Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728
Like Tree67Likes
    Here is the issue I am having. I bought what was advertised on ebay as a USB OTG cable and a converter which went from female mini usb to female usb.....USB A Female to Mini USB 5-Pin Female Adapter Converter (2-Piece) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX because I already own multiple Y cables which are used for external 2.5" drives which may require a little more power. After receiving all the adapters in the mail, I inserted the OTG adapter into the touchpad, plugged the Y cable into the adapter, plugged the other branch of the Y into my computer, and used the female to female adapter to plug in a flash drive. The flash drive shows it is receiving power for a split second and turns off. When I plug the drive in halfway into the female slot it stays powered but is never recognized. I tried plugging the other branch of the Y into a powered hub, wall charger, touchpad charger.....everything I could possibly think of, all to no avail. I tried using 3 different flash drives, a USB keyboard and a usb mouse. All flash drives behave the exact same way, (receive power for split second) and are never recognised by the touchpad. Both WebOS and Cyanogen Mod 9 fail to ever recognize any device.......any ideas????
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    I doubt that the TouchPad would have the Drivers to recognise and support the 3G Stick.
    Sorry, couldn't respond sooner as I was away for a while.

Hmm. I thought I read somewhere about that particular problem..or maybe its wishful thinking. Searching my browser history...
    If webOS has a linux kernel inside, can I do something like this: How to Set Up a 3G Dongle for Linux | eHow.com ?
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawin View Post
    Here is the issue I am having. I bought what was advertised on ebay as a USB OTG cable and a converter which went from female mini usb to female usb.....USB A Female to Mini USB 5-Pin Female Adapter Converter (2-Piece) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX because I already own multiple Y cables which are used for external 2.5" drives which may require a little more power. After receiving all the adapters in the mail, I inserted the OTG adapter into the touchpad, plugged the Y cable into the adapter, plugged the other branch of the Y into my computer, and used the female to female adapter to plug in a flash drive. The flash drive shows it is receiving power for a split second and turns off. When I plug the drive in halfway into the female slot it stays powered but is never recognized. I tried plugging the other branch of the Y into a powered hub, wall charger, touchpad charger.....everything I could possibly think of, all to no avail. I tried using 3 different flash drives, a USB keyboard and a usb mouse. All flash drives behave the exact same way, (receive power for split second) and are never recognised by the touchpad. Both WebOS and Cyanogen Mod 9 fail to ever recognize any device.......any ideas????

Strange.. maybe that converter is dodgy with the TP port configuration? Perhaps you have data & power lines crossed/grounded?
    The (Samsung) OTG USB Host cable (USB Micro B Male --> USB A Female) might be a better one to use anyway?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/270823070399?afsrc=1
    I just tried emulation of your process using this OTG and a 'Y' cable (USB A Male for Data - to TP via OTG + USB A Male for power - 5v from the TP Barrel Wall Charger unit + USB Mini A Male). the latter ran to 4 port hub, which powered and into which I then inserted a memory stick. This was then recognised no problem in webOS by the open 'USB Flashmount OTG' App. This App recognises an OTG cable.
    Is yours?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/14/2012 at 08:28 AM.
    I too have tried accessing USB using all the right setup... Still unable to. I've tried Xecutah without success too.

I currently have the error messages 'de.thg.usbflashmount.node' but have no idea what it is.

How near to a solution are we? I'd love to put movies onto the touchpad and access portable HDD from it while on the move.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    hi guys,

would like to ask :

is it possible to connect BOTH a 2.5" external HDD PLUS a CF card reader from a powered usb hub and transfer photos from the CF card to the external HDD?

if so, what would be the more reliable powered hub i can buy to support 2 devices @ 1 go?

from the posts i read, it seems that even for one device, it's a hit and miss affair. correct me if i'm wrong.
    I am so happy to find this forum. I would like to follow the instruction to set up my HP touchpad to let it recognizes the USP flash drive. I am not good on terminologies of USB cables, it is somehow confusion on male vs. female, A vs. B and heavy vs. light. Even I read through almost all the posts in this thread, I am afraid of ordering one in case it is wrong and will not work. It will be very helpful, if anyone whose setup is successfully working, can give me exact catalogue numbers or links on Amazon or ebay for the items (USB OTG cable and USB Y cable) which I can order from United States. Thanks.
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728