Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    I got the 1GB upload when I signed up on my TP on Aug 21. On Aug 25 my wife signed up on her TP and she only gets 100MB upload. Guess they changed the upload term...though it's free I don't like what they did. Now we will never upgrade just because of what they did.
    A little disappointed now that I see I am limited to 100mb as well. I would have subscribed eventually but now I might just go with Dropbox. Everyone seems to use that in my industry anyways.
    Bought my touchpad on the 19th, and on the 25th and I registered it during those date, and I still got 50gb on both.

Personal Account UPGRADE
    Storage: 0 bytes of 50.0GB
    Business Solutions
    Jigo likes this.
    Signed up on launch day, have 50gb, 1gb max file size.
    Signed up on the 21st via the app with GMail address. 50GB/1GB according to my account page.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    the only thing that i dont like with the free version. even though we get 50GB thats awesome. i dont mind the limit per file upload but i think its dumb that you have to pay to download a folder or multiple files. that stinks lol
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Mine says 1GB maximum file size too. I signed up last Tuesday or Wednesday I believe. But as others reported, I've had a lot of freezing on uploads from my PC. I tried to upload a bunch of 10MB PDF files at the same time, and every other one would lock up.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    How exactly did you get taken advantage of, it was free genius
    I signed up last week, Thursday I think though the app on my touchpad. I have 50 gig storage but only 100 meg maximum file size.

I tried uploading a 265 meg file, just incase it wasn't showing correctly on the PC interface. Sure enough it says "Oops, you're trying to upload a file larger than your account allows".

Shame.. I suppose I'll just have to use usb transfers for larger files.
    Got 1 GB max filesize limit. Joined on 24.08.2011.
    Signed up August 30 from the app, 50GB storage/100MB file limit. Oh well, don't really see myself exceeding the 100MB file limit. That'll take forever with my connection speed.
    Mine was delivered on 08/23/2011 and I signed up that evening. I have the 50gb/month with 1gb/upload max file size.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Got 1 GB max filesize limit. Joined on 24.08.2011.
    Seriously.. I missed it by a day? lol.. just my luck.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Their response.

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

The Touchpad promotion comes with 50GB of total storage with a per file size upload of 100MB. This is a storage increase of 45GB total storage and 75MB per file from our typical free accounts.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Ryan
    Box Support
    I got the same email response as Sanvara, oh well. Disappointing but it is free and I don't know how much I'll even use it anyway. Probably just dump my photos there as a extra backup.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanvara View Post
    Their response.

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

The Touchpad promotion comes with 50GB of total storage with a per file size upload of 100MB. This is a storage increase of 45GB total storage and 75MB per file from our typical free accounts.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Ryan
    Box Support
    still doesn't explain why some people have the 1GB while others do not. it almost seems like they are randomly giving out 1GB to just enough people so they can get good rep/reviews.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Their reply to me-

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your response and your feedback. If there are people who received 1gb max file size limits with their accounts then it was a technical error. The promotion is and has always been an upgrade to 50gb of storage and 100mg max file size limit. We have not changed the promotion since we put it out.

I hope that answers your question. I am sorry this has been confusing for you and other customers. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thanks,

-Lizzie
    Box Support
    I registered last week on my TouchPad and I'm at 1GB file / 50GB max....
    I still have 1GB limit. I signed up much earlier than the fire sale. Maybe there is a relation?
    I signed up back in July using my 32 gig TP

Account type: Personal +50GB (monthly)
    Storage (used/total): 475.3MB / 50.0GB 1% used
    Bandwidth used: 0 bytes
    Max file size: 1 GB
    Guests enabled: no

Haven't got the wife or my other TP setup yet as we just got them Monday, will set them up this weekend and report back.

I also agree 100 meg upload limit per file doesn't make the service useless, especially since you have to download the content to the TP to use it, from everything I have seen there is no streaming from box.net.

Music, photos, maybe some documents, and backups are what I will be using my account for. As others have said, in my experience the upload speeds are pretty slow (not complaining 50 gigs of cloud for free is awesome). The nearly 500 megs I have is all music so far.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...