Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By rubbish
  • 1 Post By NuclearWinter
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have just recieved my touchpad 2 days ago and think its the best. I have a blackberry Playbook and my wife has a Ipad2 and i am finding using the Touchpad so much better than either of those. There also seems to be alot more apps than i thought there would be. I don't see what all the negativity is all about, i even think the hardware is very nice. I have also recently purchased the Pre 3 phone which i also like. Webos on a HTC or Samsung would be even nicer though. I have just one issue and that is my emails don't seem to come through very quickly even though i have them set up in microsoft exchange. Again i would like to say that i think the software is fantastic and i don't understand why it has not taken off more widely and hope that some other company will come along and make the hardware. I paid 229.00 for the Touchpad which i think is great value and 299 for the pre 3.
    TJB and un_designer like this.
    you can set how often the Email client gets email, but I don't access an Exchange server so I don't know how it works compared to other email clients on Exchange.
    I admit that I'm a poor representative, having never even owned a smart phone (I'm 63!) let alone any make "pad", however, having said that, I'm loving this TP, even though I really purchased it for my wife. I have four children who's inventory includes one blackberry, three iPhones and one iPad amongst them. Two now have TPs and we are still hoping to get one more. They have all used their sibling's iPad so it will be interesting to see what they think of their TPs. Relative to the number of apps available, I feel it is kind of a ridiculous point. I just counted and have nine Firefox extensions enabled and five disabled among the thousands available. I'm sure I can "build" the TP (Even though my wife would never know the difference.) the way I'd like it with the apps already out there. Why does anyone need/want XXX,000 apple apps?, if you get my point!
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    I'm sure I can "build" the TP (Even though my wife would never know the difference.) the way I'd like it with the apps already out there. Why does anyone need/want XXX,000 apple apps?, if you get my point!
    Why would anyone not want more apps? The more apps available, the more chance of there being high quality apps that meet your needs, no matter how niche those needs may be (and we all have different needs). Choice is good and the HP App selection is currently woeful; I can't even find an RSS client that I like, or a good ebook reader, let alone all the educational apps I use on iOS to help with my language study.

And if you're at all interested in games and entertainment then such a limited selection is going to get old quickly.
    Frighten likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishman View Post
    I have just one issue and that is my emails don't seem to come through very quickly even though i have them set up in microsoft exchange.
    Hi,

and welcome, I have GMail pushmail setup.

From the e-mail program, select the e-mail drop down
    select Preferences and Accounts
    Select your Exchange account
    half way down under Sync select Get - Mail
    Select As items arrive.

Same goes for your TP,

Cheers,

Barry
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishman View Post
    I have just recieved my touchpad 2 days ago and think its the best. I have a blackberry Playbook and my wife has a Ipad2 and i am finding using the Touchpad so much better than either of those. There also seems to be alot more apps than i thought there would be. I don't see what all the negativity is all about, i even think the hardware is very nice. I have also recently purchased the Pre 3 phone which i also like. Webos on a HTC or Samsung would be even nicer though. I have just one issue and that is my emails don't seem to come through very quickly even though i have them set up in microsoft exchange. Again i would like to say that i think the software is fantastic and i don't understand why it has not taken off more widely and hope that some other company will come along and make the hardware. I paid 229.00 for the Touchpad which i think is great value and 299 for the pre 3.
    Can you elaborate a little more when you say it's the best compared to the Playbook and iPad2? That's pretty vague as it stands.