Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I would prefer that to built in mail application
    just use the basic html version of gmail.. Works a lot better and faster
    I did not have the same experience. gmail through browser was slow and the keyboard blocks the input screen. not very useful imho.
    what's wrong w/ webos default mail application?

i realize this wasn't your question, but i'm just curious
    I'm not sure what the op is having problems with but I would simply like to view emails as conversations. Its silly to have 30 emails from the same person listed in the inbox. makes it hard to find what you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by videogmike View Post

Wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    I'm not sure what the op is having problems with but I would simply like to view emails as conversations. Its silly to have 30 emails from the same person listed in the inbox. makes it hard to find what you are looking for.
    One of the things I hate about gmail when I am viewing from the web is conversations. I have started to get used to it, but it still bugs me, mainly because it will sometimes group things together that I normally wouldn't group together.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Random idea...

Try adding "?ipad=true" or "?iphone=true" at the end.

I know that works in Google Docs to force iPhone mode.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

For one thing, if you have extra email accounts on gmail then you can't use any of those in the default app. You also can't do that in Basic HTML Gmail, which makes WebOS not very good at emails for me.

No threaded view (this is almost a deal-breaker for me by itself). Limited searching. Because it's IMAP, organization is based on folders and you can't use labels. There's a lot to prefer about web-based Gmail.
    Google doesn't even recognize the touchpad as a tablet apparently. They have a different interface for tablets but we don't get it.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    I would prefer that to built in mail application
    The whole thread is screwy "anyway to trick gmail into giving us apple's gmail interface!?"

You do know this is webOS and a webOS forum?

I just feel this may be off topic on this forum?
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Yeah, the ipad interface is pretty slick - if you want to try it, use off-line gmail in chrome, I believe the interface is basically the same.

I'd love to get an answer to this as well.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    The whole thread is screwy "anyway to trick gmail into giving us apple's gmail interface!?"

You do know this is webOS and a webOS forum?

I just feel this may be off topic on this forum?
    What's screwy about it? Gmail has a custom built tablet interface - people want to use their tablets to access that custom built tablet interface.

Screwy? Seems perfectly logical to me.
    Perhaps the OP shouldn't have said Apples interface and rather said the tablet interface and this would have gone a bit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    What's screwy about it? Gmail has a custom built tablet interface - people want to use their tablets to access that custom built tablet interface.

Screwy? Seems perfectly logical to me.
    I agree
    why can't gmail make webOS one of the tablet interfaces? I mean July blocked us, gmail could do something for us
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    just use an IPad lol
    find an ipad, type in the url it uses. before i doctored my TP i had it as a bookmark. my coworker wanted to know if i could get to ipad sites so we tried a few and they worked. i will try to get the url for you but i have to find an ipad first.

try this

https://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/647

works on my TP

you can do google plus also if you just get the url
    Last edited by sleepymas; 09/02/2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: found adress
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Because it's IMAP, organization is based on folders and you can't use labels. There's a lot to prefer about web-based Gmail.
    Please stop spreading misinformation. https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=77657
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fobis View Post
    Please stop spreading misinformation. https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=77657
    Well it's partly true, as far as I tell you can't apply multiple labels in the TP client because you have to place an email in a single folder (label).

sleepymas - that seems to be the iphone interface - so if we could find the ipad url....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast