Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes
  1.    #1  
    source digitmes via webosroundup

nice! With almost a million sold in a week, this is beginning to have a nice userbase and is very much alive as 3rd or 4th OS.

now com'on HP, spin-off PST and start planning hardware now so you will be competitive instead of behind.

signed spirit of a start-up webOS supporter

HP to launch second-round sales promotion of TouchPad to clear supply chain inventory
    Last edited by bluenote; 09/02/2011 at 06:16 PM.
    Is there any news about the 7" TouchPad Go (Opal) ?
    yeah, it's cancelled
    pk1234 likes this.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    they sold this many?
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    this is beginning to have a nice username and is very much alive as 3rd or 4th OS.
    No it's dead - unless someone puts out new hardware also immediately, then churn, natural wastage and the rest means that this number starts to decline also straight away. A corpse twitches for a while as well.
    kkhanmd and sinsin07 like this.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    No it's dead - unless someone puts out new hardware also immediately, then churn, natural wastage and the rest means that this number starts to decline also straight away. A corpse twitches for a while as well.
    lol awesome

There are millions caught up in the touch pad frenzy I still think you could turn this around just takes

right price (under 300 retail)

refinements to OS (already being done)
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    bluenote likes this.
  7.    #7  
    they sell 100k in Oct announce new hardware at CES, meanwhile software keeps improving and they continue plans for pcs...
    Last edited by bluenote; 09/02/2011 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    nnounce new hardware at CDs
    Yeah, but who announces this new hardware? HP probably will still be figuring out what to do with their PC division by then.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    meanwhile back in the real world...

Beyond wishful thinking - anything out there to suggest any of that is occuring?
    I'm laughing at what autocorrect did to several posts in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    they sold this many?
    I love your signature. Wish that were true for others....

Selling close to a million gives webOS a little more life support. I still believe the platform has about a year left in it if HP does not find another hardware maker soon. One million is not a number to sneeze at, even though the iPad has sold over 25 times that amount.
    How many are still floating on CL, Kijiji and eBay?
    lol awesome

There are millions caught up in the touch pad frenzy I still think you could turn this around just takes

You think people that want a $99 TouchPad will actually pay 3x that amount for one?
    jeofry#WN likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

And, then it re-animates to become the White Zombie Touchpad 64gb!! Beware!!

it could happen....
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    lol awesome

Ok, let's see. If HP decided to keep developing TouchPad. So when do you really think HP can turn around and release TouchPad2? With their track record, probably around 2012 summer. So with your theory, HP put TouchPad2 at $299 in the market. The problem is that Android Tablets are showing cheaper price already. I'll bet, next year summer, you will see plenty of sub $300 Android Device in the market.

Now new TouchPad 2 isn't bargain any more. It has to compete with bunch of cheap tablets in the market. So within month of releasing TP2, HP will drop it to $200, leave early adopters sour taste again, and become tech industry laughing stock again.

HP won't make another webOS device!
    [QUOTE=passlogix;3127587] when do you really think HP can turn around and release TouchPad2? With their track record, probably around 2012 summer. ]

summer 2012, that only leaves a few months till the world ends, that sounds about right, finally deliver on a product when it is too late.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    sinsin07 likes this.
    So HP hopes to license WebOS to another company where their user base is use to paying $99 for their hardware. Hmm, me thinks this will be a very tough sell.
    sinsin07 likes this.
    I don't understand why everyone keeps harping on about a '$99' tablet. The fact is that even at $200, if not more, the TouchPads would have all sold out. Based on the huge demand for the TouchPad, I would wager that at a price point around $250 the TouchPad would be a major player in the Tablet market. Every single person I know and who has even some idea of the TouchPad, is ready to buy one at $200 with no questions asked. If the $200 price point is acceptable inspite of HP declaring the TouchPad dead and even with all the uncertainity around webOS, then my professional opinion is that the market will most certainly support a price point atleast 50% higher than $200. Android has been in the Tablet market for almost a year, if not longer, and has numerous hardware manufacturers selling tens of tablet models and yet the TouchPad has almost already equalled the Android's tablet customer base. Thus, the fact is that with it's current customer base if the TouchPad does not have a chance to succeed, then I suppose all the 'Android' tablets from every Tom, **** & Harry ought to get out of the business too.

HP should spin off the PSG and they in turn should reconsider the decision to get out of the Tablet/Phone market. They should re-introduce the TouchPad with slight changes and at a new price point, ie. 16GB $275 - $300, 32GB $350 - $375, 64GB $450. Ofcourse a little tweaking of these price points may be neccesary based on actual costings and also some more market research. Although trends on eBay should serve as a rather good substitute for the latter. With all the free publicity and the new awareness level of webOS and the TouchPad, in addition to the now substantial user base, HP has been gifted an excellent opportunity to make a fresh go at this market. The irony is, that this time around they actually have a better chance of succeeding than they did the first time around.

PS: The number of tablets Apple sells, is totally irrelevant to the success of the TouchPad. For the umpteenth time, for the TouchPad to be a success it does not have to beat or even come close to the sales of the iPad.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/02/2011 at 11:00 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post

PS: The number of tablets Apple sells, is totally irrelevant to the success of the TouchPad. For the umpteenth time, for the TouchPad to be a success it does not have to beat or even come close to the sales of the iPad.
    Thank you.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    You think people that want a $99 TouchPad will actually pay 3x that amount for one?
    They are on Ebay right now.
    untitled likes this.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast