Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Results 181 to 193 of 193
Like Tree92Likes
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    webOS is designed for Qualcomm's technology. Samsung doesn't work with Qualcomm, but HTC does, so if any previous hardware can be used that's an HTC hardware


    -- Enviado desde mi HP Touchpad usando Communities
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $webOS$ $is$ $designed$ $to$ $run$ $on$ $arm$ $based$ $chips$. $Which$ $means$ $it$ $will$ $run$ $on$ $any$ $smart$ $phone$ $on$ $the$ $market$ $with$ $the$ $proper$ $support$, $just$ $like$ $android$.
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    webOS is designed for Qualcomm's technology. Samsung doesn't work with Qualcomm, but HTC does, so if any previous hardware can be used that's an HTC hardware


    -- Enviado desde mi HP Touchpad usando Communities
    Samsung works with Qualcomm. They use Qualcomm's LTE chips and the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy SII will have the same processor as the TouchPad.
    HTC Sensation, HP TouchPad, iPod touch 4th generation ...
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it sold extremely well at 99, I am gonna go out of my way to say it would have sold great if it were $300 from the start.
    People are paying that much on eBay.
    HTC Sensation, HP TouchPad, iPod touch 4th generation ...
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYthing24 View Post
    Samsung works with Qualcomm. They use Qualcomm's LTE chips and the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy SII will have the same processor as the TouchPad.
    Hi all,

    I'm almost 100% sure of this...(but keep in mind that I read so much every day on this site and online about webOS)...but I believe the webOS group were/are working on modifications to webOS to make it work on other chips...if my memory is correct...they will soon solve the problem...

    Please if someone remembers anything about this or if I'm wrong please jump in and tell me.

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5. #185  
    You guys do know that all these smart phone and tablet chips are built from the same tech, right? Arm sells the license to the different manufacturers and they each tweak it and modify it for their own needs. So they're basically the same at the core AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    You guys do know that all these smart phone and tablet chips are built from the same tech, right? Arm sells the license to the different manufacturers and they each tweak it and modify it for their own needs. So they're basically the same at the core AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Hi,

    Your correct there...but that's going to be changing b/c Intel is jumping into the mobile chip business.

    Take care,

    jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  7. #187  
    Yes but for now it should require relatively little effort for any manufacturer to support webOS on their hardware.
  8. #188  
    With Windows 8 I don't see a need for WebOS or Android on a Tablet but WebOS is a pretty awesome mobile operating system. It just needs some serious hardware. Imagine WebOS on something like the Epic Touch or EVO 3D.
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshotx View Post
    With Windows 8 I don't see a need for WebOS or Android on a Tablet but WebOS is a pretty awesome mobile operating system. It just needs some serious hardware. Imagine WebOS on something like the Epic Touch or EVO 3D.
    Until I can install Windows 8 on my TouchPad and it is no longer in alpha testing, I think your argument is moot. WebOS does not need any serious hardware, it needs some software updates. It is definitely not optimized for the current hardware.
    aNYthing24 likes this.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    source digitmes via webosroundup

    nice! With almost a million sold in a week, this is beginning to have a nice userbase and is very much alive as 3rd or 4th OS.

    now com'on HP, spin-off PST and start planning hardware now so you will be competitive instead of behind.

    signed spirit of a start-up webOS supporter

    HP to launch second-round sales promotion of TouchPad to clear supply chain inventory
    they are doing this not because they want to be nice nor because they plan on continuing on with the tablet business... they are doing this because they are under contract with manufacturers and would be fined heavily for backing out of the contract.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    they are doing this not because they want to be nice nor because they plan on continuing on with the tablet business... they are doing this because they are under contract with manufacturers and would be fined heavily for backing out of the contract.
    We are waiting to see the answer to the decision making. All we know now is that Bradley wants the decision making over with for PSG as soon as possible as he believes the drag is hurting customer relations, Bradley will run PSG, and he has plans now to get into the tablet business, although he did not say more than that (all reported in the press from interviews with Bradley)
    As much as we want the decision period over with, we cannot hurry it up by saying that is done already, we have to wait (along with Bradley and the rest of Palm).
  12. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #192  
    See the other thread about the report from Bloomburg. Hopefully the board will fire Leo quickly, the spinoff will be cancelled, and we might get a CEO like Hurd again who realizes the potential of WebOS.
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    We are waiting to see the answer to the decision making. All we know now is that Bradley wants the decision making over with for PSG as soon as possible as he believes the drag is hurting customer relations, Bradley will run PSG, and he has plans now to get into the tablet business, although he did not say more than that (all reported in the press from interviews with Bradley)
    As much as we want the decision period over with, we cannot hurry it up by saying that is done already, we have to wait (along with Bradley and the rest of Palm).
    Here's the other thread. Could be too late for webOS though, or maybe not.
    edit: We don't know how the board feels yet, whether that was a split decision or they changed their mind after webOS success.

    edit: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...apotheker.html
    Last edited by bluenote; 09/21/2011 at 11:00 AM.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Posting Permissions