Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes
    stock speed is fine for simple apps or multimedia, but not much of anything else.
    vella_ likes this.
    Performed all the necessary patches listed in the link below (except overclock) and was very impressed with the results... so far the TP is running fast enough for my needs... (music, comics, etc).. but I know over clocking is in my near future....

I saw several videos going from to 1.5 and it just want not enough speed to make the change.... I will look into the 1.7 or 1.9 range if I do.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html
    vella_ likes this.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Umm...Where do I find a guide or help for getting 1.7 or higher on my touchpad? I have 1.5 but I wanted to try 1.7.

(never mind. I found a link)
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    For those worried about battery life, as everyone else has said, I don't notice any difference--not a bit. I am only over clocked to 1.5GHz, and as I recall, it only goes to 1.5 when needed. That is why it is called "OnDemand" on Govnah. So for most of my functions, I don't think 1.5 is even required, so no effect (or minimal) on battery.

At the same time, if you are happy not over clocked, than that is absolutely where you should be. I just wanted to clear up the misconception that your battery is majorly effected.
    vella_ likes this.
    Interesting and like most people, we don't overclock all the time. My default setting for F4 Phantom is 1.3ghz and then I only go higher if and when I need it...watching HD video, etc...

Battery life...is my biggest problem since obviously we waste more power when cranking the processors, but it isn't bad enough to worry about and I've never had my TP get hot even at 1.7ghz. Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 09/03/2011 at 08:36 PM.
    vella_ likes this.
    when I swap out kernels I uninstall everything, including govnah. When I reinstall it, Presto, Stock is there as palm 1.2. Then I go into prepare and find the kernel I want and install it and do a full restart (device info-restart) if you want f15 or warthog you must put in the testing feeds in prepare to see them. Here is the link for the testing feeds Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals , armv7 is the touchpad, you need that one and the testing all link. Follow the directions, took me 1 min. Its not hard. My tablet didn't explode or grow arms and kill me. Its pretty safe imho. Pm me if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by manjazz123 View Post
    so if I want to try other kernels, I HAVE to uninstall the old one first, Is that correct?
    Yes! Only one kernel at a time, I misread your post. There is a thread on here on overclocking, really helpful, I'll go track it down for you =}

here you go-- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1230912
    Last edited by vella_; 09/03/2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I'm still running a stock firesale TouchPad. Happy with how it runs with the exception of stalls during flash video. Feels pretty sporty compared to my overclocked Pre+ .
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123