1.    #1  
    Last July I bought a 32Gb TouchPad at BestBuy in Phoenix,AZ for $500+. Reading about HP's Refund Program, I wonder if I also can apply for a rebate. I live in the Netherlands, but possible can ask my family over there for assistance if needed...
    they will price match (refund the difference) if you contact them.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I am not located in the US. But I bought my 32GB tPad from Best Buy in the US on July 1st for $642. I was able to get a $474 refund to my credit card, by simply having a friend go to a Best Buy store, armed with just a few numbers from the original receipt. Mind you, my friend did not have the actual receipt and all he had was the few numbers I gave him off the receipt. Best Buy was able to locate the original purchase in the system from the numbers and they issued me a credit on the card used for the original purchase. So the good news is, that it is definately possible to get the refund without even being in the US. But now for the bad news. Unfortunately Best Buy's 'price match' refund policy for the tPad stated that it is valid only for 60 days from purchase. Therefore, you must make sure that you get your refund processed within 60 days from your tPad purhase.

PS: The phone number entered in the system while making the original purchase, is usually enough for Best Buy to locate the original purchase transaction. For some reason this did not work for me, but the numbers from the receipt worked fine.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/05/2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I also bought mine from Best Buy in Phoenix, AZ. They did refund me the difference between the price I paid and the firesale price. However, the fire sale was probably 2 or 3 weeks after I bought mine. It is possible that Best Buy has a 30 day policy price match policy (or some other time period). You might want to check their website for their actual price match policy.

Also, when I first asked for the refund the employee told me he didn't think they would give it to me because the firesale was a "limited stock" sale. However, when he looked in the computer he was surprised to see that I was eligible for the refund. I also got a partial refund on the HP cover that I bought.
  6.    #6  
    Hi,

I called BestBuy in Chandler (Phoenix) and they confirmed that I can come to the store with my original sales receipts. The guy said they would transfer the money difference back into my credit card account...
    After that I called my brother in law, who lives in that area and he offered to take care of my business. So I'm gonna send him the receipts, with a copy of my photo ID. Hope it will work out.... I bought my TP on July 16, so hopefully US mail won't spoil the party and gets the stuff in before September 16 (60 days refund limit)..
    Why not scan and then e-mail would be faster.
  8.    #8  
    @wildcard30: That's what I asked the BestBuy guy too, but he said he could only accept original receipts..Not sure what to do now, but the originals are in te mail anyway..
    I am wondering if there is any point posting here, since it seems people do not even bother to read the posts. Inspite of my post above Post #4 very clearly stating how I got my refund, people continue to post the same questions. Anyhow, here goes once more:

The officialy stated Best Buy's 'price match' refund policy for the TouchPad states that the 'price match' is valid only for 60 days from purchase. This is not to suggest that it's not possible that even this time limit might be overlooked.

You do not need the original receipt, or for that matter even a copy of the receipt, for the refund to be credited back to the original credit card used for the purchase.

All you really need, are the following numbers from the receipt. (Actually only one of the numbers is needed, it's just that I don't know which number workedfor me)
    1. Val # xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (From the top of the receipt just below the bar code)
    2. Customer Service PIN xxxx xxx xxxx xxxxxx

What about those who had already sent in the original receipt for the HP 'early adopter' rebate? If for no other reason but this, Besat Buy cannot insist on the original receipt. The only time they can inssist o nthe receipt is if you want the refund in cash. But as long as you are ok with the refund being credited to the original card used for the purchase, there should be no need for the receipt.

PS: Your phone number entered in the system while making the original purchase, is usually enough for Best Buy to locate the original purchase transaction. For some reason this did not work for me, but the numbers from the receipt worked fine. Just to make things easier, a copy of the receipt should make things smoother.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/05/2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad