1. k3u
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I recently purchased my HP TouchPad 16GB like a week ago. It's still on 3.0 Firmware however this morning I was watching K-Drama and after I closed the cards I couldn't open any more! I tried using the web browser, just type, ANY programs or apps WOULD NOT launch EXCEPT for Angry Birds HD... now I'm stuck. I also tried doing a hard reset thinking a reset would fix this issue but turns out even after holding the lock/power button down for a minute it wouldn't give me the option to turn it off... now what do I do? Just let the battery drain and hope this thing fixes it self once I start it up again? Also the lock button does work for locking/unlocking but not for turning it off.

P.S. Could it be that it's updating? Since last night it's been asking me to update to 3.0.6.2 but I keep hitting the "Ask me later" option. So.. yeah. :/

Any replies are appreciated.

EDIT : I fixed the problem by holding down the power + home button to do a hard reset!
    Last edited by k3u; 09/02/2011 at 01:17 PM.
    1. Try doing the update, at this point it cannot hurt, and it should reboot the device
    2. Try a factory reset:
    Open Device Info.
    Tap Reset Options.
    Tap Erase Apps & Data twice to delete all personal information
    3. Try to do a doctor on it (but if it will not shutdown, then this might be a problem)
    4. Call HP and get an RMA
  3. k3u
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpierson View Post
    1. Try doing the update, at this point it cannot hurt, and it should reboot the device
    2. Try a factory reset:
    Open Device Info.
    Tap Reset Options.
    Tap Erase Apps & Data twice to delete all personal information
    3. Try to do a doctor on it (but if it will not shutdown, then this might be a problem)
    4. Call HP and get an RMA
    Thanks. I just figured out that I could hold the lock/power + home to make it reset just like Apple devices. Let's hope this works! (:

EDIT : Yeah that fixed the problem!
    press power and screen button together, may have to do this multiple times. You can try also plugging into your computer's USB port and see if it responds.
    then update to 3.02 immediately as it fixes bugs, read the tutorials here for first time users
  5. k3u
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    press power and screen button together, may have to do this multiple times. You can try also plugging into your computer's USB port and see if it responds.
    then update to 3.02 immediately as it fixes bugs, read the tutorials here for first time users
    Alright thanks! (: