Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Quick question since I cant see a way to do it, to use the net at school I need to be able to set the touchpad to work on a proxy server- is that possible?
    Long standing issue, there is no way to set one. Been like this since webOS was launched.
  3.    #3  
    Man that is a massive pain in the ***. A tablet thats biggest strength is its web-access ability and is marketed at business.. that many businesses wont be able to give web access to.
    Quote Originally Posted by riverer View Post
    Man that is a massive pain in the ***. A tablet thats biggest strength is its web-access ability and is marketed at business.. that many businesses wont be able to give web access to.
    yep, and HP themselves prob use proxy servers
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Manual Proxy Setting Support would be so useful. Why on earth did HP include VPN and AnyConnect missing out manual proxy setting. Hopeful someone will come to the rescue.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Anyone worked this out yet?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I saw a post before where TP has support for proxy server. However, it is not enabled in the GUI..so no way to access it for now. But at least it is there. Not sure why HP didn't think it was useful to have it available already. They are so lost.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  8. xai
    I've managed to make two shell scripts I can run in XTerm to add or remove support for my university's proxy. Is there anyway to link these to an extremely basic app (I am not a developer)? Basically I'd be happy with two buttons, one linked to proxyon.sh and one linked to proxyoff.sh
    Quote Originally Posted by xai View Post
    I've managed to make two shell scripts I can run in XTerm to add or remove support for my university's proxy. Is there anyway to link these to an extremely basic app (I am not a developer)? Basically I'd be happy with two buttons, one linked to proxyon.sh and one linked to proxyoff.sh
    Did you just put the novaterm command in the script file? How did you run it from there?

Cheers
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xai View Post
    Anyone, it doesn't sound too complicated...
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Hi,

I've created an app to switch on and off proxy server access on the Touchpad. If somebody could help me figuring out how I can submit my app to Preware, that would be great.

Cheers!
    Last edited by rob_hh; 09/23/2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Hi All,

I've been trying to publish my proxy app through the precentral feed on preware. However, I still haven't been able to find out the procedure. Therefore, I will make the app available through my own feed for now.

People who are interested in trying out my app, should add

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4011151/ProxySwitch

to their feeds on Preware (Preware->Manage Feeds->Add Feed).

After updating your feeds, you will be able to find it in Preware under the Category "Available Packages->Application->System Utilities->ProxySwitch"

Let me know how the app works for you.

I'll post here once the app has been added to the precentral feed.

Cheers!
    noseph, scasplte2 and brum like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_hh View Post
    Hi All,

I've been trying to publish my proxy app through the precentral feed on preware. However, I still haven't been able to find out the procedure. Therefore, I will make the app available through my own feed for now.

After updating your feeds, you will be able to find it in Preware under the Category "Available Packages->Application->System Utilities->ProxySwitch"

Cheers!
    Hi, I tried to add this feed but it errors out. looks like the link is not correct, I clicked the link above and it errors out in browser as well. Can you post the feed link again.

Thnx
    Anybody else having issues with the feed? I just double checked and the feed is working properly for me. It is normal that you receive a 404 error when you try to access the link to the feed that I've posted, because it is a directory. What happens if you try accessing http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4011151/ProxySwitch/Packages ? Does that work for you?

Are you sure you put the correct link into Preware? What's the error message that you receive?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajayk View Post
    Hi, I tried to add this feed but it errors out. looks like the link is not correct, I clicked the link above and it errors out in browser as well. Can you post the feed link again.

Thnx
    I posted in another thread that the embedded link contains some extra characters at the end, either delete them after you paste to the add feed or just type the listed url manually.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_hh View Post
    Hi All,

Cheers!
    Thanks Rob, just downloaded it and was able to authenticate with the usernameassword@proxy_url method. Thanks again so much for this.
    Thanks rob_hh! Tried the app on my 32G Touchpad. Works great.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Still doesnt work for me.. I tried turning off compressed but the program doesnt show up..
    keeping compressed on, errors out...
    Thanks! worked for me too
    can you pass a username/pw into this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast