Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Fisack23
  • 1 Post By Fisack23
  • 1 Post By Kwas
  • 1 Post By robotech1985
  1.    #1  
    I posted on an earlier thread about finally getting a $470 cash return from Wal-Mart for my launchday Touchpad. So I was quite surprised this morning to get a notice in my Inbox stating that I also had a credit posted to my credit card account!

What happened was that, when they first tried to enter the credit to my credit card, it didn't seem to work out correctly. Finally the woman behind the counter asked if I would like cash instead. I told her that was fine, and she gave me the money.

Evidently, though, the credit still went through. So I called this morning to clear things up with them, and they weren't quite sure how to "reverse credit" the whole thing! The final solution is that they asked me to call back next Wednesday (because it takes so many days for their crediting system to clear), and that they will try again then.

Interesting development, don't you think?
    bvbull200 likes this.
  2.    #2  
    Thanks for the comment - hopefully they don't do this often (or only to "people of character"!)
    bvbull200 likes this.
    You should have waited until you got both the cash and the CC card credit, now you may not get either. No good deed goes unpunished.
    bvbull200 likes this.
    they have done this to me in the past for a smaller return where the system messed up, and they never corrected it. So you might still have a chance.... Who knows....
    bvbull200 likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwas View Post
    You should have waited until you got both the cash and the CC card credit, now you may not get either. No good deed goes unpunished.
    I have the cash in my pocket now - so I'm not out anything. It's just a question of whether they can figure out how to reverse the extra credit card credit.
    I'm glad someone got the discount and rebate, since I never did.

Typical for me lately, but I like my new TPs coming in at $150/unit. Take that discount over full price, discount, promo or otherwise. Sorli...