Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    is there a way to unzip or unrar, respectively, on the touchpad?

That would be really awesome for albums I download. I know I can do this on my jailbroken iphone.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    there are 2 apps in preware. One calld zip one un zip says they can zip and unzip but not .rar files just .zip
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Ubuntu Chroot and then you'll have lots of options
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy0090 View Post
    there are 2 apps in preware. One calld zip one un zip says they can zip and unzip but not .rar files just .zip
    Are they compatible with the touchpad? So I will actually be able to download a .zip file and unzip it and access the files all through my touchpad?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Ubuntu Chroot and then you'll have lots of options
    English please?

Is that where you basically install Ubuntu on your touchpad? If so, that's a little beyond my needs.
    I've mentioned it a few times before, but I'll mention it again now, I'm working on an app called ArchiveXtractor which'll support unrar and unzip. Still at least a month away though, given the other projects I'm working on and university classes starting back up.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I've mentioned it a few times before, but I'll mention it again now, I'm working on an app called ArchiveXtractor which'll support unrar and unzip. Still at least a month away though, given the other projects I'm working on and university classes starting back up.
    Thanks looking foward to it!
  8.    #8  
    Dude that's awesome. Thank you. Take your time. I am still curious as whether I can CURRENTLY unzip files. I'll wait till your app comes out for .rar but can i do .zip currently?
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    Dude that's awesome. Thank you. Take your time. I am still curious as whether I can CURRENTLY unzip files. I'll wait till your app comes out for .rar but can i do .zip currently?
    my understanding is that the zip/unzip in preware is a service for the save/restore program and at this point they can not be used to just zip or unzip a file. This is my understanding of the situation.

so the answer is no, you currently cannot .zip on webos. But soon you will be able to. Perhaps there is a work around but I am unaware of it.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    if you search there is a way to zip and unzip with terminal that I used to work on my pre-. Not sure if it would work on the tp but it might. It's not super simple but not that hard either.
    Great idea for a useful app. With the media playback capabilities of the touchpad it is frustrating that you can download movies and tv shows and there are ways to play them back but if they are zipped up or, more commonly in rar format you can't get them uncompressed and available for playback. Sounds like your app with be the missing link!!
    please Jason, make it cross apps compatible! Meaning if a compressed file is embeded in an email, tapping on it will launch your app and allow to extract wherever we want !!

Thanks
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    please Jason, make it cross apps compatible! Meaning if a compressed file is embeded in an email, tapping on it will launch your app and allow to extract wherever we want !!

Thanks
    I can make it compatible, but Palm doesn't allow mimetype associations by non-partner 3rd party apps, so you wouldn't be able to just tap an email attachment and have it open in ArchiveXtractor. I will include special compatability with my upcoming Internalz HD though, to make things easier if you open a zip/rar from within Internalz HD
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    brianhird likes this.
    I can make it compatible, but Palm doesn't allow mimetype associations by non-partner 3rd party apps, so you wouldn't be able to just tap an email attachment and have it open in ArchiveXtractor. I will include special compatability with my upcoming Internalz HD though, to make things easier if you open a zip/rar from within Internalz HD
    Nice! Like the option thx
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Download and install the zip/unzip packages found in Preware. Reboot and then open xTerm with Xecutah.

Use these commands to do what you want:
    zip - Linux Command - Unix Command
    unzip - Linux Command - Unix Command

I unzip packages for the N64 emu all the time.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    If command line is enough, there is already unzip in the Touchpad.

Code:
    # unzip
    BusyBox v1.17.3 () multi-call binary.

Usage: unzip [-opts[modifiers]] FILE[.zip] [LIST] [-x XLIST] [-d DIR]

Extract files from ZIP archives

Options:
            -l      List archive contents (with -q for short form)
            -n      Never overwrite files (default)
            -o      Overwrite
            -p      Send output to stdout
            -q      Quiet
            -x XLST Exclude these files
            -d DIR  Extract files into DIR
    It is part of webOS (part of BusyBox) although the one available under Preware might have some enhancements.
    If I wanted to use command lines to accomplish tasks, I would still be using DOS. Just saying....
    rbyrne likes this.
    Looking forward to Internalz HD
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    That's great news to read, Jason - thanks. Just stuck $C 20 in the pot, not much but it's what I can afford right now.
    I installed unrar from optware so I'd have something but would certainly prefer Jason's program once available.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast