1.    #1  
    Hi guys --
    I've noticed something odd when transferring large files (movies, tv show episodes) from my Dell Studio XPS 13 w/ Windows 7 32-bit to the Touchpad. Transfers start out at approximately 18-20MB/s, which is about right for USB2, and then drop after 15 seconds or so to a measly 5-6MB/s. This happens on either of my two USB ports, but I don't see such slow speeds with other USB uses, like to my iPhone.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this?

Thanks!
    I just assumed that the memory used in the touchpad was a slow write speed (like how USB thumb drives can read at 20 MB/s, but write at much less than that).

So, your computer fills up it's write buffer at the USB speeds, but then slows down as it hits the limit of the touchpad's intake bandwidth.

That's just me guess though...I have the same issue; 5 MB/s writes.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump47 View Post
    I just assumed that the memory used in the touchpad was a slow write speed (like how USB thumb drives can read at 20 MB/s, but write at much less than that).

So, your computer fills up it's write buffer at the USB speeds, but then slows down as it hits the limit of the touchpad's intake bandwidth.

That's just me guess though...I have the same issue; 5 MB/s writes.
    Sounds plausible
  4.    #4  
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one... But that still seems crazy -- only 5MB/s write speeds? That's really slow
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Tried with multiple ports/usb cords, always ends up at 5mb/s in the end. Weak
    my 8gb sandisk xtreme has constant transfer rate of 30mb/s

but is there an SD card slot on ANY TABLET ?!@?@?

NOPE
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    my 8gb sandisk xtreme has constant transfer rate of 30mb/s

but is there an SD card slot on ANY TABLET ?!@?@?

NOPE
    actually some android tablets do have full size SD slots you can use...

as for the what the op I have noticed that too, and yeah it most likely is that the men isnt supposed to write higher than 5mb on certain files (I have gotten some rather large files to go up to 10mb constant with burst of 15mb...
    not to mention a produo that I have can write at around 15mb speeds but my psp actually limits it to 6 to 8mb tops so it there could be a limitation on the software although I'm doubtfull
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs