1.    #1  
    Ok this is weird. I USB'd a 800mb QuickTime file to my touchpad the other day. I tried playing the 1080p file via the prepare app Touchplayer with no luck. Well today while viewing photos I saw the vid in the download section in the photo app. I tapped to play and sure enough it works. Running time, rewind, forward is all there. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe it was a patch I accidentally downloaded or something.

Now that I think about it the photo app does say "and videos".
    I haven't tried it specifically but if the mov file contains a video in the h.264 codec then it will certainly play. :-) Do you know which codec was used with that video?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Yup - that is the photo AND video app. It plays many variations of H.264, just like Quicktime. Mine plays a lot of my movies, but not all of them. Apparently, Handbrake's Apple Universal setting (I mainly have an all Apple eco-system at home) doesn't work very well for the TP, even though all the iDevices can play it. Luckily, Kalemsoft has no problem with those.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    I haven't tried it specifically but if the mov file contains a video in the h.264 codec then it will certainly play. :-) Do you know which codec was used with that video?
    Probably H264. The source was from my canon DSLR. The files were imported into final cut then exported to quicktime. It's my short film. The editor created the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Probably H264. The source was from my canon DSLR. The files were imported into final cut then exported to quicktime. It's my short film. The editor created the file.
    Which Canon DSLR do you have? What do you normally shoot?

I normally shoot music videos, documentaries, short films with a Canon T2i with a Tamron 17-50mm lens. I have some secondary lenses. I'd really like to get the Canon 24-70mm L lens, but it's crazy expensive. I'm thinking about getting the Tamron or Sigma 24-75mm instead.

I see the 60D bodies dropping in price. I want one, but I want to see what happens when the new Canon bodies drop. Hopefully the prices on the 60D and 7D will come down to where it's affordable for me.
  6.    #6  
    I'm using a 60D. Its a great cam. Best buy hand a good deal beg of year for two lenses and bag with 3yr insurance for 18. I use Nikon 50mm 1.4. While having a variety of lenses is good and helps the main thing is just to get out there and shoot. Imo buying rigs and steadicams can cost more than the camera itself.

side note: there needs to be a video editor, digital slate and Celtx apps for the touchpad.