Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KCTraveler
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Original Pre owner who left for android. I saw the awesome benefits of uberkernel especially with TMC errors.

Besides overclocking is there a reason to switch to uberkernel? I've tried search and can't find any good information about it.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I was also wondering about this.
    You can check this out Linux kernel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kernels are not just about overclocking. You change the way the kernel handles the phone. You can change options like how often the phone samples for voltage or load, you can change TCP and I/O settings. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I am by no means an expert but broadly speaking the alternate kernels are mostly for over clocking to increase performance but have other improvements as well such as improved memory handling and enabling other features not enabled in the stock kernel. For example you use a kernel that enables CIFS support to then map network shares from your computer to your TP.

You might find this thread interesting to read where they ran some benchmarks using the different kernels at various settings.

Http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...omparison.html

As well as this article.
    TouchPad Overclocking Benchmarks: Which Kernel is the fastest? | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Quills likes this.