Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hello folks...

I "bought" a TP from a certain online retailer during the firesale. I say "bought" because they ended up swearing for this past two weeks that everyone was going to have their order filled... They ended up not having them in the first place. I managed to get a refund, so no harm no foul I guess.

Ok, so this was going to be a present for my girlfriend and we had registered the youtube and gmail account "TouchPadAppReviewer" with the intent on making video reviews, tutorials and the like. Haha kinda hard to make app reviews for a device we don't have

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone still had any TPs that they need to sell? We can't really afford the $200+ they are going for on eBay right now, but we'd love to work out something where you still make money on your firesale TP and we get to make reviews.

Just putting the feelers out there.

Also, if anyone would be interested in doing video reviews and tips and trick or designing some logos or something, that would be awesome too!

Thanks everyone!
    Good luck!
    I'm still waiting for the TPs I ordered from HP on the 21st and 22nd. Seems they have no stock, they keep changing the expected arrival date(even though I got in well before the cutoff). They even went as far as to ship the accessories I ordered with a TP on the 22nd but have not yet sent the TP from that same order.

I'm in no rush, they better not cancel my stuff at this point though.
    If you couldn't afford the TP when it was $600, then why is your interest perked over a $100-$150 tablet? Do you figure if it's only $100 then you'll buy one?

If that's the case, then why not just splurge another $50 or so and keep your piece of mind, and get one off of ebay?

I don't understand your frustration about getting burned, and not looking elsewhere.

The TP's are out there, your just not going to get one at the discontinued price.

I paid $174 for my 16GB, and if I had to pony up another $75-$100, I would do it in a heartbeat.

The tablet IS that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeLite View Post
    Hello folks...

I "bought" a TP from a certain online retailer during the firesale. I say "bought" because they ended up swearing for this past two weeks that everyone was going to have their order filled... They ended up not having them in the first place. I managed to get a refund, so no harm no foul I guess.

<snip>
    I smell DataViz.

...although the refund sounds unusual for DV.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post
    If you couldn't afford the TP when it was $600, then why is your interest perked over a $100-$150 tablet? Do you figure if it's only $100 then you'll buy one?

If that's the case, then why not just splurge another $50 or so and keep your piece of mind, and get one off of ebay?

I don't understand your frustration about getting burned, and not looking elsewhere.

The TP's are out there, your just not going to get one at the discontinued price.

I paid $174 for my 16GB, and if I had to pony up another $75-$100, I would do it in a heartbeat.

The tablet IS that good.
    Believe me, I know how good the touchpad is. Ever since the sale I've spent a good chunk of free time dedicated to reading articles on this forum and learning how to do things. Once upon a time I had an iPad and I like, at least from looking at it, the touchpad's much better.

Above all, I like the community that comes with it. Everyone here on PC rocks! And I want to give back. My programming skills are laughable but I have a camera and a couple good ideas.

It's not that I haven't looked. It seems like I always have a window open to eBay. But more often than not, people want closer to $300 for one. It's not that it isnt worth it, I just can't pay that much at this point in my life. Heck if I had the money, I would have bought one when my money was tied up in the other company.

I'm not frustrated in the slightest. I can always wait and cross my fingers for the second round of firesales. It's no skin off my back. I just thought it would be fun to have a reviewer like all of the other platforms do.

Totally fine if no one needs to sell one though. I was just checking
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    I smell DataViz.

...although the refund sounds unusual for DV.
    Yep... You hit the nail on the head! Yeah, I was perfectly reasonable through this whole thing... Then they filled order not in the order they were placed and gave upgrades to people who whined. So I called, emailed, and opened an eBay claim and I got my money back lol.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    Good luck!
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Next firesale it is then :P
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post

The tablet IS that good.
    Sorry but I don't buy into your thinking. You wouldn't buy a car at another dealer for x amount more just because the closet dealer is sold out. Like let's say a pontiac spelling? Who went out of business. If hoarders did not buy 5 at a time with the intention to make a few bucks that they won't have a year from now maybe the original poster could get one.

Because it was 600 dollars before doesn't mean its worth that now. Stores sell it for 100 I could see paying 150-175 just for difficulty in finding one and paying someone for their work.

Cuz of you sell it six months down the road you won't get nearly as much as u paid as it was originally worth 100 before. Would you buy a dudes tp at 450 used cuz he paid 600 before firesale? I have one which I promised away to my mom thinking I was getting 3 more. Sux but I'm gonna give to my mom. And I refuse to pay someone more than what it is worth to grab another. Sorry for a long post just tired of these shady dudes making a buck. If they had real jobs and careers like the rest of us we all could be happy.

sent from my thunderbolt
    there are several hundred available on amazon.com
    if you can't afford $200 on a TP then you're spending your money on the wrong thing...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thirsy1258 View Post
    Sorry but I don't buy into your thinking. You wouldn't buy a car at another dealer for x amount more just because the closet dealer is sold out. Like let's say a pontiac spelling? Who went out of business. If hoarders did not buy 5 at a time with the intention to make a few bucks that they won't have a year from now maybe the original poster could get one.

Because it was 600 dollars before doesn't mean its worth that now. Stores sell it for 100 I could see paying 150-175 just for difficulty in finding one and paying someone for their work.

Cuz of you sell it six months down the road you won't get nearly as much as u paid as it was originally worth 100 before. Would you buy a dudes tp at 450 used cuz he paid 600 before firesale? I have one which I promised away to my mom thinking I was getting 3 more. Sux but I'm gonna give to my mom. And I refuse to pay someone more than what it is worth to grab another. Sorry for a long post just tired of these shady dudes making a buck. If they had real jobs and careers like the rest of us we all could be happy.

sent from my thunderbolt
    I completely agree. I don't mind paying a bit more because someone did have to take the time (and be lucky enough) to find one. There is part of me that has a problem with paying twice what the device is worth just in a finders fee. That's kinda the way I think about it (regardless what the devices value to an individual is), the device cost $100 and anything over that is a finder's fee. If you look at it that way, $150 seems like a pretty fair price. I mean you are paying half of the device cost just because someone managed to get in before someone else. And if you had bought 10, that's $500 in profit.

But I know that's not how the world works. The shady ebay people are doing it because they can.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there are several hundred available on amazon.com
    I would buy one from there but... I cantaffordit. lol I couldn't resist
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdiapers View Post
    if you can't afford $200 on a TP then you're spending your money on the wrong thing...
    Haha I've thought about that many times. Putting my sister and I through college aint cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by TR6vs911T View Post
    Your kidding me about how good these things are. There definitely not worth paying the extra money for on ebay! I have one and yes the user interface is great better than any Tablet for being able to have multiple windows open no real apps thou. There is **** for ports. Other companies are beginning to discount there tablets also. The #1 reason also not to go crazy over these is Black Friday is coming wait and see some big discounts on others will be coming, a frenzy over what!

So sell it to the OP for cost. ;-)
    I missed out too thanks to onsale screwing me over. I'm anxiously awaiting the next firesale. I signed up for the email notifcation, so i'm gonna jump on it the second I get the email
    Quote Originally Posted by TR6vs911T View Post
    Your kidding me about how good these things are. There definitely not worth paying the extra money for on ebay! I have one and yes the user interface is great better than any Tablet for being able to have multiple windows open no real apps thou. There is **** for ports. Other companies are beginning to discount there tablets also. The #1 reason also not to go crazy over these is Black Friday is coming wait and see some big discounts on others will be coming, a frenzy over what!
    that's twice I've seen this exact post. One more time and I going to push the button. We get it you don't like yours. Sell it to the OP for cost if you hate it so much. Duplicate rants are not productive forum material.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    I missed out too thanks to onsale screwing me over. I'm anxiously awaiting the next firesale. I signed up for the email notifcation, so i'm gonna jump on it the second I get the email
    Hope you don't mind a bit of friendly competition
    A lucky few with connections will get first pick. I predict about a third of the un-connected will get a touchpad. As an indicator I look to the email they sent to a minority of those that signed up to be notified when GPS were available, and the blog saying not everyone would be successful in getting a TP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast