Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    have recently doctored and now lack of ability to install FileMgr Svc and SysToolsMgr Svc which are dependencies for InternalzPro and TouchVol respectively and other apps since my recent 3.0.5 doctoring is an unhappy consequence ...is there a solution forthcoming, or should I doctor to 3.0.x earlier, put them on, and then update OTA ?
    I have replied to your Cross-Post in the Homebrew thread. I'll leave the Mods to rap your knuckles for cross-posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    I have replied to your Cross-Post in the Homebrew thread. I'll leave the Mods to rap your knuckles for cross-posting.
    and here I thought it was my wife who held the proverbial wooden ruler !! ...lol
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Did you set Preferences in Internalz Pro to show Hidden Files?

Did you "Mount" the USB drive? You should be able to browse the contents of the Drive in the Directory to which you mounted it.
    I've set Internalz to show hidden files.

The problems I'm having I believe is what I have to type in Xecutah/Xterm. I've tried that "cdmon" but no file or directory is found.
    My usual luck... I wanted to try if this was working on a pre3, so I got one cable from uk ( a couple euro more due to shipping, but at least delivery in 3 days , compared to the 21 or more business days if ordered from a seller located in HK or China ) and... it's slightly defected

the pins on the microusb side are 1 millimeter downward so it's unable to plug
    Ok, I don't want to go through 27 pages of posts.

It would be great if this could be condensed into an official "How-To", don't you think? Or is it not quite at that point yet?

Edit: Nevermind! I found it.
    Last edited by katefields; 03/15/2012 at 03:59 PM.
    hello,

I managed to get a setup working for my USB Key with OTG & +Y -cable + Tpad Power adapter, but not with my SD card reader
    Any differences why it does not get the SD card to be seen, while logging shows the card reader?

tx
    Somewhere in the 27 pages of this thread, I have expressed the opinion that the USB 2.0 implementation on the TouchPad is flakey.

I have found that some devices work and others don't .... even of the same type. Interposing the Solar Hub in the chain seems to make it reliable as discussed in the other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    I dream of 3G USB modem for my TouchPad Maybe it possible to find some space to put it inside TP.
    Bump. Anything new to this possibility?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wgaich View Post
    Bump. Anything new to this possibility?

Thanks.
    good idea but how much juice would it consume?
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrxblanchard View Post
    I have the same setup. However, as soon as I plug in the OTG cable my TouchPad becomes uncontrollable. Literally I can't type with the keyboard and any active card starts zooming in or minimizing itself if I touch anywhere on the screen.
    I have the same problem: As soon as I connect the usb hub with the touchpad, the touch goes crazy. Sudenly apps are closed or sound is off or some characters are entered in xterm by random.
    In spite of this I can mount an usb stick and copy data. After a while the Touchpad restarts.
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitisen View Post
    I have the same problem: As soon as I connect the usb hub with the touchpad, the touch goes crazy. Sudenly apps are closed or sound is off or some characters are entered in xterm by random.
    In spite of this I can mount an usb stick and copy data. After a while the Touchpad restarts.
    Try with another power adaptor. Really, some really mess up the capacitive screen.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Try with another power adaptor. Really, some really mess up the capacitive screen.
    Thanks. After trying some other AC-adapters it works now.

For best usability there should be an automounting and power from touchpad.
    Perhaps somebody will find out something about this.
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    I'm not sure anyone will see this, but I'm trying to get USB audio to output to my FiiO E17 DAC. I know the Touchpad has USB host capability and I have installed uberkernel (latest version) and pulseAudio settings. My E17 has its own power, so doesn't need a hub. Using a USB OTG cable, when I enable USB audio, nothing happens. The music and all sounds still come out of the speakers. Can anyone help me?

Kojaku
    I want to connect USB pen Drive to Touchpad. For that purpose, I tried to connect it through y-cable and otg. downloaded otg.txt file from the site. (renamed to otg)
    there are 2 problems.
    (1) my device does not show /dev/sda1 directory to use mount and umount command.
    (2) I downloaded otg file from site and put in /usr/bin. Connected my usb drive at one end and other end to power cable (I don't have hub, so connected to power cable). TP shows charging. When I type otg command, it says, no (more) otg devices found.
    Please help
    (3) I also have CM7, please tell how to connect usb drives through CM7,

Raj
    That's because the command is umount NOT uNmount

I am unashamedly cross-posting this information here because there are currently at least three threads on this subject running here and the sme questions are cropping up in all of them :

Try this IN THE SEQUENCE specified:

Using a MicroUSB OTG Cable and a USB Female to 2 USB A Male Power Extension Y Cable:

a. Connect the Thumb Drive to the Female USB end of the Y Cable
    b. Connect the Heavy (Main) cable USB plug of the Y Cable to the OTG Cable
    c. Connect the Light cable USB plig of the y Cable to your TouchPad Power Supply
    d. Now plug the OTG Cable Micro USB Plug into the TouchPad

Now the “Soft” part:

1. Using Internalz, create a new directory in /media/internal called usb

2. From Preware, install Xecutah. This will automatically install Xserver and Xterm

3. webOS does not automatically mount drives when seen on an otg cable. So:

a. Open Xecutah/ Xterm and type: mount /dev/sda1 /media/internal/usb
    b. Then type: ls /media/internal/usb to make sure it shows the files on the drive.

4. Then fire up internalz pro and go to settings and click on show hidden files and apply that.

5. You should now be able to see the Thumb Drive Files under the /media/internal/usb Directory

CAVEAT! Be sure to use Xecutah/XServer/XTerm to "umount /dev/sda1" when you are done with a drive. (umount is the unmount command)
    As per your instructions, I tried to connect touchpad through y-cable and otg. downloaded otg.txt file from the site. (renamed to otg)
    there are 2 problems.
    (1) my device does not show /dev/sda1 directory to use mount and umount command.

(2) I downloaded otg file from site and put in /usr/bin. Connected my usb drive at one end and other end to power cable (I don't have hub, so connected to power cable). TP shows charging. When I type otg command, it says, no (more) otg devices found.
    Please help

Raj
    Quote Originally Posted by rksharma View Post
    As per your instructions, I tried to connect touchpad through y-cable and otg. downloaded otg.txt file from the site. (renamed to otg)
    there are 2 problems.
    /dev/sda1 is the DEVICE, NOT the Directory. The Directory is /media/internal/usb

Note that my otg script automatically detects the Device and mounts it to the appropriate directory

Please help
    The "no (more) otg devices found" message from my otg Script indicates that no DEVICES were detected on the USB OTG cable.

Also, if the TP indicates CHARGING, then the Micro USB port is NOT in OTG Mode. the probable cause is that your OTG Cable does not have pins 4 and 5 bridged. Try another OTG Cable.

You will have read in this thread that many users have had unreliable results with the Y Cable and that is why I started the new thread using the Solar Hub.

Raj
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $CM7$ $and$ $CM9$ $auto$ $mount$ $any$ $OTG$ $devices$ $found$ $so$ $if$ $CM7$ $doesn$'$t$ $see$ $your$ $OTG$ $device$ $either$, $it$ $suggests$ $that$ $you$ $have$ $a$ $defective$ $OTG$ $cable$. $However$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $use$ $CM7$ $or$ $CM9$ $so$ $cannot$ $help$ $you$.
    /dev/sda1 is the DEVICE, NOT the Directory. The Directory is /media/internal/usb

Thanks!! I understand. however it does not recognise /dev/sda1. There is no device sda1 or sdb1 or sdc1

RK
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    good idea but how much juice would it consume?
    This stick (https://www.vodafone.in/3gworld/page...k.aspx?cid=raj) takes 5V according to customer service - they couldn't tell me anything more. Is that info enough?

Wheel_Nut,
    I've been reading most of the pages here. Guess this would be similar to connecting any other device?

And for your work, I've given you a thanks on the 'USB OTG Adapter for TouchPad...' post! You're welcome!

~LVS
    LVShankar, The TouchPad MicroUSB Port does NOT present any Voltage on the +5V (Pin 1) of the connector. Indeed, there is no 5V present in the TouchPad which is powered by a single Cell 3.6V Lithium Ion Battery AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

You could supply the stick with external +5V supply as we do with the OTG devices but I doubt that the TouchPad would have the Drivers to recognise and support the 3G Stick.