Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    My upload limit is 1GB. I signed up about 4 days ago.

Click on my account, account settings, content and collaboration . It will tell you your max upload file size.

Bulk uploader is horrible. infact my only reason for using box was because it was free. I will be looking into something more reliable I think that doesn't time out constantly. Any ideas?
    What good does a 1gb file size do if it doesn't stream?
    its unusable for me .. Its gives me 35kb/sec uploads... And no way to bulk download in the box client.. Damn shame for a useful app..
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    its not 50gb but 10gb is respectable and it grows up to 50gb if you share it. Minus . Com

You're invited to join Minus!

uploading from touchpad is no go tho
    Maybe the servers are being slammed by thousands of people trying out their new toys. Once those Touchpads end up in a drawer or the bottom of the closet (in a few weeks) the upload speeds might improve.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    Maybe the servers are being slammed by thousands of people trying out their new toys. Once those Touchpads end up in a drawer or the bottom of the closet (in a few weeks) the upload speeds might improve.
    Thanks for the DB post, but the upload speeds have been slow since July. /end your BS post
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Thanks for the DB post, but the upload speeds have been slow since July. /end your BS post
    Sorry? I wasn't referencing anyone who would take the time to register here. Obviously anyone who does that sees it as more than a toy.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Something that new users should note, I signed my wife up a few days after I'd signed up and... 10gb monthly bandwidth limit. None on my account (with the 1gb file transfer limit, to her 100mb)

So... yeah. There is that.
    gryffon likes this.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sargasm View Post
    Something that new users should note, I signed my wife up a few days after I'd signed up and... 10gb monthly bandwidth limit. None on my account (with the 1gb file transfer limit, to her 100mb)

So... yeah. There is that.
    Wait... So you're saying that Box.net is instituting a 10GB monthly bandwidth cap on new members now? Wow.

I know it's a free service and all, but come on. Why give out 50GB of storage if you are going to impose crazy restrictions? Oh yeah, so people pay money to get fully functional service. This method of business has a tendency to backfire on companies...

So assuming you have 50GB of data to upload, you would have to do it in 100MB chunks, and it would take you 5 months to complete the upload, assuming you didn't download anything in that time to use up any of your alloted bandwidth quota.
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    Maybe John Rubinstein screwed more people.
    This is a long thread I'll finish reading it after posting. Here are the details on my account:

Account type: Lite (5GB)
    Storage (used/total): 0 bytes / 50.0GB 0% used
    Bandwidth used: 0 bytes of 10.0GB
    Max file size: 100 MB Upload files up to 2GB

I made my account quite a long time ago and just logged into it on the touchpad and it upgraded it to the 50GB. The max file size is confusing since it says two things.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    This is crappy because I know the first thing I tried when I got it was upload a 400 MB movie onto it and now mine is set to 100MB...Just for that I am going to upload all my photos. 50 GB here I come.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    This is what I have and did not realized the 100MB cap:

Account type: Lite (5GB)
    Storage (used/total): 18.9MB / 50.0GB 0% used
    Bandwidth used: 0 bytes of 10.0GB
    Max file size: 100 MB Upload files up to 2GB, view upgrade options
    Guests enabled: no
    100 MB file limit makes it useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paralel View Post
    For your purposes perhaps. It's ideal for mine (sharing images, documents, and so on).
    I just finished reading the thread and had some thoughts to share. I know it is nice to have free stuff but free only goes so far. It still costs them money for the upload/download traffic, hardware that the stuff is stored on, and any overhead associated with maintaining and housing the stuff. So it is understnadable to put restrictions on free accounts to minimize as much as possible the costs to give free accounts while also not impacting their paid customers too much so that they lose paid customers.

I'm sure someone creative can come up with ways to work around the restrictions. For example i thought if you want to watch a big file video why not just split the file up into 100MB size pieces and then queue up the pieces in the player. The only real unavoidable restriction would be the bandwidth cap. But then the service is not meant to be used to transfer on a daily basis audio and video files from one device to another. If one wants or needs to do that there are much better and more efficient ways of doing that. USB drive mode or wireless alternative and services that remotely connect one device to the other (ex PC) to stream audio and video to name the best two things I can think of.

I personally got went ahead with getting my free 50GB account so that I could store as needed misc stuff for remote long term access. However at this time I'm not sure how much I'll do that or how much space I will use. Most people who get the 50GB probably won't use a lot of it. In fact I have a 2GB zumo drive account and I'm only using 0.2GB of that for stuff that I was accessing on my sprint pre before the screen got all cracked due to cracks forming at the USB port. And all of that stuff is patch and development related stuff so that I could access it anywhere.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    its not 50gb but 10gb is respectable and it grows up to 50gb if you share it. Minus . Com

You're invited to join Minus!

uploading from touchpad is no go tho
    I just uploaded a picture from my TP so it's definitely a go :-)

Like beardedspoooon it's perfect for my use too.

MA
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiArch View Post
    I just uploaded a picture from my TP so it's definitely a go :-)

Like beardedspoooon it's perfect for my use too.

MA
    agreed, just did it
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I signed up on Aug. 28th and am limited to 100mb too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paralel View Post
    It doesn't for me. For my purposes the limit is fine with me
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast