Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Now that I think about it, this website looks really fishy.
    Quote Originally Posted by djind View Post
    This is complete and utter BS.. As much as I love my Pre3 right now, it's just stupid.. Ordered mine on the 17th. Finally got one at the end of August. And now this.. complete and utter BS I tell you.. complete and utter BS...

Wouldn't mind a Touchpad instead though..

+1 brought on the 20/8 but didnt get to my door intill the 26/8

it shouldnt make no difference if it was activeated or not as long as you have proof that you brought it before the 23/8
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I ordered from hantec on 19 aug, while i puting my pre3 sn, It cloud not proceed.
    Yeah, I ordered before the 23rd from several places but they all got cancelled. The one that finally succeeded was ordered on the 23rd and activated on the 26th, sucks that all those desperated to buy even after the touchpad news don't get a refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Now that I think about it, this website looks really fishy.
    It looks fine to me - what makes you think so?
  6. H
    Thanks redmist!

I submitted my box.co.uk invoice pdf although I put the purchase amount as being the amount I paid minus the £49.99 box.co.uk had already passed along.

I like the effort that HP took into customising the confirmation e-mail :P

Dear Mr / Mrs HP Customer
    Perhaps when more touchpads are manufactured I can get one with my refund money (assuming they are kept at similar price levels)
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Thanks redmist!

I submitted my box.co.uk invoice pdf although I put the purchase amount as being the amount I paid minus the £49.99 box.co.uk had already passed along.

I like the effort that HP took into customising the confirmation e-mail :P

Perhaps when more touchpads are manufactured I can get one with my refund money (assuming they are kept at similar price levels)
    Hp UK clarified that the extra touch pads will be for the US only.
  8. H
    oh, that is a bit disappointing but I suppose there are other tablets available
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    You Sir are a legend! I will try this out. I bought my Pre 3 on the 16th before the news of HP broke. I kept my invoice too. I will try this out when I get home and let you know.
    I bought mine on the 17th from Palm Eurostore. Didn't receive it until the 30th

This serial number does not exist or has not been activated within your webOS account before 23rd August 2011.
    Last edited by WinstonSmith; 09/02/2011 at 06:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Any problems with the refunds, try contacting them....

HP Global Promotion Services

Tel.: +49 7031 7632 418
    Fax: +49 7031 7632 5111 or +49 7031 7632 5444
    E-Mail: cashback.promotions@hp.com
    Web: www.hp.com/eur/go-promotions
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Used to want a TP so much
    now I hate it

The whole firesale thing in UK is just a joke....
    I'm over it
    I want my pre3
    never mind TP....
    hp has started it´s refund program in germany.
    of course, as usual, hp doesn´t mind about telling the customers abut it.

the company MUST die i think, really, never have seen customer value propositions beeing violated to such an extend in the last years....

anyway, HP Promotions will lead to a form, fill in, and you´ll receive an email from them confirming.

Thanks for the tip! Using that link you can access the refund pages for France, Ireland and UK too:

France
    Ireland
    UK

Just completed mine, thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    I bought mine on the 17th from Palm Eurostore. Didn't receive it until the 30th

This serial number does not exist or has not been activated within your webOS account before 23rd August 2011.
    ***?! I bought mine from Handtec.co.uk on the 17th and received it on the 19th/20th (can't remember).

I have misplaced my receipt though, so sent them a screenprint of my Google Checkout receipt... hoping all goes well.
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    You think its ok now then ;-)

Have you tried it yourself as others highlighted the site yesterday?

I cannot get it to accept my serial numbers ...
    my serial does not work either, sent HP Support a screenshot, maybe it helps. I activated before 23rd Aug.

Kaido
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Ugh i bought it on the 26th!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Going to contact them Monday, I held back from buying the Pre 3 because i was waiting for the price to drop.. i even made a thread about it on the forums. With the whole touch pad fiasco why would any one buy the Pre 3 at full price
    Excellent - thanks for the link.
    I bought my Pre3 from the Palm Eurostore on the 22nd and due to the whole debacle I didn't actually receive it until 30th and at full price.

After hearing about the refund program and how it was only for Pre3s activated before 23rd I got pretty miffed. I emailed the refund program an angry email about why I wasn't eligible even though I ordered before the 23rd but didn't receive it until 30th because of their incompetence.

I didn't really expect a reply back, but last week they sent me a email with a special Promo code to enter into the refund form instead of my serial. I entered it and filled in all my details and added the pdfs of all my invoices.

And lo and behold, yesterday they email me back saying they're in the process of giving me my refund!!

so, I'm pretty happy

I'd recommend anyone that was in a similar situation as me to email/call them and put your refund submission before the closing date (I think its the end of this month)
    Returned mine for a refund, bunch of idiots imho.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123