Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    that i dont know. all i know is i've found myself doing that many times(to no avail) trying to wake it up :P
    i must have had some other device that did that, which is why i keep doing it
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePetikeis View Post
    Not me personally, it would be a feature like HTC phones have, you turn over the phone to cancel a call. Everybody would be happy to have the feature...nobody would actually use it.
    I actually use that all the time on my Inc. When I'm with a client.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePetikeis View Post
    Another pointless request...
    A little harsh don't you think?

Personally, I wouldn't mind if there was another way, because I have had to balloon fix the power button on each of the three Pre's in my house...multiple times...and every time that I turn on my touchpad, I think "one click closer to the balloon fix."

Let's hope they learned their lesson.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    A little harsh don't you think?

Personally, I wouldn't mind if there was another way, because I have had to balloon fix the power button on each of the three Pre's in my house...multiple times...and every time that I turn on my touchpad, I think "one click closer to the balloon fix."

Let's hope they learned their lesson.
    I know what you mean, fair enough to be honest i would prefer on the TP a pre- like button instead what we have now.

On topic, well since HP was advertising touch to share, and BT connectivity, perhaps your phone could wake/sleep it.
    Or on future devices, (if !...hope) bring back gesture area, that would use low power, than you could stroke it how u want it.
    "Humanity wasn't ready for WebOS"

Pre - uk day 1
    Pre + uk Replacement
    HP Touchpad 16 GB Day 1
    HP Pre 3 Vodafone
    Any alternative solution to avoid using a mechanical button is good.
    Same with volume. There should be a universal volume slider alternative to the rocker switch.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hubby says to 'wave it in a figure 8'... Lol...sorry, just had to add that ;-)
    1. Lift the touchpad off the touchstone charging dock. Next place it right back on the touchstone dock. Your touchpad will then wake up without pressing the power button

2. If you're charging with the USB cable. Unplug and then replug-in the USB charging cable. You can either unplug it from the wall or the mini USB port. This will also cause your touchpad to wake up with out pressing the power button.

While in sleep mode going from receiving no charge, to then receiving a charge wakes the touchpad up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12