Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree18Likes
    I can say that I am an Android guy. I saw the TP come out for 99$ and who couldn't resit this deal..

I will say I really do like webOS. My biggest problems are lack of apps and I can't hide cards.( I like to see my wallpapers and i like widgets). But other than that, this device is solid. Good screen, good sound, great batt life, and you can tweak it. Over clock to 1.836ghz, dual cores, 16gigs, for $100 can't be beat. I love my TP and its been pretty much flawless since the day I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by azentropy View Post
    in iOS 5 they are implementing 5 finger swipe to move between apps which is even faster.

FIVE finger swipe? So I gotta put my whole hand on the thing if I want to switch apps?
    Or maybe I could turn a backscratcher into an Apple app changer :P
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    I can say that I am an Android guy. I saw the TP come out for 99$ and who couldn't resit this deal..

I will say I really do like webOS. My biggest problems are lack of apps and I can't hide cards.( I like to see my wallpapers and i like widgets). But other than that, this device is solid. Good screen, good sound, great batt life, and you can tweak it. Over clock to 1.836ghz, dual cores, 16gigs, for $100 can't be beat. I love my TP and its been pretty much flawless since the day I got it.
    My only problem with the tp is the battery life. I have it clocked to 1.5 and have all the relevant patches. I havent updated beyond 3.02 because if it works dont change it and i see all the problems people are having with the new update. Webos is okay but battery life on the tp sucks. Also i guess i'm really hooked on the ipad. I had the ipad1 and got the ioad2 as soon as it came out mainly for tbe dual cameras and slimness it added. And i can see me going for the ipad3. At 150 for the tp to play with as a spare was kind of a no brainer. But the criticism of what a newbie might have to do o grt this thing operating properly is very valid. People today want plug and play out of the box. Hp rushed out an over priced unfinished product and os and ut only became attrative to the unwashed masses when the fire sale happened. So yeh thang god it only cost $149. Its doubtful hp will make any more tps as initially indicated so its truly dead for the future but still ies the job fir the basics like web surfing etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    My only problem with the tp is the battery life. I have it clocked to 1.5 and have all the relevant patches. I havent updated beyond 3.02 because if it works dont change it and i see all the problems people are having with the new update. Webos is okay but battery life on the tp sucks. Also i guess i'm really hooked on the ipad. I had the ipad1 and got the ioad2 as soon as it came out mainly for tbe dual cameras and slimness it added. And i can see me going for the ipad3. At 150 for the tp to play with as a spare was kind of a no brainer. But the criticism of what a newbie might have to do o grt this thing operating properly is very valid. People today want plug and play out of the box. Hp rushed out an over priced unfinished product and os and ut only became attrative to the unwashed masses when the fire sale happened. So yeh thang god it only cost $149. Its doubtful hp will make any more tps as initially indicated so its truly dead for the future but still ies the job fir the basics like web surfing etc.
    I get fantastic batt life on my TP I stay OC'd at 1.7ghz almost all the time, 1.836ghz when I need that extra speed. I charge it over night, get to work, stream music for 8hours non-stop to my bluetooth head phones, I play games on lunch or surf the net, always have wifi on and by the time i get home i still always have over 40% battery left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frighten View Post
    I enjoy my 134$ touchpad more than my 629$ iPad. Once you turn off logging, get a new kernel and over clock it is smooth as silk, with a infinitely better UI and multitasking system. To each their own I guess.
    Same here...I only use my iPad now when there is a specific game I want to play.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    OK, so I apologize for posting and running, but things have been extremely busy lately for me.

First off, I'm not a troll. The point of this post was two-fold: 1) To try to get some suggestions for fixing my problems, and 2) to try and show those on this forum that are incredibly enamored with webOS why this just wasn't working. I installed 3.0.2 the second I got my tablet out of its box, and installed every patch that everyone in this thread has suggested. EVEN STILL: how is it acceptable to say, "Well, once you install a ton of aftermarket patches that 99% of average consumers don't know about, it's pretty good. A $500 product can't be pretty good. It has to be really good.

Now, that being said, I do have to admit that I didn't try the most obvious thing: a restart. It seems that made a huge difference. Still, problems linger.

1) Someone said, "Is your life so busy that you can't wait 5 seconds." It's not 5 seconds. It's wait 5 seconds, then see if it's going to do anything, then after 15 seconds, hit the button again, then wait longer to see if it takes this time. Then, when it doesn't take again, try hitting the button over and over in frustration, and then when it finally takes, it opens two or three of the same thing. This isn't a small usability issue, it's a major one. LUCKILY, it can be partly averted by my now-frequent restarts. However, it's made worse by:

2) The new second-worst bug that I deal with is when I hit a key or a link and the screen even adjusts to suggest I've clicked something (key animation to press down fires), but nothing actually happens. For example, I'm typing a sentence, and it presses down every key, but one or two don't register. I already type extremely slow on the keyboard to avoid this, but when I get the 5 or 10 second delay (where you're typing, the TP registers it, but doesn't display the letters for 5 or 10 seconds and then pukes them all out at once) I could potentially type a few words before I see that it has skipped a few, and then I have to go back and fix them. Bottom line: if the "key press" animation fires when I press a key, IT SHOULD REGISTER. It's the only feedback I get, so it needs to be accurate. If it isn't going to register, don't press the key. This is just terrible development.

3) And now for the worst, and most inexcusable issue on this tablet: THIS PIECE OF **** DOESN'T LOAD HALF OF THE FREAKING INTERNET! Go to newegg and try to load up the hard drive page. Can't do it. Fails every time. If you miraculously manage to get to that page, don't run here to post and prove me wrong, try navigating around newegg. It doesn't work. The TP can't render a large portion of the internet. webOS, indeed. Even at $150 it's almost annoying enough to throw it out the window of my moving car sometimes. My wife says it best: she'll go through the trouble to browse around the internet, and then hit a few pages that won't load: not load poorly, just DO NOT LOAD AT ALL (accompanied by an error). The problem is, then she has to open up her laptop for those few pages. Well if that's going to happen every time, eventually it's not worth keeping both devices charged.

I'm not saying I want to sell my TP: for $150, it is just worth me keeping it, if for no other reason than to rip my DVDs onto it and watch it on flights. I'm not saying webOS is worthless: it's not. It's incredibly fun and intuitive. But these errors are exactly why webOS failed, and why any hardware manufacturer would be insane to buy it. I am sad that nobody could get this to work properly, but it is past its time.

And please stop accusing me of trolling. First off, I don't care. Second, it's not true. I hope that someone has fixes for these issues, but if not, I will continue using it for the three things I have found useful about it: take notes, listen to music and videos, and check my corporate email.
    What?! Newegg works 100% fine... Just like on my desktop. I'll also say that I surfed the web for 100's of hours on the TP and have NEVER had a problem with a webpage loading.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I use a Touchpad 16gb that I installed the (v3.0.2) F15C kernel on, running @ 1.7ghz, and a pretty standard set of patches.

It almost never crashes or freezes. I experience occasional pauses when intensive apps (ie games) are active, but otherwise it's buttery smooth.

I almost don't want to upgrade to 3.0.4, cause as they say if it aint broke dont fix it, but I guess I will have to eventually.
    my 1.5 GHz TouchPad has been rock solid from day 1 & I'm loving reading, browsing, & playing with it while on my sofa or in bed :-)
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    All I can say is "Thank god I didn't get an Ipad2"!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567