Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hi,

I've charged my touchpad last night (11pm EST) and woke up at around 7am. I pulled the charger cord at exactly 7:15am. Now, it is exactly 10:15am so the touchpad is running for exactly 3 hours (which I purposely did to test battery life).

I've checked the battery and its now at 82%.

The things that I did are:
    1) very light browsing
    2) watched 3 minutes of flash video
    3) a couple of Skype messages
    4) I also got a couple of email + facebook notification.

What I meant for "couple" is exactly 2. I got 2 notification for email and 2 notification for incoming skype messages.

Also, in that 3 hours, I've only used the device for like 30 minutes total. So it was idle for about 2hrs 30minutes.

**BTW, I've owned the Touchpad for less than 48 hours now. Yesterday, it also drained the battery fast but I was using it a lot (hacking,overclocking,etc) so I thought that it was normal. This is time I'm actually testing it after all those tweaks.

Is this normal?

Can someone please give tips on how to improve battery life on this beautiful piece of equipment?

Thank you

EDIT: Brightness is set to 45%
    Try conditioning the battery. Fully charge it, then allow the TP to run down all the way until it shuts itself down. Then charge it for at least 8 hours to 100% and repeat again. Lithium batteries "learn" their capacity this way.

I've done this with my cell phones too, and have great battery life.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudman View Post
    Try conditioning the battery. Fully charge it, then allow the TP to run down all the way until it shuts itself down. Then charge it for at least 8 hours to 100% and repeat again. Lithium batteries "learn" their capacity this way.

I've done this with my cell phones too, and have great battery life.
    Touchpad batteries aren't like that. They're new enough that you can charge them whenever you want. That's why the touchstone is what is it.