Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Well, I have to confess that I never OCed my PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $it$'$s$ $been$ $with$ $me$ $for$ $over$ $2$ $years$ ($actually$ $I$ $guess$ $I$'$m$ $crazier$ $then$ $you$ $just$ $for$ $that$, $but$ $I$ $never$ $felt$ $the$ $reason$ $to$ $do$ $it$), $I$ $might$ $do$ $it$ $this$ $long$ $weekend$ $and$ $see$ $what$ $I$ $have$ $been$ $missing$ $on$. $Also$, $my$ $TPad$ $is$ $still$ $with$ $out$ $any$ $patches$, $kernels$ $etc$, $I$ $will$ $first$ $experiment$ $on$ $my$ $Pr$&#$275$; $and$ $then$ $I$ $will$ $think$ $about$ $installing$ $Preware$ $and$ $all$ $that$ $to$ $my$ $TPad$.

On that note, any help/advise on overclocking my PrPrPr&#$275$; $will$ $be$ $much$ $appreciated$ thanks
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    vella_ likes this.
    1.7 here, no battery issues, no overheating, just super fast tablet. 1.2,meh,1.5,eh,1.7,yehhhh,1.8 ludacris speed,1.9 ``they've gone plaid``-space balls
    Demiroquai likes this.
    once you overclock you'll never go back
    vella_ likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by manjazz123 View Post
    once you overclock you'll never go back
    its a gateway drug, 1.5 only leads to 4 days benders at 1.8 playing robotek till 3 in the morning.
    Last edited by vella_; 09/03/2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

cyberdalek likes this.
    I held out on overclocking for a couple of weeks then couldn't withstand the pull. I did download the preware and the recommended patches the first day I had it. I ran it against my wife's that is completely stock and noticed a little improvement. I then broke yesterday and did the 5 min process and am so glad I did. The speed difference is really noticeable.

Coming from a stock Droid X and never wanting to root and OC it, I had no experience but I read the forums here and found out all of the benefits and the minimal risks and decided that I might as well try. If I did not like it I could always reverse it easily. I will never go back. The temp seems stable and the benefits are plenty.

Go for it.

Everyone's doing it. :-)
    vella_ likes this.
    Thanks to 'webOS Internals' the task of overclocking in webOS and switching back if you so wish, is so simple, that it is beyond me to understand why someone would not atleast try it. Try it and if for some reason you are not happy with it, switch right back to stock. It is so darn easy. By the way, uberkernel will provide performance improvement even withotu running at higher than stock frequencies. I strongly suggest that everyone install uberkernel and then try running it 1/5 GHz and if they find that battery life is suffering, simply swithc to using the stock frequency without even switching back to the stock kernel. Ofcourse if you for some reason wish to switch back to the original kernel, that too is very simple. Ofcourse, as someone said, "once yuou overclock, there is no going back".
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/03/2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    vella_ likes this.
    Custom kernels are usually fitted with some nice features, like option to mount network shares, better handling of IO schedulers and governors. If I manage to grab one TP at next firesale, I would load some of custom kernels to fine tune it, not necessary overclock it.
    vella_ likes this.
    iv been playing musical kernels, iv tried all but phantom. F15 and warthog FTW. Also switching to noop helped smoothness and responsiveness too. When I wanna show off I switch to performance from ondemand. I love controlling the speed.---------1.2...bueler...bueler..
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    It works well for me at stock settings. I overclocked my Pre- long ago, so I'm not averse to the concept, but I want some time with it running as designed. And so far, that suits me.
    ditto here
    i run f104a, f14, and f15c on my pre+, pre2, and touchpad respectively
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

vella_ likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdalek View Post
    I held out on overclocking for a couple of weeks then couldn't withstand the pull. I did download the preware and the recommended patches the first day I had it. I ran it against my wife's that is completely stock and noticed a little improvement. I then broke yesterday and did the 5 min process and am so glad I did. The speed difference is really noticeable.

Coming from a stock Droid X and never wanting to root and OC it, I had no experience but I read the forums here and found out all of the benefits and the minimal risks and decided that I might as well try. If I did not like it I could always reverse it easily. I will never go back. The temp seems stable and the benefits are plenty.

Go for it.

Everyone's doing it. :-)
    welcome to the dArk side

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    i run f104a, f14, and f15c on my pre+, pre2, and touchpad respectively
    what are your settings in f15? If you don't mind me asking =}

Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    its a gateway drug, 1.5 only leads to 4 days benders at 1.8 playing robotek till 3 in the morning.
    I've been staying at 1.5 but the itch to go higher is starting to get to me!
    vella_ likes this.
    I went up to 1.7 w/ warthog and tried to go back to uber=fail. I can't go back

I was overclocking but occasional 10 second freezes were annoying me so I went back to the Palm kernel and it works fine. I honestly can't notice a difference between 1.2 and 1.5 although I know its there.
    TornSack likes this.
    you try 1.7? You will have to enable testing feeds to see the other kernels, but 1.7 is very stable, no overheating, good battery life, like a completely different tablet. 1.5 is middle the road. 1.7 is real overclocking since 1.2 is underclocking the standard 1.5 it was to begin with.

so if I want to try other kernels, I HAVE to uninstall the old one first, Is that correct?
    you try 1.7? You will have to enable testing feeds to see the other kernels, but 1.7 is very stable, no overheating, good battery life, like a completely different tablet. 1.5 is middle the road. 1.7 is real overclocking since 1.2 is underclocking the standard 1.5 it was to begin with.

I will check it out. I like overclocking. My Pre- is overclocked and my TP was till recently.
    Nope. My tablet is fast enough to stream 720p video and I prefer to have battery life so I don't overclock my tablet.
    what are your settings in f15? If you don't mind me asking =}
    just some stock lovin, juiced to 1.85ghz.. haven't had time to mess w/ voltages or profiles yet.. too busy trying to put out more apps
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast