1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a way I can make TP shutdown on a schedule? I'd like TP to shutdown automatically every 12:00am.

EDIT: Here's where to download the shutdown app: post #17
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mimoo; 09/25/2011 at 10:10 PM.
    check preware for a patch called battery saver.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. It only turns toggles airplane mode though... not quite what I had in mind.

What I'd really like is for it to shutdown completely everyday, so that even if I forget and don't use TP for days (likely for me), I'm sure it's off, and won't be dead/drained the next time I use it.
    in airplane mode it will last for days. That's the best idea I can give you.
    we need an update of reboot scheduler for TP
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    You could also look at Sconix Mode Switcher. I hope he is updating it for the touchpad soon. It can do all sort of stuff with webos to control reboots and settings to save energy.
    If you tell him you want it, it might be a good additional push for him. :-)
    I want Jason's preset reset app on the touchpad!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    in airplane mode it will last for days. That's the best idea I can give you.
    Yep. Mine went around 10 hours with minimal use and only dropped to 98% or so. Whatever they've got going on when it's sleeping is doing the trick.
  9.    #9  
    Zinge's Reboot Scheduler was pretty close to what I was looking for, but unfortunately he's no longer developing for WebOS. I poked around the source last week and was able to modify it to shutdown. If anyone else is interested in this type of app:

com.palm.zinge-mimoo.shutdownscheduler_0.0.1_all - Minus.com

Source diff:
    com.palm.zinge-mimoo.shutdownscheduler_0.0.1_all - Minus.com

Changes were minor: Renamed IDs to avoid confusion/collision, added wake lock and shortened countdown to keep it from pausing indefinitely while in a countdown, avoid problem if a schedule is missed, reboot=shutdown.

Credits were kept as it is of course. Thanks Zinge!
    Thanx for all the advise,ha.

when I try to download shutdown scheduler, I get a screen of code. I,ve had no other problems with dl's. Did I mess up when I installed all the preware "tweeks" a month ago and forgot to do something?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    when I try to download shutdown scheduler, I get a screen of code. I,ve had no other problems with dl's. Did I mess up when I installed all the preware "tweeks" a month ago and forgot to do something?
    I'm not sure... it might be where I uploaded it, minus.com. I tried attaching it here, but it doesn't like ipk files. Anyone have suggestions where I can upload it?

As a work-around, try downloading it on your computer, then emailing it to your TP. I've been using that way also and it works.
    assuming we can schedule it turns on airplane, will we also be able schedule when to turn airplane off? and can we change it for specific days of the week? i usually stay up late at night on the weekends and would not want airplane on until later in the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    we need an update of reboot scheduler for TP
    Well, there's an update you can do yourself. With Internalz Pro, you can edit
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.zinge-mimoo.shutdownscheduler/appinfo.json
    What you want to do is after
    "theme": "light"
    Add a comma then a new line with
    "uiRevision": 2
    Do a luna restart, run shutdown scheduler and it should come up in full screen with the proper orientation.
    I just did this and it worked for me.
    Thanks, I thought it's not working any more, but already found out it works.
    I don't need it in fullscreen.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Thanks, I thought it's not working any more, but already found out it works.
    I don't need it in fullscreen.
    Yes, funny I thought the same thing at first. I apparently misinterpreted the earlier posts. And I don't really need full screen either but it's nice to have the correct screen orientation.
  17.    #17  
    Here's an update... Probably the last one.

com.palm.zinge-mimoo.shutdownscheduler_0.0.2_all - Minus.com
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43051934/com..._0.0.2_all.ipk

Changes:
    * Updated the UI so it now shows the next scheduled time.
    * Rewrote a few time related bits which I think had problems.

Note: You will need to re-launch the app if upgrading so it re-schedules.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mimoo View Post
    Here's an update... Probably the last one.
    Changes:
    * Updated the UI so it now shows the next scheduled time.
    * Rewrote a few time related bits which I think had problems.

Note: You will need to re-launch the app if upgrading so it re-schedules.
    Thanks. Old one seems to work fine but this looks a bit more clear in display I agree. So need to remove the old or just install over it as an upgrade. I usually remove and reinstall to be safe in this sort of scenario but not sure if it's required.