1.    #1  
    My Touchpad sometimes tells me the original HP charger is underpowered....

If I unplug the charger from the wall and plug it back in, sometimes the message will
    go away and start charging normally.

The HP charger that came with my 2nd Touchpad has never done this on the 2nd or 1st
    Touchpad.

I tried unscrewing and screwing the charger top(the AC connector side) on and off
    and made sure it was tight. Still didn't help much.

I'm been on hold with HP Touchpad support for about 15 minutes... are chargers
    covered under warranty? (if not, I'm just going to hang up and stop waiting

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    My Touchpad sometimes tells me the original HP charger is underpowered....

If I unplug the charger from the wall and plug it back in, sometimes the message will
    go away and start charging normally.

The HP charger that came with my 2nd Touchpad has never done this on the 2nd or 1st
    Touchpad.

I tried unscrewing and screwing the charger top(the AC connector side) on and off
    and made sure it was tight. Still didn't help much.

I'm been on hold with HP Touchpad support for about 15 minutes... are chargers
    covered under warranty? (if not, I'm just going to hang up and stop waiting

Thanks!
    They should be...and I agree, that one seems defective.

BTW, they were selling them at Walmart for 11 beans - and they are available elsewhere at that price if you want to pick up a spare:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-North-Ameri...bosnation0e-20

I bought one and I'm not even sure why, because we have more than one TS dock per TP in my house at the moment.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    They should be...and I agree, that one seems defective.

BTW, they were selling them at Walmart for 11 beans - and they are available elsewhere at that price if you want to pick up a spare:

Amazon.com: HP North American Power Charger for HP TouchPad: Electronics

I bought one and I'm not even sure why, because we have more than one TS dock per TP in my house at the moment.
    Thanks... 10 seconds after I posted the message, the HP WebOS Butler rep
    picked up the phone!

She took all my info and ordered a new AC adapter for me. They're only shipping
    me the charger without the USB cable.(since we've established that it was the
    charger itself that was acting up) She said it should be here "very shortly
    before you know it...."
    The whole process took less than 3 minutes.

She was very friendly and I actually understood every word she said. I'm guessing
    she's in a call center in India? However, the call quality was horrible, like she
    was talking to me on a CB radio.(yes, I'm so old that I know what CB radio sounds
    like )
    I've had trouble with mine,after a few days it only worked if I bent the connector upwards whilst it was inside the touchpad.Trust me it became a chore to charge it,so after a few days I ordered a new one from amazon which only worked when I removed the official HP cover case.Now after a day of using that I got the same problem as you where it said the charger wasn't giving out enough power and sometimes it wouldn't recognise that the charger cable was connected.Am starting to think maybe the touchpad is defective.
    Also was it a USA HP support centre you called?

Could do with ringing a UK HP support centre to see if they would do the same for me
    I want a touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by batcountry View Post
    I want a touchstone.

ditto lol
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjon29 View Post
    Also was it a USA HP support centre you called?

Could do with ringing a UK HP support centre to see if they would do the same for me

Well, I called he HP Touchpad Butler service toll-free number listed on their US website.
    I was connected to a HP Butler rep in India.