Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andytvcams
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have a 32gb TP that I just got. I was installing 3.0.2 via the Dr the screen froze at 12% then after about 25mins my TP shut off and won't restart.

I have tried holding home+power, home+power+vol and just power. Nothing. I left it charging for 12 hours and still nothing. I confirmed my charger was working by charging my phone from the micro usb. When I plug the usb into my laptop nothing happens, doesn't even start to install drivers or anything.

My computer is 64bit W7.

Any ideas??
    Hi.
    I found this on another thread.
    HTH.

here is what I posted on another forum.. maybe it will help those having the 12% "tp brick" issue..
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am having the same problem. HP Touchpad Wi-Fi 32GB. Stuck at 12% and eventually the WebOS Doctor comes back with "We are not able to reset your device. Please go to HP Support for help." The link to HP Support takes you to a help page that doesn't help at all. Touchpad screen shows the processor with arrow pointing down on it. HELP!

Stupid for me to try and update using the WebOS Doctor. I had already updated via wi-fi to 3.0.2.

Anybody else figure this out. Any response from HP/Palm would be greatly appreciated.

******** UPDATE!! *****************

After spending 3+ hours surfing the web and probably trying WebOS doctor 20 more times, I finally have made some progress!
    I read on other forums that the 12% is a specific percentage after wich the Novacom drivers kick in? or something like that. I thought that maybe the drivers that were downloaded with the Java file might not be adequete so I came across a site that had a link to the newest novacom drivers:

http://code.google.com/p/universal-n...=2&q=%EF%BB%BF...

After installing those drivers, I fired up WebOS Doctor, crossed my fingers as the progress bar went from 2%...4%..8%..9%..12%....13%!!then 21%... I couldn't look anymore and didn't want to be too excited because I've been there before, only to be dissapointed with the "Not able to reset your device" error....so I just opened up another browser and started surfing....after about 2 minutes, I cautiously looked back.. it was at 83%!.. before I knew what happend next, it was done and the touchpad was reboting into that HP logo and soon it was glowing and then the blue screen with the languages!! Yeah, I was that excited. Hope it works out for the rest of you... good luck!

FYI.. I was using Windows 7 x64... perhaps some issue with the TP 3.02 ROM and incorrect novacom drivers. The link above will recognize you have x64 Windows 7 and download appropriate drivers.. I think this is what made it work for me.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Try what the above poster said. If that doesn't work then do what I did and wait for the battery to die. Surprisingly it only takes a couple days even with it off for the battery to die.

I couldn't turn on my touchpad at all. Nothing worked, my computer wouldn't even recognize it. So I put it back in its box and waited for the box HP is going to ship me. Yesterday I randomly decided to hit the power button and a logo popped up saying it needed to be charged. So I plugged it in and the charging logo came on. About 20 minutes later I heard the start up noise and it works perfectly
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I try to let the battery die.
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Call HP and explain to them what happened. Going to have to have them replace it.
    Right now there really is no cure to this problem that keeps popping up. It has happened to me and a few others. Looks like you joined that list.

When you call HP, they'll have you perform the button combos etc etc and then tell you to leave it charged for 30 mins and call them back. Then they'll create a Service Repair Order and ship you a box to send it to their repair center.

I talked to them on Friday night. A box arrived Monday morning via 1 Day Air. Shipped it out that day (Included 2 Day Air label) got to them last Wednesday and just waiting for it to be shipped back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
    Call HP and explain to them what happened. Going to have to have them replace it.
    Right now there really is no cure to this problem that keeps popping up. It has happened to me and a few others. Looks like you joined that list.

When you call HP, they'll have you perform the button combos etc etc and then tell you to leave it charged for 30 mins and call them back. Then they'll create a Service Repair Order and ship you a box to send it to their repair center.

I talked to them on Friday night. A box arrived Monday morning via 1 Day Air. Shipped it out that day (Included 2 Day Air label) got to them last Wednesday and just waiting for it to be shipped back.
    I called HP when I couldn't get Dr. to load and they said there is a known problem with it on the TouchPad and no eta on fix. STAY AWAY FROM HP DOCTOR!!!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinjim View Post
    i called hp when i couldn't get dr. To load and they said there is a known problem with it on the touchpad and no eta on fix. Stay away from hp doctor!!!!
    OMG!!!! The sky is falling!!!!