1.    #1  
    So what's the best charging method for optimal battery life? Do you guys charge every night? Let it run all the way to 0 and then full charge?
    these batteries don't like to be drained completely. I charge mine over night.
    These are not nicad or nimh cells.

Charge it, use it, when you get a chance plug it in and recharge it.

There's no right/wrong way to use this thing and it isn't rocket science. If it's 90% and you're not using it and you want to plug it in, go for it.

There is no rule. Again these are not old tech batteries and we don't have to deal with memory issues etc etc.
    Lithium Ion type batteries generally do NOT like be discharged to 0%. That will lessen their life more quickly. The best thing to do is keep them topped off. They will still eventually lose their ability to hold a charge, but I've kept my Pre+ and Pre 2 on Touchstones keeping them charged, and my battery life hasn't hardly been lost on either (of course, the Pre 2 is relatively new, but my Pre+ was about 14 months old and the battery life hadn't hardly dropped at all).
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Lithium Ion type batteries generally do NOT like be discharged to 0%. That will lessen their life more quickly. The best thing to do is keep them topped off. They will still eventually lose their ability to hold a charge, but I've kept my Pre+ and Pre 2 on Touchstones keeping them charged, and my battery life hasn't hardly been lost on either (of course, the Pre 2 is relatively new, but my Pre+ was about 14 months old and the battery life hadn't hardly dropped at all).
    Lithium Ion batteries do not generally like to go below their nominal voltage.

You're assuming that 0% means going below nominal voltage of the battery. This is not the case. The power management system in these devices is very good. They will monitor the battery and act accordingly.

Numerous phones I have tried, When they turned off at 0%, their battery voltage was still at or above NOMINAL voltage, never below. It's OK to go to zero percent if you chose to do so here and there and then fully charge, nothing wrong with that.

Like I said, as long as you're not going below nominal voltage, and you're not, so you should be fine.
    When you take a Lith-Ion down to 0% you are using a full cycle. The more full cycles you use, the faster your battery will lose it's ability to retain a charge. Look at hybrid cars, most will only charge down about a quarter of their charge before they start relying on the gas engine. There's a reason for that. Short cycling a Lith-Ion is always preferable.