1.    #1  
    Hey all, running a 32gb touchpad. It seems like at some point everyday my touchpad gives me an notification saying :

"Donnie's Email" (what I named my twc road runner account)
    "Check your login and password"

It wont sync until i go into accounts, click on my email address account, then change login settings, and the green sign in button. Obviously my login and password are correct.

I am wondering why this is happening everyday and i have to continually have to do this.

Any fixes, did I set something up incorrectly?

Thank you in advance.
    Just had this happen for the first time today. I've been switching kernels like mad though for the last 24 hours, I attributed it to that.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Just had this happen for the first time today. I've been switching kernels like mad though for the last 24 hours, I attributed it to that.
    I actually had switch to the uberkernal late last night, but it had been giving me this error for the past week...
    If you open the email app and view the inbox, does it have a yellow triangle at the top? If so, tap on the yellow triangle and see if it has a more detailed error.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    If you open the email app and view the inbox, does it have a yellow triangle at the top? If so, tap on the yellow triangle and see if it has a more detailed error.
    Ya, it says to check your email password and login, but it's correct. After you "check" it, the triangle goes away and all is well.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Ya, it says to check your email password and login, but it's correct. After you "check" it, the triangle goes away and all is well.
    Yea my yellow triangle says the same check your login and password as well. Once I "sign in" back on my email in account settings, I can go back into the mail client and sync my email...

Its simply a pain in the ***, and I am still curious as to what is causing it to want me to check my correct login and pw, and sign back into my email account so often.
    same issue here... After I re-login it'll be fine for an hour or so and then its back to yellow triangle and error notifications
    Tag for updates. I have been experiencing this issue as well. My password is 10 characters, and when I go to the email account settings, the password box only shows 7. It was doing this daily, sometimes multiple times. I manually reenter the password and hit sign in and I'm good to go for awhile. Running mostly stock, with some speed enhancing patches applied. No OC. POP email account. FWIW, my TP hasn't done this in the last 3 days, so I don't know what's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonerman33 View Post
    Tag for updates. I have been experiencing this issue as well. My password is 10 characters, and when I go to the email account settings, the password box only shows 7. It was doing this daily, sometimes multiple times. I manually reenter the password and hit sign in and I'm good to go for awhile. Running mostly stock, with some speed enhancing patches applied. No OC. POP email account. FWIW, my TP hasn't done this in the last 3 days, so I don't know what's up.
    having same issue except that my password is only 8 characters. Only shows 7. And my email doesn't show a yellow triangle. Just this message to check my google password keeps showing up. Watch! Can't figure out why or how to correct it. Any insight is much appreciated. Thnx
    Mine hasn't happened since that first time. Definitely a bug, but one that's hard to duplicate. If we can't re-produce it, it's hard to pinpoint the problem.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Exact problem with my Dad's TouchPad on his TPG account wish I could find an answer.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    the solution I found was to remove the account and add the email account as just a basic email account in the setup. The problem accounts for me were my att.net accounts. I removed the accounts because they showed up as yahoo accounts, and added them again as just basic email accounts. I went into accounts on my settings tab and used the email account option. The one between dropbox and facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeb.meyer View Post
    the solution I found was to remove the account and add the email account as just a basic email account in the setup. The problem accounts for me were my att.net accounts. I removed the accounts because they showed up as yahoo accounts, and added them again as just basic email accounts. I went into accounts on my settings tab and used the email account option. The one between dropbox and facebook.
    Do you get it to sync contacts and calendar events with it set up as ONLY basic email? I have my AT&T Uverse email as my Main Account (used it to set-up WebOS account), but it would not sync contacts and calendar events until I set up a duplicate account as a Yahoo account.

So now it syncs fine, except when I get the yellow triangle to check my log-in settings every day or two. And just like everyone else, my settings were correct before, I just re-type then and I am good for another day or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by donniewb420 View Post
    Hey all, running a 32gb touchpad. It seems like at some point everyday my touchpad gives me an notification saying :

"Donnie's Email" (what I named my twc road runner account)
    "Check your login and password"

It wont sync until i go into accounts, click on my email address account, then change login settings, and the green sign in button. Obviously my login and password are correct.

I am wondering why this is happening everyday and i have to continually have to do this.

Any fixes, did I set something up incorrectly?

Thank you in advance.
    Same problem here. Interestingly, I also have the problem with my Brighthouse Roadrunner account, which is the same as TWC that the OP mentions. Could this be a Roadrunner problem, or are others having it with other mail providers? Its such a shame - my beatiful TP sits in exhibition mode on the kitchen counter, because I know that every time I pick it up, the email will be in "Check Login Settings" - stuck mode. Nice brick.....
    I've only had my TP for a few weeks but this has been happening to me for about 2 weeks. It's really quite annoying and messing up the whole experience.
    Having same problem, with numerous accounts, different providers. At different times, out of the blue, the TouchPad makes me re-enter passwords. Annoying. But, I still love this thing.
    Guys, you don't have to reenter your password. Just tap Sign In.