Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Nychotxxx
  • 4 Post By juched
  • 2 Post By darkonex
  • 1 Post By bckrupps
  • 1 Post By hailredskins#AC
  1.    #1  
    My 32gb arrived Tuesday but because of hurricane Irene we didn't have power. So late this afternoon I charged it, downloaded 3.02 without a hitch, upgraded whatever apps like Quickoffice that needed to be upgraded again without a hitch. And then started to play around. Definitely very nice and that's a compliment from an ultimate iPad fan.during the weekend I plan to overclock, patch etc but no rush. One thing I noticed was the slowness of flash. The iPad doesn't have flash as we all know but there are new browsers that do flash sites really well - and much faster and smoother than webOS. But hopefully with clocking etc flash will work better. Bottom line I like the tp.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    just got mine yesterday and I am also really impressed. Have a playbook and iPad, and find this is a competitive product.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Agreed, this effin thing rox! I too am a very happy iPad owner and I briefly owned a Playbook and an Asus Transformer+dock for 2 months and I am very impressed by this device, I honestly think they are nuts dropping it. In my opinion yes the hardware may be missing some features such as HDMI out, usb ports, sd card etc but so is the iPad, otherwise I find the build quality spectacular, up there with iPad and Playbook, and worlds beyond the Transformer, that thing felt like a toy. I honestly rank this thing #2 under iPad, then I'd say #3 goes to Playbook and #4 goes to Transformer, I liked the Playbook alot too the hardware was amazing as was the OS but I couldn't stand not having email and any good apps, and Honeycomb had alot of neat features but it was slow as crap especially the web browsers they were horrible!

Anyway, just my 2 cents, long live the Touchpad!

ps - I bought the official HP case for $19 at Wal Mart and the TouchStone for $40 and love em both, nice accessories to have
    KCTraveler and Jake_M like this.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Im with you guys. I have an ipad 2 which i love and i also love the touchpad but more importantly webOS. I was waiting for the iphone 5 but have delayed that and bought a pre 2 off ebay and dumping my droid incredible. Im really glad hp did the firesale or honestly i would have no idea about webOS or this site. I just absolutely love all the tweaks. It seems way more organized and miles ahead of cydia in my book. My love for apple wont change but im glad theres room for apple and webOS in my life. Im just sorry it took a firesale and so much time to realize it. I really hope i like the phone next week. It will be charge, turn on and straight to preware by the way thats 2 tablets for me. Im shocked to hear some people have 3 or 4 different ones lol
    KCTraveler likes this.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Heh I love tablets in general, I'll surely be getting an iPad 3 whenever those are out too. I kinda miss the Playbook, it too had an amazing OS but it REALLY had a huge lack of good apps at least at the time I had it, but from what I hear there is still no email on it (without bridge) which was a huge problem. I loved the 7" form factor and it too like the iPad and Touchpad was very well built, had great sound, screen, etc. I wanted to like Honeycomb but honestly it's pretty blah after the initial newness, and I got really frustrated with web browsing on it. It took me all of 3 min of using the Touchpad to realize everything about it I liked much more than Honeycomb and still haven't changed my mind, this thing is slick!
    Nice to hear opinions from Apple fans and welcome to webOS. I agree the iPad sits comfortably at #1 and apps that can't be beat, it's quite unfortunate HP failed so miserably at marketing webOS. If more people knew more about it's OS and they priced it more competively it may have hadmore staying power.

At any rate, glad you're enjoying it. Stick around, this is a great community and resource.

Cheers
    KCTraveler likes this.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Yea this site is great. Kinda funny cause you only know people through a keyboard but everyone is nice and helpful here. You go to other forums and have to weed through the apple vs whoever crap and bickering lol. Cant wait to get my pre 2 next week. I never have done well with the search option lol so maybe i can slip over to the pre 2 forums and check out some of the enhancement packages on preware for it. There are hundreds and hundreds. That good and bad. I like to start with software tweaks like i did on the touchpad and man is that thing fast now. Makes you wonder why some of the people here didnt work for palm or hp.
    Any questions, suggestions or concerns, we'll be here! The community here is out of this world.
    Funny story... So I discovered today that a buddy of mine, who not too longago purchased aniPad 2 also purchased a firesale Touchpad. He's also in IT and is in charge of deploying them . I asked him if he's been using webOS gestures on his iPad by accident and his was reply was something like, "Dammit yes! I was wondering why the card wouldn't swype and realized I was on my iPad."

Ha, webOS gestures a hard to quit.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  10. chi
    Been playing with this since Tuesday. Lovin' it and appreciating it more each day. I got several and thought I'd be selling them toward an iPad but the more I play with it, just seems so wrong to let this last one go.