Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1  
    I think the touchpad is doing WELL after the 3.0.2 update?

Am I the only one! :lol:

I feel kinda stupid not loading it on.
    I rather have longer battery life but it is tempting to OC.
    IMHO the touchpad was doing very well at stock speed with 3.0.2 and the logging turned off. Once I overclocked it to 1.5GHz it is noticeably more responsive and I don't notice much difference when it comes to battery life.
    It works well for me at stock settings. I overclocked my Pre- long ago, so I'm not averse to the concept, but I want some time with it running as designed. And so far, that suits me.
    I've been using uberkernel since day one, but I just last night reverted back to stock settings and oddly enough, I no longer experience the random freezes and choppiness during some flash videos I had before. I do miss the responsiveness of 1.5ghz, though. Hopefully uberkernel will be fixed in these respects.
    A stock 1.2Ghz Touchpad on 3.0.2 is fast enough for me.

I have no problems overclocking, I just don't need to.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I don't feel confident in my ability to do it and don't want to risk messing up something I can't replace.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    My battery life doesn't seem to be that much of a difference overclocking to 1.5GHz.
    HP Touchpad 16GB
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    That is my reason
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    I'm happy running stock kernel right now. I can always OC later.
    I'm sure there's piles of people who bought a $99/$149 Touchpad and who have never even heard of "overclocking" much less kernels, preware or Govnah.

They're also running with Full Logging on, the poor sods
    vella_ likes this.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I'm happy running stock kernel right now. I can always OC later.
    I feel the same way. Stock seems to be running just fine now so I have no reason to overclock. I don't do anything that requires it to run faster and I don't want to risk messing anything up. It doesn't have any problems now so why risk changing it and causing problems..
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard30 View Post
    IMHO the touchpad was doing very well at stock speed with 3.0.2 and the logging turned off. Once I overclocked it to 1.5GHz it is noticeably more responsive and I don't notice much difference when it comes to battery life.
    Where do you turn logging off i get 5-6sec freezes every now and then..its annoying.
    I'm very satisfied with the speed of the TP. I've overclocked my Pre2 because the speed was noticeably lacking, and I haven't experienced any performance problems. Maybe when I have some free time, I might try overclocking the TP, but right now, I'm enjoying using it.
    3.02 is pretty decent. While i have downloaded most of the patches (except overclocking) i don't notice much difference in speed. I don't see a need to overclock.
    I would say it is quite safe to OC to 1.5 GHz.. After all HP released the 64 gig with a spec bump to 1.5 and it still uses the same snap dragon chip as the original touchpad. Just some food for thought.
    I'm not overclocking, even though I know the processor is underclocked. I will be installing the Android dual boot once that project is stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Where do you turn logging off i get 5-6sec freezes every now and then..its annoying.
    Check this thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

You don't need to overclock but it's full of other helpful hints.
    I love the speed at 1.7 and the battery doesn't seem to drain to much with regular use.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    sweaner, vella_ and fyrebyrd10 like this.
    My dad was all like, I don't need to overclock this thing...it runs plenty fast for me. Then he got to use mine that I had overclocked...he then grunted, yeah, this is much faster than mine. Now he wants me to overclock his for him.
    vella_ likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast