Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    the biggest speed improvements showed by reducing logging--goto device info, setting in left corner--diagnostics, left corner settings--logging. . . Change to err or non.
    Diagnostics, left corner settings

my option in the drop down menu 3.0.2 is "Collect Logs", not logging

Collect Logs opens a new window, but I don't see "err or non."

(I did change logging levels to "Set Logging to Minimal"
    it was so easy to OC the TP. Thanks for the Overclocking for dummies thread!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    How have you found OC to affect battery life? If I did so I would go for 1.5 but I can be patient with the stock state if it means longer battery as I'm on the go at grad school all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
    OK I can do that

I looked in Govnah and only saw 2 profiles...the one you show above and the stock kernel?
    Where are all these profiles like "conservative", "ondemand", etc., like show in the wiki docs?
    There are differnt profiles based on the device and kernel you are using. Govnah manages those settings. You can use the preset profiles or make your own. In addition to the other links previously provided you might find the Govnah wiki helpful

Application:Govnah - WebOS Internals

For some benchmark test check this thread out.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...omparison.html
  5. uk1
    New so not certain where best to post my question. Please be gentle!

Installed Govnah - but can anyone suggest settings for the new 64gb Touchpad please?

As a newby I'm not certain whether installing Govnah automatically makes changes but the current settings are:

Profile: Palm Default (Is this also correct for the 64?)
    CPU 1: 192mhz
    CPU2: 192mhz (CPU 2 intermittently is zero)
    Temp: 30

Appreciate any ***** guide to what I may do next

Also does simply installing current Govnah change settings ie is my 64 now set to optimum 32 which I understand has a slower clock?
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Diagnostics, left corner settings

my option in the drop down menu 3.0.2 is "Collect Logs", not logging

Collect Logs opens a new window, but I don't see "err or non."

(I did change logging levels to "Set Logging to Minimal"

let me make sure this time.
    app launcher - settings - device info -
    top left corner settings - diagnostics
    top left corner settings again - collect logs
    change logging levels
    set log levels - there you will see the list of everything being logged. Tap each one and set as low as possible = error or none

hope that gets it done
    I have 2 questions.

1: do I need to keep Govnah running as a card everytime I want to overclock?

2: do I need to open govnah everytime I restart the device?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    I have 2 questions.

1: do I need to keep Govnah running as a card everytime I want to overclock?

2: do I need to open govnah everytime I restart the device?

thanks
    The answer to both is no. Although if the TP were to crash out it reboots back to stock speeds and not overclocked
  9. uk1
    ................. any tips for OC the 64gb Touchpad please?
    Help-Very Frustrated
    I am getting an error message (no modifications to target) everytime I try to install F15C Eagle, F4 Phantom, etc via preware. I followed all the instructions and entered the manage feeds. I can OC to 1.51 but Govnah doesn't go any higher. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlpg View Post
    Help-Very Frustrated
    I am getting an error message (no modifications to target) everytime I try to install F15C Eagle, F4 Phantom, etc via preware. I followed all the instructions and entered the manage feeds. I can OC to 1.51 but Govnah doesn't go any higher. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Install the Palm stock recovery kernel in preware.

Reboot

Now you should be able to install any of the OC kernels
    ahh I'm tempted to OC but I'm worried about the risks. I oc'd my pre awhile back which lead to its demise. I had it running at 1ghz which was ******** fast but I'm pretty sure it fried.

now I'm tempted to oc my touchpad because I don't learn my lesson. Are there known cases of bricked TPs due to overclocking out there?
    if you want to play it safe get uberkernel and clock up to 1.5ghz. This is the dual core snapdragon's rated speed from the factory. The warthog kernel at 1.7ghz is safe in my opinion as well. Only 200mhz above processor rated speeds and I believe it still runs at the stock voltage.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    is doing all this really necessary to overclock? cant you just install Uberkernel and Govnah, set the value and be done with it? i don't get why there is an entire 1,500 word thread with all this info about adding feeds,etc.

is there a difference between using Uberkernel and Warthog? which is "best" ?

i just want a simple 1.5-1.6ghz overclock.
    That post is meant for the diehards who are willing to take the risk with the experimental and unstable kernels. Notice its a guide on how to overclock to 1.9 Ghz.

I keep seeing people posting asking over and over about what is safe and what is recommended etc. This is the answer:

IF YOU ARE A NOVICE AND DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, STICK WITH THE UBERKERNEL AND ONLY OVERCLOCK TO 1.5 GHZ. IT IS PROVEN TO BE SAFE AND STABLE. THOSE WHO ARE MORE ADVENTUROUS CAN PLAY WITH THE EXPERIMENTAL KERNELS BUT KNOW THAT HIGHER RISKS ACCOMPANY THE HIGHER SPEEDS. ITS AN EXPERIMENTAL KERNEL FOR A REASON !
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ^^ ah so the extra test feeds, etc. are only required if you want to "push" the limits..
    thanks for clearing that up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12