things open in a matter of milliseconds.
    webOS has always done this for me. On our Pre+'s and now on the Touchpad. I've just gotten used to some lag. Turning logging off helped a lot though like they said. OC helped much too.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by stanw View Post
    My TP lags big time. Sometimes I click on something and the whole screen will just freeze and it might take around 30-45 seconds before it goes to what I wanted. This seems to happen quite often. My OS is up to date. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    as pointed out by others. . Turn logging off/down before doing anything else. Then preware, add patches, and only overclock is you aren't happy after that.

I've tried most everything and I'm at logging turned off/down and a few preware patches, and reverted back to stock kernel--working pretty good.
  7.    #7  
    I turned off logging and I think it is better, though I need to spend more time with it.

Is adding preware and the patches the equivalent of what jailbreaking is on an iPhone? Will adding preware cause any problems with future HP official TP updates?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    mine still 'hangs' for 3-5 seconds every so often. A Luna reset will cure it for a while. I wonder if there is some memory scavenging going on.

Alan
    Adding Preware and Homebrew patches is not the same as jailbreaking the iPhone, mainly because the developer encourages it! (Okay, maybe not ENCOURAGES, but WebOS was designed with user access in mind!) Jailbreaking is strongly discouraged by Apple, whereas Homebrew has tacit WebOS support.

There were issues in the first official updates (back in the Pre- days, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, etc) that caused us to have to remove our themes before updating, but that has been largely taken care of. I haven't had any problems.

You are now part of a community that is anxious and eager to make the WebOS platform better, with user input. So no, adding Preware and patches will not cause problems for future updates.

Welcome!
    restart! Need to restart the touchpad at least everyday... I do it whenever I see that govnah shows me that the memory is more then 780 used/when swap number is high