Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I still have 1GB limit. I signed up much earlier than the fire sale. Maybe there is a relation?
    I would guess that someone noticed the error of the initial 1 gig file upload we were getting... then a whole bunch of people started uploading movies and what not and it caught someones eye.

As you can see from my numbers, in a month and a half of TP use I haven't even taken the time to upload a gig total.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I would guess that someone noticed the error of the initial 1 gig file upload we were getting... then a whole bunch of people started uploading movies and what not and it caught someones eye.

As you can see from my numbers, in a month and a half of TP use I haven't even taken the time to upload a gig total.
    I don't think you can even upload stuff to this service, it is horribly slow and locks up a ridiculous amount
    Annnnd you have to "upgrade" to download multiple files, this really is a useless service after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frighten View Post
    I don't think you can even upload stuff to this service, it is horribly slow and locks up a ridiculous amount
    As you can see from my stats above, nearly 500 megs. That was my first attempt at uploading the night I got my TP. I ended up going to sleep, so I don't know if it was box.net or my computer that stopped the upload my computer was sleeping when I woke up so I am betting on the computer.

The 500 megs was in one shot on a medium speed DSL modem hardwired networked to my win7 tower with a 50 foot cheapo cable. All MP3 files.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    I have a very fast connection and the upload speed is pitiful - I wouldn't use it for any serious purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    As you can see from my stats above, nearly 500 megs. That was my first attempt at uploading the night I got my TP. I ended up going to sleep, so I don't know if it was box.net or my computer that stopped the upload my computer was sleeping when I woke up so I am betting on the computer.

The 500 megs was in one shot on a medium speed DSL modem hardwired networked to my win7 tower with a 50 foot cheapo cable. All MP3 files.
    Ethernet specifications allow cable lengths of up to 328 (100m) feet before needing some type of repeating, your 50 foot cable is normal :P but it finally started uploading for me fine, took a few tries though not sure why it wasn't working properly. But the limitation on single file downloads and not being able to drag and drop upload a folder, having to do files individually and recreate a folder system in their hosting is really annoying and useless.
    Looks like there's a Dropbox app for webOS. That might be a nice alternative. Sure, you only get 2GB of storage but for documents and a few photos and tunes, that should be plenty. Will download that when I get re-united with my TouchPad. Ugh, I left it at home to charge. Already suffering from withdrawal symptoms. Really need to get a charger for the office.
  8. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,595 Global Posts
    Signed up 8/23/11 & have 50GB storage / 1GB upload
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Storage (used/total): 5.0MB / 50.0GB 0% used
    Bandwidth used: 0 bytes
    Max file size: 1 GB
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I signed up today and its 100mb limit.

Can't complain with free bread right?

BTW, are you guys having problems with their site right now? I actually uploaded some SNES roms .. however, right now, my box.net app doesnt see anything upload. Its blank. Weird.
    I decided to connect with the PC Magazine author who wrote this article about how Box.net was very proud to be continuing the offer despite HP's change in direction: HP TouchPad Buyers Still Get 50GB of Box.net Cloud Storage | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

She wrote me back and said she'd try to contact the CEO about it. I figure coming at it from a different direction couldn't hurt.
    heh, I just got an email from them trying to upsell me to the business plan.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you create the account from the touchpad client?
    Yes. I'm going to try to upload a file over 100 mb and see if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Can't complain with free bread right?
    I wouldn't advocate torches and pitchforks but, let's be honest: they aren't giving this out of the goodness of their heart. It's a promotion to sell their business. If their promotion fails to live up to their own hype or leaves you disappointed, it's fair to mention it.

If "free pie" day at the bakery gave me a tin full of mud and sticks, I'd tell everyone how lousy the free pie was.
    MercuryCrest likes this.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I personally prefer dropbox. While there isn't a client for the TP per se, it does offer integration using many of their apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by enki View Post
    I personally prefer dropbox. While there isn't a client for the TP per se, it does offer integration using many of their apps.
    Hmm, does Dropboxify not work on the TouchPad?
    I had signed up for the free Box.net account several months ago. Last week, I signed into it from my Touchpad and it automatically bumped me up to the 50GB free account. I have a 1GB file size limit on mine.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    too bad dropbox doesn't have a free app on the TP. but what i do is i just goto the website and get all my files that way.
    dropbox is only 2GB and i'm sure you they're not gonna give you the whole 2GB of storage space!
    Still have 50 gigs