Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    don't you think close to a million more sells would help to beef that number up. especially to a new platform where nothing like that exist.
    You think the sell-through rate is going to be 100%?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    You think the sell-through rate is going to be 100%?
    I profess to maybe having my head where the sun doesn't shine - but - my gut feeling is the it's totally price-dependent. IF the put more out at $99/$149/$240(white 64GB) that they absolutely would. If they can manage to figure out how to make money off it - a load of non iPad folks would be all over it.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Opps - sorry my mistake, I thought you were saying that the app would sell a million units!

Time for bed!
    Opps - sorry my mistake, I thought you were saying that the app would sell a million units!

Time for bed!
    Maybe MY BAD - maybe I missed a post somewhere - and it is AN APP - in which case - I'm probably with you!!

Having reread - I THINK that the Million was referring to TP's, not an app.
    Last edited by DILands; 09/05/2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Follow/Up
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    I profess to maybe having my head where the sun doesn't shine - but - my gut feeling is the it's totally price-dependent. IF the put more out at $99/$149/$240(white 64GB) that they absolutely would. If they can manage to figure out how to make money off it - a load of non iPad folks would be all over it.
    Completely agree on the price-dependent statement. That's what's causing this craze. Palm Pre's were available for next-to-nothing, and the Veer was dirt cheap too, and they sold horribly in comparison to the competition.

It's the allure of a new niche product (tablets) + a ridiculously low price ($99) combined with a limited supply that won't be restocked after Oct.
    Hi all,

Not sure what the best thread to post this question:

We know about 200,000 Touchpads will be coming out next month at the fire-sale rate.

What is the best way to order one to make your chances good that you might get one.

I was lucky enough to get my email entered on the HP's website before they stopped taking people's names that are interested in ordering a Touchpad should more be made.

I don't know what else I need to do. I know to keep checking here to read about the latest news but what is a good link to make sure I can get an order in fast?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

That's the craziest thing I think a developer can say, if there are millions of Ipads out there with hundreds of thousands of apps, and thousands of Android tablets out there with a small amount of tablet optimized apps, and now hundreds of thousands of WebOS tablets out there with hundreds of optimized apps why in the world would you not attempt to make some more money. if WebOS has the fewest amount of apps available than any other platform, don't you think your app would get more visabilty, especially if it's a quality app??? I sure would like to know how much money a developer makes in a market where their app will most likely be overlooked by the shear amount of apps available, to a market that maybe has a stagnant userbase and an uncertain future (no pun intended), but still has a large enough userbase and can have very high app visibilty and the ability to make a profit cause they can put out an app that is unique to the platform.

IDK....at this moment WebOS for tablets doesn't have any pinball apps (i'm pretty sure you can find a flash based one on the web though), and i think a developer can make a nice profit if they develop a real quality game and price it at a fair dollar amount.
    If your app is of quality, and people enjoy it, it doesn't matter how saturated an app market/store is, it will stand out and it will make money.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    If your app is of quality, and people enjoy it, it doesn't matter how saturated an app market/store is, it will stand out and it will make money.
    Not if it is hard to find. Also, most people go after the low hanging fruit first. If there is a similar app to yours that is free or lower priced, people download and use that app first.
    Bo and falconrap like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Not if it is hard to find. Also, most people go after the low hanging fruit first. If there is a similar app to yours that is free or lower priced, people download and use that app first.
    That doesn't change what I said above. If someone likes your application, they'll tell someone else about it. Your assertion applies anywhere; a consumer is most likely to check out and download a free application before they are a paid one, however, if they find themselves yearning for something more then they will likely search again.

Hacker News | iPhone vs Android app sales: numbers from an indie developer

The link above is a little tidbit from an iOS (and Android) developer that shared his sale numbers for a few weeks. It's interesting that a top 350 app on iOS brings in a little over $420 a day on average.

I'd venture to say a top 1,000 paid app easily brings in over $100 a day on average.
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

Not sure what the best thread to post this question:

We know about 200,000 Touchpads will be coming out next month at the fire-sale rate.

What is the best way to order one to make your chances good that you might get one.

I was lucky enough to get my email entered on the HP's website before they stopped taking people's names that are interested in ordering a Touchpad should more be made.

I don't know what else I need to do. I know to keep checking here to read about the latest news but what is a good link to make sure I can get an order in fast?

Thanks!

Rob
    yes, this is related to topic at hand, keep on checking Twitter and precentral, HP committed to fulfilling first any processed orders but something tells me they may have some left if they are not available until end of Oct which is only a month away from black Friday and holiday releases of new models.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    If Apple starts selling the iPad at $199... how many will they sell in a day?
    Apple is the only entity(private sector or government) with so much cash
    to burn.
    They will burn the money on the bait and hook and not on the product itself, In this case their IPADs. Tablets are "in" now, they won't be "IN" pretty soon and they know it. They will sell them for premium to prepare for that inevitable.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    yes, this is related to topic at hand, keep on checking Twitter and precentral, HP committed to fulfilling first any processed orders but something tells me they may have some left if they are not available until end of Oct which is only a month away from black Friday and holiday releases of new models.
    Exactly and there's a lot of unfulfilled orders on the books. HP most likely won't have much, or any, to sell to those of us with nothing but cancelled orders and no TP to show for it.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    That doesn't change what I said above. If someone likes your application, they'll tell someone else about it. Your assertion applies anywhere; a consumer is most likely to check out and download a free application before they are a paid one, however, if they find themselves yearning for something more then they will likely search again.

Hacker News | iPhone vs Android app sales: numbers from an indie developer

The link above is a little tidbit from an iOS (and Android) developer that shared his sale numbers for a few weeks. It's interesting that a top 350 app on iOS brings in a little over $420 a day on average.

I'd venture to say a top 1,000 paid app easily brings in over $100 a day on average.
    Interesting to note a marketing study was released last week that indicated that if you used averaged number of downloads per app as a metric, that using the ios app store as the base, that the Nokia ovi store hit 150% of base at the top and webOS was at minus 95% (android was at something like minus 50% or something I am away from home and don't have the figures to hand).
  14. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    Exactly and there's a lot of unfulfilled orders on the books. HP most likely won't have much, or any, to sell to those of us with nothing but cancelled orders and no TP to show for it.
    I already received an email stating that because of the high demand and already unfulfilled orders, I will not be able to get another touchpad.
    I already received an email stating that because of the high demand and already unfulfilled orders, I will not be able to get another touchpad.
    So all the new stock of touchpad coming out at the end of the month is going to unfulfilled orders from HP's original fire sale off their website?
    I was hoping to get another one for my wife since my original order was cancelled from Barnes and Nobles.
  16.    #176  
    Interesting to note a marketing study was released last week that indicated that if you used averaged number of downloads per app as a metric, that using the ios app store as the base, that the Nokia ovi store hit 150% of base at the top and webOS was at minus 95% (android was at something like minus 50% or something I am away from home and don't have the figures to hand).
    I'd like to see data for the TouchPad say from Aug 24-Sept 24.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I'd like to see data for the TouchPad say from Aug 24-Sept 24.
    Hi all,

Perhaps so many apps being sold will help another firm decide it wants to license webOS.

I wonder how much modification would it take a phone designed for android to run webOS or for webOS to be modified to run on lets say a phone similar to the Samsung Epic?

I also wonder if the webOS design group is working on that currently & if it pays to do so or is HP going to flushing more $ down the toilet and then completely dump webOS!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    i hope they make some more available.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    I also wonder if the webOS design group is working on that currently & if it pays to do so or is HP going to flushing more $ down the toilet and then completely dump webOS!
    Hard to say. Leo is a mental defective and I doubt even he knows which way he is going to turn the company 5 minutes from now. The board needs to dump him while there is still a company left to try to bail out.
    Hi all,

Perhaps so many apps being sold will help another firm decide it wants to license webOS.

I wonder how much modification would it take a phone designed for android to run webOS or for webOS to be modified to run on lets say a phone similar to the Samsung Epic?

Take care,

Jay
    webOS is designed for Qualcomm's technology. Samsung doesn't work with Qualcomm, but HTC does, so if any previous hardware can be used that's an HTC hardware

-- Enviado desde mi HP Touchpad usando Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast