View Poll Results: What to do with 2 or more touchpads?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sell all the others and keep one for myself

10 28.57%
  • For a $99/$149 tablet, keep all of them!

12 34.29%
  • Keep one or two for different uses.

13 37.14%
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By daffy4u
  1.    #1  
    I, like everyone else, happened to order from everywhere under the sun just in case all my other orders got canceled and I had backups. I got lucky and finally landed one 16gb from best buy that's sitting here in the box unopened and a 32gb (the one i actually want) that won't be here for probably another month through HP SMB.

Looking for advice on whether to sell the 16gb and wait for the 32gb to come or just keep both. In reality I just want to open and use the 16gb sooo bad and just keep both because I can't wait any longer to use this beautiful product Or should i just sell it at a used price when I get my 32gb?

Also wanted to hear what you guys have to say about the benefits of keeping and using two touchpads or is it just a stupid idea to have more than one when you could sell it for a little bit of profit.
    if you decide to sell them, there are people in my office that will take them...
    I'd just sell it and get some money. Wait for the 32.
    Offer it to the Developers, especially those outside of the U.S. who haven't even been able to order a Touchpad. Sell it at your cost plus shipping and a bit for your trouble.
  5.    #5  
    I'm definitely considering about just waiting it out for the 32 and selling the 16 for a little above cost. I'm going to wait til I officially get the confirmation email and tracking though, otherwise I'll be SOL.

It's sooo tempting having it just sit there though.

Also, where can one find developers in need of a touchpad? I'd love to help keep the apps and webOS itself alive and try to sell to a developer.

Thanks for the advice guys
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    Offer it to the Developers, especially those outside of the U.S. who haven't even been able to order a Touchpad. Sell it at your cost plus shipping and a bit for your trouble.
    seconded.......

i mean personally i would keep them all for myself. and never let anyone touch them. ever. but that's just me =)
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by snicklefritts View Post

Also, where can one find developers in need of a touchpad? I'd love to help keep the apps and webOS itself alive and try to sell to a developer.

Thanks for the advice guys
    My plan is contact Rod Whitby. Part of the money from the Web-A-Thon is for purchasing Touchpads for Devs. I figure he would have a good idea of who is in need.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    seconded.......

i mean personally i would keep them all for myself. and never let anyone touch them. ever. but that's just me =)
    It's tempting, right?! haha.

I was also thinking about just using it, keeping it in really good condition and then selling it to a developer or a fellow tech junkie for a lower price once I get the 32gb.

EDIT: I really wish i could tweak the poll a little and make the choices a bit better. I went through it pretty fast so it's poorly written.
    Maybe sell them to developers that are in need of one to develops apps for the TouchPad, win, win.
    I'm going to try to find 2 more. One for my brother, and one to put away should catastrophe strike mine.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    In my case, $99 xmas presents. Lots of time btwn now and then to tweak them