Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hi all,

This would be my first post regarding my HP touchpad as I just received it today (finally!).

The first thing I did is put the touchpad into my case (official HP touchpad case) and charged it. It turned ON automatically and it gave me the setup options, which I find weird because the instructions said to fully charge it before turning on. Anyway, I finished every setup question and the device restarted automatically.

So It went to the normal screen (wifi connected) and I placed it on top of a pillow. I left it charging for 30 minutes. When I lifted it up, I noticed a fair amount of heat from the whole back of the case. I touched the pillow when it way lying and it was also warm. Its not really hot but I could imagine it to be warmer without the case. I don't want to unplug it (so I can remove the case) to test if it is hotter without the case since I don't want to disrupt the initial long term charge.

Is this a normal?

I'm just a little bit worried since my wife's ipad 2 doesn't have this kind of issue.

Thank you so much.
    the transfer of electricity gives off heat. If it isn't too hot to touch, you will be ok.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Alright, I can verify tomorrow if its not too hot to touch. I will have better assessment without the case.

Oh BTW, what is the suggested initial charge time? 24 hours?

Thanks for your reply.