It's actually not the volume "down" button you hold, but the Volume UP button.
Here are some easier directions:
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable. You must connect your device directly to your computer, not through a USB hub or other intermediate device.
- Now the tricky part. Hold the Volume Up button on the device and insert the USB cable. After the large USB symbol appears on screen, let go of the Volume Up button. If you see the HP logo instead of the large USB symbol, you may have let go of the Volume Up button prematurely. If this occurred , wait until your device boots up, shut down your device and then repeat step
- Windows will find your device and may offer to install two different drivers.
- When asked to install drivers of OMAP, select No, not at this time.
- When asked to install drivers for Palm Novacom (bootie), select Yes and let the drivers install. This may take a while. Once the drivers have been installed, the Next button will become available in webOS Doctor.
- Click Next.
- Do not disconnect your device from the computer during the update process.
- When the Reset Complete screen appears, click Done.
- Wait a few minutes for your device to reset.
- You're done!