Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Just sent an email to box.net for clarification on the limit of only 100mb, I will report back with results.
    My Acct (created Sunday of Fire Sale Weekend) - Max File Size: 1GB
    Wife's Acct (setup last Saturday) - Max File Size: 100 MB

So yeah, they changed the service. Well that sucks!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Firesale owner- I have 1 gig max file size showing.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I signed up probably last friday ad am 50gb and 1gb upload.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmarkb View Post
    My Account>Account Info tab, scroll to the bottom (Screen shot 2011-09-01 at 8.07.58 PM.png - File Shared from Box.net )
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I only using box.net only to transfer mp3, photo, docs, tried transferring movies just takes to long, can't complain its free.
    Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    Really thought I was getting something good with box.net.. I just went to upload a ROM only to find out my upload size limitation is 25mb. The free space is nice but I rarely need to upload anything smaller than 25mb. Guess I'll have to stick with dropbox and 4shared.

Btw, I just set up my box.net account a week ago through my Touchpad.
    1GB for me. Set up my account last week, though I think it was early last week.

Can't complain about a free service though.
    better than me. Shows I have a 5gb acct and I signed up 8/27. Just sent an email. Lets see if they respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by heftysmurf123 View Post
    better than me. Shows I have a 5gb acct and I signed up 8/27. Just sent an email. Lets see if they respond.
    Did you sign up using the Box.net application or on their website? Those of you with 100mb file limits, make sure you signed up using the TouchPad APPLICATON from the HP App Catalog, not on the website. The website gets you a 5GB (Lite) account with a 100mb file size limit.

If you signed up on the website, get the Box.net app from the HP App Catalog and use the same account name/password that you created on the website. They'll upgrade you to 50GB for free.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I get this

Lite user

It seems they are Screwing us now

Account Information

Account type: Lite (5GB)
    Storage (used/total): 0 bytes / 50.0GB 0% used
    Bandwidth used: 0 bytes of 10.0GB
    Max file size: 100 MB — Upload files up to 2GB, view upgrade options
    Guests enabled: no
    Cancellation: Delete your account (This action is permanent)

I sent them a question of why some have this 100mb limit and others do not

Told them we are not happy
    Last edited by drfp; 09/01/2011 at 10:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Did you sign up using the Box.net application or on their website? Those of you with 100mb file limits, make sure you signed up using the TouchPad APPLICATON from the HP App Catalog, not on the website. The website gets you a 5GB (Lite) account with a 100mb file size limit.

If you signed up on the website, get the Box.net app from the HP App Catalog and use the same account name/password that you created on the website. They'll upgrade you to 50GB for free.
    you don't read, people are not complaining about 50 gigs free but that they can only upload 100mb at one single time
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    CannonFodder,

I signed up through the TouchPad. I have a 5GB Lite account, but with 50GB of space.

Yes, I know it doesn't make sense. Take a look at the picture: Box.net.png - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

As you can see, I clearly have the 50GBs of space with the 5GB Lite account. Compare that to the image earlier in this thread: Box.net Account Limits.png - File Shared from Box.net. I don't have the Personal +50GB designation.

They simply changed the service level for those signing up through the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Contradude View Post
    yeah, I checked my post firesale account and I have a 1 gig file limit. must have slid in just under the wire.
    Hey Contradude...you have a Tapwave Zodiac? I've got mine still...pretty beat up but it still works. That is a great device.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    just for data

signed up on 8/24

Account type: Personal +50GB (monthly)
    Increase storage:
    Select a storage option Learn more about plans
    Storage (used/total): 3.1MB / 50.0GB 0% used
    Bandwidth used: 0 bytes
    Max file size: 1 GB
    Guests enabled: no
    Cancellation: Cancel Subscription.
    If you cancel, you will no longer be charged and your account will be downgraded to a free Personal 5GB account (note that some files may be permanently deleted).
    Signed up on the 24th when I got my touchpad....
    50GB/1GB Max.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I signed up through the touchpad app and have the same BS 100mb limit and 10gb bandwidth limit. On a 50gb account??!! This makes this service practically useless.
    It really blows that people who signed up on the 24th are getting a better service level than people after.

It's pretty arbitrary that because HP couldn't ship them out fast enough people are getting fewer features.
    Might as well stick with dropbox. Would it help to complain to HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by sanvara View Post
    This makes this service practically useless.
    I disagree. Ever heard people polled about what posesssions (not pets or people) they would run back into a burning house to save? The majority of people say photos or sentimental documents of some kind. I figure backing up my photos and other important documents will be the perfect use of my 50gb, and neither 100mb file limits nor 10gb/month bandwidth limits will matter at all for that. Might save me the urge to run back into a burning house some day.
    H_D likes this.
    I signed up last Thursday and I am locked into a 100mb limit. Going to ask why in an email. Will report back or will just stick with Dropbox.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast