Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 547
Like Tree67Likes
  1. #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtro83 View Post
    it can't find the file, the file is however well established , I don't understand , the syntax is ok ....

    Click to view quoted image
    you need to have a space between sda1 and media. The command should look like mount /dev/sda1 /media/internal/usb
  2. #322  
    You missed the "space" between /dev/sda1 and /media/internal/usb
  3. xtro83's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #323  
    I'll never , yet although the file is created , it can't find :



    Last edited by xtro83; 10/21/2011 at 12:48 PM.
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtro83 View Post
    I'll never , yet although the file is created , it can't find :

    Click to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted image
    check to see if the device is actually on sda1..if you do it several times it changes the location.
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtro83 View Post
    I'll never , yet although the file is created , it can't find :

    Click to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted image
    Have you set Internalz Pro to show HIDDEN Files?

    Edit: I just noticed that the mount failed - No such file or directory.
    The USB port seems to be in Low power mode. Not sure what that means.
    Last edited by Wheel_nut; 10/21/2011 at 02:52 PM.
  6. xtro83's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Have you set Internalz Pro to show HIDDEN Files?

    Edit: I just noticed that the mount failed - No such file or directory.
    The USB port seems to be in Low power mode. Not sure what that means.
    yes , it show hidden files , the port is in low power mode because I don't put the 5v on the touchpad's port , only on the device

  7. xtro83's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    check to see if the device is actually on sda1..if you do it several times it changes the location.
    it's sda1 , 2,3 ,4 then 1,2,3,4 ?
  8. #328  
    I built a USB OTG cable from a normal Micro USB cable ,
    I soldered pin 4 and pin 5 together . ( sense pin and GND )
    At the end I have a OTG cable.

    it's work !
    Tested on webos and CM7 .
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtro83 View Post
    it's sda1 , 2,3 ,4 then 1,2,3,4 ?
    sd{a,b,c...}{1,2,3...} - a,b,c is disk, 1,2,3 is partitions on disk

    anyway, after you connect usb device to touchpad, run on touchpad in XTerm:
    dmesg

    at end of messages you see what device with what partitions is found on actualy inserted device
  10. #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtro83 View Post
    yes , it show hidden files , the port is in low power mode because I don't put the 5v on the touchpad's port , only on the device

    Click to view quoted image
    what is wrong with powering both - the TP and any peripheral - at the same time?
  11. #331  
    Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post, excellent work. The result was I was able to transfer photos from my camera to my touchpad without a computer, so could be done out in the field, oh and then emailed through freetether on my pre2, well cool.

    USB OTG adapter
    USB 0.25m extension
    USB emergency phone charger
    USB SD adapter & memory card

    Splice the emergency charger into the USB extension

    Plug it all together and your away, sometimes you need to play about with what order you connect everything, but it works.

    I found a good way to check how your device is connected to the touchpad.

    In the terminal type:- ls /dev/sd*

    It will list how the devices are named on the touchpad so you can use these to mount the device correctly

    Thanks again to everyone
    Peter
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtro83 View Post
    yes , it show hidden files , the port is in low power mode because I don't put the 5v on the touchpad's port , only on the device

    Click to view quoted image
    Xtro83, The External +5V has to be connected to the +Vcc on the MicroUSB Plug as well.
  13. #333  
    Here is a picture of a working setup.

    1) MicroUSB OTG Cable http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2708230703...84.m1497.l2649

    2) USB Hub (with MicroSD Card and USB Adapter) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2708099199...84.m1497.l2649

    3) Emergency USB Power supply (1x AA Battery) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1106876522...84.m1497.l2649

    I had to adapt the white USB Cable to fit the Power coaxial input to the Hub. An alternative would be to use a USB A Male to USB A Male adapter and plug iit into one of the 4 Ports. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-type...item41493d15b1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wheel_nut; 10/23/2011 at 11:37 AM.
  14. xtro83's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Xtro83, The External +5V has to be connected to the +Vcc on the MicroUSB Plug as well.

    is a little more complicated because it goes into charge mode
  15. xtro83's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Xtro83, The External +5V has to be connected to the +Vcc on the MicroUSB Plug as well.

    I tries the two mode , but it is the same......
  16. #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    _______________________________________________,- female to female -> Keyboard
    hp -> micro-usb -> female to female usb -> y cable --<
    ...........................................................................`-PC USB

    Hope you get the idea. Basically tried y cable in both directions along with the keyboard into another device (my N900, swapping the hp for the N900) and had no issues with the configuration. Also tried a harddrive (didn't see anything pop up in /dev) and a mouse (not sure that was working to begin with.)
    As I understand it, the f-f connector would have to connect the input of the hub to the TP not the output. so it would have to be...


    TP-> micro-usb -> female to female usb -\
    PC USB---------------------------------/ y cable -> usb hub -> keyboard or other usb dev.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

    My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  17. #337  
    xtro83, Make sure that the Rig is fully connected and the MicroUSB plug is powered BEFORE plugging it into the TouchPad.
  18. #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Here is a picture of a working setup.

    1) MicroUSB OTG Cable

    2) USB Hub with MicroSD Card and USB Adapter

    3) Emergency USB Power supply (1x AA Battery)
    Thanks Wheel_nut that looks like a really cool setup. The hub you are using must be putting 5v back to the TP I've been looking for one of those cause they are not advertised as such.

    I'd like to duplicate your setup, can you give us a parts list or even better links to where you bought stuff. Thanks a lot !
  19. #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post
    Thanks Wheel_nut that looks like a really cool setup. The hub you are using must be putting 5v back to the TP I've been looking for one of those cause they are not advertised as such.

    I'd like to duplicate your setup, can you give us a parts list or even better links to where you bought stuff. Thanks a lot !
    I have annotated my post with eBay source information.

    p.s. I have an even more elegant solution but it will be two weeks before the parts get here from Hong Kong.
  20. xtro83's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    xtro83, Make sure that the Rig is fully connected and the MicroUSB plug is powered BEFORE plugging it into the TouchPad.

    I just do it this way is always the same,mounting is ok , but it does not find the file ( no such file or directory ) .............

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions