Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By johnbob
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday was my first day using the tp. I had it on last night on internet radio. Stopped playback Tapped power button and it went to sleeo. This morning battery was down by two thirds. Should i just shutdown? Should i turn off wifi? I'd like to be able to just put it to sleep and next day have it ready to go without losing battery.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    have no idea I keep it plugged in overnight because it never sleeps

its an argument with smart batteries if leaving plug in hurts it I'm on the side of no it doesn't
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Touchstone would be a good solution I think. That's where my Pre+ sits each night...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

tend to keep mine on sleep mode and it lasts quite a while before needing to go back on the touchstone, tbh for people who dont use cpu hammering apps/games/etc then underclocking it works v well if your just browsing ro readign stuff.

the kernel/govnah type overclocks work just as well in reverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Yesterday was my first day using the tp. I had it on last night on internet radio. Stopped playback Tapped power button and it went to sleeo. This morning battery was down by two thirds. Should i just shutdown? Should i turn off wifi? I'd like to be able to just put it to sleep and next day have it ready to go without losing battery.
    I would suggest closing running apps and try again. I have no idea why that app would be using that much of the device's power, but that's certainly not normal. I can leave mine on overnight with no apps running and wi-fi connected and the battery moves only a couple percent.
    The biggest drain, when the screen is off, will be WiFi and apps that periodically check online for updates. So things like Spaz HD (twitter), RSS feed readers etc. etc.

So, the simplest thing to do is just put it into Airplane mode, and then these apps can't phone home and won't waste battery power.
    geekpeter likes this.