Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    My SN was not valid although my phone wasn't activated until the weekend. Time to email a question regarding the purpose of the activation date methinks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ginginho View Post
    My SN was not valid although my phone wasn't activated until the weekend. Time to email a question regarding the purpose of the activation date methinks!
    Good luck with a response on that one ... HP haven't answered any of my emails in the last 10 days!
    Y'know thinking about it, that date is the day that the TP reductions came in.

So the idea is that they won't reimburse TP owners who bought after the reductions. Presumably that means they reimbursed RETAILERS after that, and any you payed over the odds is just profit to the retailers. So that all makes sense - in theory it means everyone gets reimbursed, unless you were so unlucky that you bought a TP ON the 23rd at full price.

However, the retailers never received a penny of reimbursement for pre3 units, so... should they not reimburse all CONSUMERS?

It seems to me that the less daring of us pre3 owners are getting screwed by the 'catchall' Touchpad-driven reimbursement program. The terms for the pre3 reimbursement should be different, should they not? The question then is... what can we do about it? I can't see the few of us all complaining would make the slightest bit of difference.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I got mine on the 24th, are you f-ing kidding me? What's the difference?! wow
    I guess that would stop HP funding all of the scalpers out their...
    You Sir are a legend! I will try this out. I bought my Pre 3 on the 16th before the news of HP broke. I kept my invoice too. I will try this out when I get home and let you know.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I've had two thoughts about this. One horrible, one wonderful.

I'm keeping quiet about both. I dont want to jinx any thing.... :-(

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    My serial is seen now that the device is activated and rejected as its after the 23rd.

Its ironic that if the retailers hadn't waited to check the price drops to them, then far more would have been able to claim this.

It has been in HP's interest to not answer questions from retailers....
    Redmist, you might want to try and get this on the front page. I think this is quite important news.
    HP Germany told us that the word "activated" means "bought" (Don't ask me how they want to check if the device was bought before the 23rd of August. Maybe an order confirmation?). They know that there are problems with some serial numbers and want to find a solution.
    ugh, NEEDS a scan of your invoice or the process is cancelled.

i haz no scanner, wonder if i can blag it with a camera :|

tho i dont see why id need to when it was bought via the HP store, they have all my relevant details.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/01/2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    HP Germany told us that the word "activated" means "bought" (Don't ask me how they want to check if the device was bought before the 23rd of August. Maybe an order confirmation?). They know that there are problems with some serial numbers and want to find a solution.
    That would be nice! Did people contact them, or how did they 'realise' this?
    Has this been confirmed as legit? Not just someone harvesting s/n and bank account details?

Colour me cautious but this looks exactly like the scam site set-up in Germany.

I am very keen to try it out but I need confirmation first.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    Has this been confirmed as legit? Not just someone harvesting s/n and bank account details?

Colour me cautious but this looks exactly like the scam site set-up in Germany.

I am very keen to try it out but I need confirmation first.

B
    It is confirmed. This is a site of HP Europe and now they use a new link (xxx.hp.com) to show that it is no scam. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    That would be nice! Did people contact them, or how did they 'realise' this?
    We've posted on their Facebook-wall and they've told it. I think we have to wait a few days to get an official answer from the support of the refund team (I've sent them two mails).
    I checked HP UK's FB wall and don't see anything official from them. Still being cautious lol

B
    I checked HP UK's FB wall and don't see anything official from them. Still being cautious lol

B
    https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...54225064611022
    barryb20 likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Also from twitter..

Twitter
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    barryb20 likes this.
    364 back for my Touchpad, fantastic! My colleagues at work will now stop making fun of me for buying a product that was discontinued after only a month...

Nothing back on my Pre 3 though

I'm hoping they drop the date you need to have bought it before, that would be a nice 130 back for me as well.

For scanning in the invoice for my TP I just saved the PDF invoice HP sent me when I ordered and re-uploaded it.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ugh, NEEDS a scan of your invoice or the process is cancelled.

i haz no scanner, wonder if i can blag it with a camera :|

tho i dont see why id need to when it was bought via the HP store, they have all my relevant details.
    Me neither for my PC World receipt for my TP, used my Pre 3 to take the picture lol hope the irony is not lost

B
    This is complete and utter BS.. As much as I love my Pre3 right now, it's just stupid.. Ordered mine on the 17th. Finally got one at the end of August. And now this.. complete and utter BS I tell you.. complete and utter BS...

Wouldn't mind a Touchpad instead though..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast