Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    box.net is AWESOME 1gb limit 50gig storage again AWESOME.. early adopter here.
    Signed up 2 days ago and have the 100mg limit as well. It shows my account as 5gb lite. What is odd I can upgrade for 9.99 per month to get the 1gb limit but with only 25gb, so does this add another 25gb or just give me the 1gb upload limit.
    This sucks if Box changed this due to the firesale without letting anyone know.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaba View Post
    Signed up 2 days ago and have the 100mg limit as well. It shows my account as 5gb lite. What is odd I can upgrade for 9.99 per month to get the 1gb limit but with only 25gb, so does this add another 25gb or just give me the 1gb upload limit.
    This sucks if Box changed this due to the firesale without letting anyone know.
    Bubbaba you have 50gb limit
    log onto through the web and look at it

I posted it earlier

the email I got back from BOX
    they say all TouchPad are the same

Response Via Email (Rachelle) 09/01/2011 08:38 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The TouchPad promotional accounts have a maximum upload size of 100MB and a storage of 50GB. We are extremely sorry for the confusion and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
    The Box Support Team
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkboca View Post
    just for data

signed up on 8/24

Account type: Personal +50GB (monthly)
    Increase storage:
    Select a storage option Learn more about plans
    Storage (used/total): 3.1MB / 50.0GB 0% used
    Bandwidth used: 0 bytes
    Max file size: 1 GB
    Guests enabled: no
    Cancellation: Cancel Subscription.
    If you cancel, you will no longer be charged and your account will be downgraded to a free Personal 5GB account (note that some files may be permanently deleted).
    mine

Lite user

It seems they are Screwing us now

Account Information

Account type: Lite (5GB)
    Storage (used/total): 0 bytes / 50.0GB 0% used
    Bandwidth used: 0 bytes of 10.0GB
    Max file size: 100 MB Upload files up to 2GB, view upgrade options
    Guests enabled: no
    Cancellation: Delete your account (This action is permanent)

OMG I'm so mad I wrote Box back after they emailed this lie

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The TouchPad promotional accounts have a maximum upload size of 100MB and a storage of 50GB. We are extremely sorry for the confusion and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
    The Box Support Team
    I'm sick and tired of being taken advantage of by different companies
    That's weird. I just signed up tonight and my account says 1Gb upload size limit. I wonder why some have 100mb and others have 1gb?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Set mine up late July/early August and I've got the 1GB file limit.

I was looking to use this to back up my photos and MP3s, so the size isn't really an issue for me. It would have been nice to be able to move my Acronis backups off-site as well, but some of those are running 100GB anyway, so the amount of work involved makes it not really worth it.

But this all does remind me that I need to go make some more accounts on my vanity domain name so I can get those free 50GB accounts...
    I don't know why everyone is complaining about joining too late. I've been a member for 3 years and I still have the 100 meg file size limit.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I wouldn't use box.net if there was a decent dropbox app for the touchpad . But now I have a bunch of files on there. I don't like their lack of transparency , like putting a bunch of features up that you need to upgrade for. It feels shady..or maybe I'm just spoiled by dropbox.. Do they have desktop syncing for the non paid version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonsum View Post
    I don't know why everyone is complaining about joining too late. I've been a member for 3 years and I still have the 100 meg file size limit.
    Apparently anyone who joined up using the free Box.net app on the touchpad got a 1 GB file size limit. That appears to be a feature that usually comes with a paid account, along with the 50 GB storage limit. It's enough to enable a different set of uses beyond what 100 MB allows. What it feels like is that Box.net is trying to slip away from something that was promised to TouchPad purchasers.
    Last edited by TheSpike; 09/02/2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: More detail.
    Did anyone do that business email offer they sent out not too long ago?(Enter business email then send invite to co-workers business email blah blah) Set mine up on the 24th and I'm at 50gb/1gb upload, didn't do that offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpike View Post
    Apparently anyone who joined up using the free Box.net app on the touchpad got a 1 GB file size limit. That appears to be a feature that usually comes with a paid account, along with the 50 GB storage limit. It's enough to enable a different set of uses beyond what 100 MB allows. What it feels like is that Box.net is trying to slip away from something that was promised to TouchPad purchasers.
    Nope, I signed up in the app and got 100mb. Also it seems like they are flat out lying as it always being the standard case as a quick google search and even precentral seems to show it being 1 gb previously. Pretty shady.
    yep same here, signed up monday...got 50gb, 100mb max upload. Worthless..
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    This isn't surprising - box.net would have cut HP a good deal based on a certain profile of user adopting the touchpad. I am guessing enterprise users who would use the site as intended, for document storage and collaboration with colleagues (who could then be upsold accounts as well).

The firesale more than likely is filling up box.net with low value customers who only want the account to save and transfer their pirated films and videos - tying up infrastructure, degrading the quality of service for paying customers and frankly being more trouble than they are worth.

If it is not already happening, I would expect them to start throttling the upload speed of our free accounts in the near future.
    geekaren and timjhenry like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    This isn't surprising - box.net would have cut HP a good deal based on a certain profile of user adopting the touchpad. I am guessing enterprise users who would use the site as intended, for document storage and collaboration with colleagues (who could then be upsold accounts as well).

The firesale more than likely is filling up box.net with low value customers who only want the account to save and transfer their pirated films and videos - tying up infrastructure, degrading the quality of service for paying customers and frankly being more trouble than they are worth.

If it is not already happening, I would expect them to start throttling the upload speed of our free accounts in the near future.
    That sounds like a probable reason for all this
    BTW signed up on 2nd August when I got my TP and mines 50Gb with 1Gb file size
    LOL at the complaints about a free service. Who knows, maybe they could have broken the contract based on HP's discontinuing production of TP hardware and decided not to (with some tweaks to the original terms of agreement). Geez, let's not get too greedy.

I'm sick and tired of being taken advantage of by different companies
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Interesting - I have a 1gb upload limit - are they maybe basing this on email address? anyone using a free email account gets a 100mb upload limit and anyone they think is a good prospect for up-selling gets more?
    For reference:
    I signed up 8/24. Got the Personal +50GB plan with 1gb filesize upload limits. My email was just a generic Gmail address, and I signed up for it straight through the Touchpad application.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Interesting - I have a 1gb upload limit - are they maybe basing this on email address? anyone using a free email account gets a 100mb upload limit and anyone they think is a good prospect for up-selling gets more?
    My email address is at a domain of my own name and I got the 100mb upload limit.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Penopata View Post
    For reference:
    I signed up 8/24. Got the Personal +50GB plan with 1gb filesize upload limits. My email was just a generic Gmail address, and I signed up for it straight through the Touchpad application.
    Then they are inconsistent and its wrong to give some perks and not others and give different accounts out.

the accounts are different I have the two posted above earlier.
    I get 100MB restrictions as well. I'm only using box.net for hosting digital magazines. Most of the magazines are under 100MB.
    HP Touchpad 16GB
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast