1.    #1  
    I am having issues connecting my hp touch pad to my home network. it recognizes and succesfully connects to my dsl modem but i keep getting the message " IP configuration failed". now i have had this issue before with other devices except for one and that is a playstation i think it is because the playstation asks for my pppoe name and password as well as my wep key and it works just fine. Is there any way around it or to turn it off on the modem. Im asking this community becasue you all seem far more competent than my internet provider.
    There are other threads about this in the forum. It seems to be a bug in webOS regarding DHCP. I had it happen the other night. Resetting the tablet and router did not work. The solution I found was to assign an IP to the tablet. No disconnects since I did that.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I've been searching for an answer for hours. I've assigned and address and it still will not connect to my home wireless router. It connected fine at 3 other locations today.
    From the other threads, you may have to change to one or more of the following:
    1. Force router to G only
    2. Force router to WPA (not WPA2 or mixed WPA/WPA2) or WEP
    3. ensure password for SSID has no letters above F

I discovered 3. on my netgear rangemax v2.

I can't do any of them and can only connect at G speeds due to I can't stop 3 or 4 other devices just to connect the TP due to it's crap wifi drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiously View Post
    From the other threads, you may have to change to one or more of the following:
    1. Force router to G only
    2. Force router to WPA (not WPA2 or mixed WPA/WPA2) or WEP
    3. ensure password for SSID has no letters above F

I discovered 3. on my netgear rangemax v2.

I can't do any of them and can only connect at G speeds due to I can't stop 3 or 4 other devices just to connect the TP due to it's crap wifi drivers.
    If it helps any I am having no wifi issues here. I use 802.11n, do use WPA not WPA2 on by router and clients, and my password has letters above F.