1.    #1  
    I am trying to follow the Getting started with your touchpad thread and I am stuck. it says

"Grab your completely shut-down touchpad. Insert the USB cable into the touchpad but NOT into the computer just yet. Hold the volume button down, and while holding the volume button, turn on the touchpad. This will bring up the USB picture on the touchpad. Once you are at this point, run webOS doctor and click through up until the point where the "next" button is greyed out and it asks you to plug in the touchpad."
    I do this but it just goes to select language not the USB picture

Any help is appreciated
    It's actually not the volume "down" button you hold, but the Volume UP button.

Here are some easier directions:

1. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable. You must connect your device directly to your computer, not through a USB hub or other intermediate device.
    2. Now the tricky part. Hold the Volume Up button on the device and insert the USB cable. After the large USB symbol appears on screen, let go of the Volume Up button. If you see the HP logo instead of the large USB symbol, you may have let go of the Volume Up button prematurely. If this occurred , wait until your device boots up, shut down your device and then repeat step
    3. Windows will find your device and may offer to install two different drivers.
    4. When asked to install drivers of OMAP, select No, not at this time.
    5. When asked to install drivers for Palm Novacom (bootie), select Yes and let the drivers install. This may take a while. Once the drivers have been installed, the Next button will become available in webOS Doctor.
    6. Click Next.
    7. Do not disconnect your device from the computer during the update process.
    8. When the Reset Complete screen appears, click Done.
    9. Wait a few minutes for your device to reset.
    10. You're done!
    I appear to be having difficulties getting the device into usb update mode. Is the up volume key if you had the device in portrait mode with the power button at the top and the home button at the bottom the end that's nearest the power button on the volume rocker?

Also will this work when there is no battery I did try inserting it into a usb point whilst holding up (i think) and it just brings me the message that charging can't be done and use the proper plug that came with it.

Any help would be appreciated, i really would like to be able to switch this device back on again.

Gemma
    Quote Originally Posted by supergirlgem View Post
    I appear to be having difficulties getting the device into usb update mode. Is the up volume key if you had the device in portrait mode with the power button at the top and the home button at the bottom the end that's nearest the power button on the volume rocker?

Also will this work when there is no battery I did try inserting it into a usb point whilst holding up (i think) and it just brings me the message that charging can't be done and use the proper plug that came with it.

Any help would be appreciated, i really would like to be able to switch this device back on again.

Gemma
    You are describing "up" correctly. The volume up button would be the first button around the corner from the power button.

You'll need to charge your TouchPad up to at least 50% before you run the doctor.
    Can't seem to charge the device the battery keeps flickering. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by supergirlgem View Post
    Can't seem to charge the device the battery keeps flickering. Any suggestions?
    Check the power plug -- there are two pieces. Make sure that the two pieces are tightly connected. Also, have you tried another USB cable?