Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bevcraw
  1.    #1  
    I heard today from HP that a new WebOS 3.x OTA update will be out soon. No more info about it but this is a good news after all what happened lately.
    It's previously been stated that at least two updates are forthcoming, a smaller one fixing issues in 3.0.2 and a larger one after that (presumably with a few new features).

In fact, 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 have already been seen in the wild though it's unclear if either one will become an official OTA.
    I don't even check for updates. I just stay logged into PreCentral and I know I will find out about it here first.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/02/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    geeksquadkid and blinktreo like this.
    So true, bevcraw!
    I hope HP is reading this forum and taking notes on all of the complaints.
    HP Touchpad 16GB
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    when there is an update will I need to revert to the stock kernel or disable any of the preware patches?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    I hope HP is reading this forum and taking notes on all of the complaints.
    They do ;-)
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    had mine since Tuesday and still haven't been able to get the 3.02 update to go through...

but hey, at least there is more to come!
    As a WebOS dev we normally get notified up front of any upcoming updates, and get our hands on them first to review. So far I haven't seen anything. Unless they just decide to push it out, which would be a change to their normal procedure.
    Quote Originally Posted by marouen View Post
    I heard today from HP that a new WebOS 3.x OTA update will be out soon. No more info about it but this is a good news after all what happened lately.
    Why what all happened today? Just woke up a while ago.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.