Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

    I know Tim has posted this in the webOS weekly post before, but I thought I'd inform all the new members.

    I am currently going for 60 days without using a computer. I can only use my HP Veer and my TouchPad.

    I also have issues and problems I need help with. How to get pictures onto the device without a PC, video upload issues, and finally I need a waterproof case for teaching a scuba class.

    Feel free to check it out @ The Great webOS Test!

    Moe
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

    Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

    Dis, MINKIN2, daffy4u and 1 others like this.
  2. #2  
    Not possible for me. My Steam backlog is too great.
    Moeferd likes this.
  3. twosted's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #3  
    I'm on day #4 myself. Haven't touched my computer since I installed Preware.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    I'm on day #4 myself. Haven't touched my computer since I installed Preware.
    I must say, I am glad I went through the effort of installing preware before I started. It has made life much easier for me
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

    Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Not possible for me. My Steam backlog is too great.
    I do miss my games....
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

    Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moeferd View Post
    I do miss my games....
    You could argue that you are being consistent with the spirit of your project if you limited your computer use to games...

    No different than playing on a console or something. Just a thought.
  7. MINKIN2's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #7  
    This is a great blog Moefed, I think I may have to keep reading up

    Those waterproof cases do look as if they would protect you from a good amount of spalsh, but I may also be tempted to find a large(ish) freezer-bag with one of press zips(?) moulded into it.

    That should provide enough double protection to be submersable for a short period of time.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
    This is a great blog Moefed, I think I may have to keep reading up

    Those waterproof cases do look as if they would protect you from a good amount of spalsh, but I may also be tempted to find a large(ish) freezer-bag with one of press zips(?) moulded into it.

    That should provide enough double protection to be submersable for a short period of time.
    Short time doesn't cut it though, I need it to withstand constant submersion for at least 2 hours. I want to use it to issue commands to the students underwater. They still dint have a grasp of the hand commands.
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

    Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    You could argue that you are being consistent with the spirit of your project if you limited your computer use to games...

    No different than playing on a console or something. Just a thought.
    I don't know if I'd have the self control to just stop at games, haha.
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

    Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

  10. #10  
    I think that you'll have a hard time finding a solution other than ziplock bags or trying to find an ipad case that might work for the touchpad. We won't be seeing very many 3rd party accessories from here on out.

    Would probably be better off going low tech: scuba notebook type thing, magnetic slate, that kind of stuff.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I think that you'll have a hard time finding a solution other than ziplock bags or trying to find an ipad case that might work for the touchpad. We won't be seeing very many 3rd party accessories from here on out.

    Would probably be better off going low tech: scuba notebook type thing, magnetic slate, that kind of stuff.
    A slate is what I use now, but I thought it would be fun, and great for the site, if I could use my TouchPad. They have the 2 cases here in the PreCentral store, but I don't know how well they work. I'd hate to trash my TouchPad with little hope for a replacement.
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

    Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

  12. 11B1P's Avatar
    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,224 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moeferd View Post
    Short time doesn't cut it though, I need it to withstand constant submersion for at least 2 hours. I want to use it to issue commands to the students underwater. They still dint have a grasp of the hand commands.
    will the screen recognize input through the bag?
  13. #13  
    I think it is a good idea, I (without actually thinking about it) have been using only my TouchPad since 8/21/11 (that's when I got mine from bb) for my computing needs, well, I also use my Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $for$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $those$ $needs$ $too$ but my PrPrPr&#$275$; $has$ $been$ $with$ $me$ $since$ $it$ $was$ $launched$
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  14. #14  
    Guaranteed submersible to 19ft / 6m
    Would that serve your needs? Depending, you could buy one and test it out. Fill it with tissue or something and take it on a dive.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    will the screen recognize input through the bag?
    I'm assuming it will. I've had the Touchpad respond to commands through paper, and it works with thicker screen protectors, like the ZAGG invisible shield.
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

    Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Would that serve your needs? Depending, you could buy one and test it out. Fill it with tissue or something and take it on a dive.
    That is the case I was looking to pick up.
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

    Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

  17. #17  
    drybags

    I did a Google for "iPad dive bags" and came up with this.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    drybags

    I did a Google for "iPad dive bags" and came up with this.
    That looks like it's more than a glorified ziplock bag.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    drybags

    I did a Google for "iPad dive bags" and came up with this.
    It is a bit pricey, but I like it. Might have to give this one a try.
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

    Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    That looks like it's more than a glorified ziplock bag.
    That's why I am hesitant about the cases, they all look like that, haha.
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

    Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions