Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kigmatzomat View Post
    No, it's a core feature with the dock. If the power coil is hot, the OS doesn't go to sleep but launches Exhibition.

You can force Exhibition to sleep (press the power button) but if the TP gets any notification and wakes up it won't go back to sleep.
    That is the part of the feature that I don't like. The only way around this is to turn off notifications when locked (in Screen & Lock preferences), but then that shuts them off entirely regardless of whether you are on or off of a Touchstone.

We need a patch to disable notifications on lock ONLY when on a Touchstone...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I am working on this right now.I hate exhibition mode to and am trying to completely disable it. I am about 90% sure I have found the right file to edit, I just have to look through all the values to find the one or two that need editing. If there are any devs who would be interested in helping me then pm me and I will tell you where the file is and what I have tried so far. Thanks
    why not just create an app for exhibition mode that displays a totally black screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why not just create an app for exhibition mode that displays a totally black screen?
    A black screen that's on is still a screen that's on. There is still some light (and thus power and use of the screen) even if the screen is showing a black image.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clay333 View Post
    I am working on this right now.I hate exhibition mode to and am trying to completely disable it. I am about 90% sure I have found the right file to edit, I just have to look through all the values to find the one or two that need editing. If there are any devs who would be interested in helping me then pm me and I will tell you where the file is and what I have tried so far. Thanks
    It looks like I was wrong about the file. I made multiple edits with no luck, so I eventually got rid of it all together and exhibition still appeared. It just made the preferences screen blank white. I'm going to keep at it though. I wouldn't mind completely getting rid of exhibition mode.
    if you guys exhibition mode comes back on by it self, I don't believe its because of notifications but rather you have not placed it on the touchstone absolutely flat and in position. I've done this many times and it will every now and then come on since its just ever so slightly not completely flat or needs shifting over a Lil.

once you tap that power button while its in exhibition mode the screen goes off and stays off regardless of notifications. In fact once I do this it even stays off if I lift it off the touchstone.
    Holding the power button down however and shutting down will just cause the touchstone to reboot it up. Maybe some are confusing the tap power button with holding it down? And really check its position completely flat and centered. And right way up of course.
    Last edited by Rookie4sho; 10/29/2011 at 11:14 PM.
    The screen will come back on if you get certain notifications. What I do is, when I go to bed and put the touchpad on the touchstone. I turn airplane mode on the touchpad then press power button to turn off the screen. No wifi during the night = no notifications = no screen coming back on. This method/routine has worked for me for over a month now.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12