Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Well I set up my box.net account today on my Touchpad and then went to upload a movie to my account. Looks like there is a 100 mb limit for uploads now, which makes box.net essentially useless for me. I can upgrade to 2 gb uploads for $9.99/month.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    really, last time I tried it was 1 gig.... But that was a month ago.... 100 is garbage....
    DRM.
    I uploaded a 550MB episode of Dexter on the 20th. I'm uploading a 225MD training video right now, so far so good. I'll update w/ more info when it's done, or stops at 100MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    DRM.
    Possible
    Just checked my account - still 50GB/1GB file size limit (I've had my touchpad since mid june, though).
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    did you create the account from the touchpad client?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I don't understand. If they offer 50Gb, why are you limited to 100Mb? Do you mean 100Mb in one file?

Alan
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Be careful how you interpret the info on your account page. I confirmed with them that it is a 100mg limit and a 50gb space. Its free so I don't see how we can gripe about it.
    The limit on my account is 50G total, and 1Gb for individual files. I uploaded some movies that were around 900MB, so I know it's definitely 1Gb.
    UPDATE:

Sorry it took so long, had to eat dinner.

225MB video uploaded no problem. Maybe it's something new for new users, (in the last 2 weeks)?

If so that's gonna blow, as I haven't set up my wife & daughter's accounts yet.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    yea i registered an account from my TP sometime last week and i am limited to only 100MB per file. which is totally pointless, considering we have 50GB of space. gonna have tons of little 100MB files....
    I set mine up through the App and am at 50GB total, no bandwidth restrictions, and 1GB/file max.

I did take advantage of an offer they sent me to invite other "co-workers" to get 50GB. I set it up for my wife and noticed that her account, while having 50GB, is limited to 10GB of bandwidth/month and 100MB/file.

I signed up on Thursday of last week. If you signed up before, maybe you can email someone? Maybe something was messed up? I would hope so, otherwise that's totally lame.

...and I have passed the 100MB limit with files.
    Where can you find your bandwidth / file limitation on box.net ?
    Upload speeds to Box.net are not very fast for me anyways, don't think I was ever going to find myself uploading a 1gb file.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    hmm i actually set mine up on Monday 8/29. and i have the 100MB limit. i just checked my account info and my account type is "Lite (5GB)", even though i have 50GB of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Where can you find your bandwidth / file limitation on box.net ?
    My Account>Account Info tab, scroll to the bottom. (http://goo.gl/10YZM)
    Last edited by brandonmarkb; 09/02/2011 at 01:23 PM.
    N1Andy likes this.
    yeah, I checked my post firesale account and I have a 1 gig file limit. must have slid in just under the wire.
    I am getting the same limit of 100mb so goodbye Box.net. Seems odd that other users are getting 1GB. FYI I signed up for this service on the 28th of August.
    mtwow789 likes this.
    I can't even upload my 7-20mb songs on box.net. The thing freezes every single time.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast