Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Print Copy Exit

2:16:23 PM : Thank you for contacting Newegg. We are currently experiencing extremely high chat volume. If you are contacting us about purchasing an HP TouchPad, we currently do not have any inventory available.

2:16:28 PM : We have received an overwhelming response and number of purchase requests from our valued customers. Unfortunately, we do not have enough inventory to meet the demands.

2:16:28 PM : For the limited inventory that we do have available and to be fair to all of our customers, we contacted customers via email in sequential order based on the earliest time we received the auto notify or price alert notification.

2:16:33 PM : We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have other issues or concerns to chat with us about, please remain on the line and the next available customer care representative will be with you shortly.

2:16:33 PM : Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2:21:25 PM : We apologize for the wait, please remain on the line and we will get to you as soon as possible!

2:44:33 PM : Jay has joined this session!

2:44:33 PM : Connected with Jay. Your reference number for this chat session is 2607857.

2:44:33 PM : Hello my name is Jay. How may I help you today?

2:47:36 PM : glenn c elliott: i have been promised many times I would get the email to price match my touch pad.. I paid $400 and it's $99

2:47:44 PM : glenn c elliott: I have chat logs saved and phones calls...

2:47:54 PM : glenn c elliott: i feel like i am being lied to... whats going on?

2:48:07 PM : glenn c elliott: are you guys going to do the stand up thing or rip me off??

2:48:18 PM : Jay: I would be glad to assist you with this. One moment please…

2:50:58 PM : Jay: Thank you for holding. We will send you an email for the refund. We have a lot of customers to contact. You should receive an email next week. Thank you in advance for your patience.

2:51:57 PM : glenn c elliott: you guys said, I woul dget one yesterday?!

2:52:28 PM : glenn c elliott: so I dont know if I can trust Newegg, great...

2:52:33 PM : glenn c elliott: I never thought this from newegg

2:52:37 PM : Jay: I do apologize for the inconvenience. We have not sent any emails to any customers that placed the orders after 08/20.

2:52:54 PM : glenn c elliott: Ill make sure to post this on the forums, to let people know what you guys are doing..

2:53:27 PM : glenn c elliott: the lies are not acceptable

2:53:50 PM : glenn c elliott: I have saved chat logs, saying I would have it yesterday!!

2:54:08 PM : Jay: I apologize again for the inconvenience.

2:55:06 PM : glenn c elliott: i dont even know if I should open it, since I dont know if newegg is going to rob me.

2:55:32 PM : glenn c elliott: I WILL NEVER BUY ANY ITEM FROMNEWEGG AGAIN BTW... for the lies

2:55:45 PM : glenn c elliott: I will be going to my credit card company for this.

2:55:48 PM : Jay: We will send you an email.

2:56:04 PM : glenn c elliott: when?

2:56:16 PM : Jay: Next week.

2:56:18 PM : glenn c elliott: you're ruining my workout!

2:56:54 PM : glenn c elliott: I believed the chat log that said I would get on on the 31st

2:57:02 PM : glenn c elliott: That didnt happen...

2:57:28 PM : glenn c elliott: what makes me thing you guys will come through after the first pack of lies..

2:57:51 PM : glenn c elliott: I dont understand why its so hard to just price match me the diffrence, why is newegg tryin so hard to rip me off??

2:58:16 PM : glenn c elliott: I never knew this what newegg liked to do to loyal customers

2:59:18 PM : Jay: Due to the high volume of customer we need to contact in this matter. It takes us weeks to send all the email. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

3:01:16 PM : glenn c elliott: I need a 100% gurentee that the price match IS going to happen for sure!!

3:01:58 PM : Jay: I understand and apologize that we couldn't assist you with this immediately. If you'd like, I can transfer you to our Escalations department who can better explain the situation.

3:02:39 PM : glenn c elliott: yes!

3:02:50 PM : Jay: One moment please...

3:02:52 PM : glenn c elliott: I can wait..

3:06:28 PM : You are being transferred to another queue. Please stand by...

3:06:28 PM : Jay has left this session!

3:06:33 PM : Amy has joined this session!

3:06:33 PM : Connected with Amy. Your reference number for this chat session is 2607857.

3:06:49 PM : glenn c elliott: Hello, Amy

3:07:26 PM : Amy: Hello Glenn, how may I assist you today?

3:08:13 PM : glenn c elliott: I understand that you guys have a high volume of customers due to the price drop. However I have several emails saved chat logs stating I would I have a price match yesterday and now I'm being told to wait till next week. So, which is it?

3:09:59 PM : Amy: I do apologize for any confusion, just to verify did you receive an email about the tablet?

3:10:38 PM : glenn c elliott: No email. They keep telling me that they will send it, but I keep getting different dates

3:10:59 PM : Amy: Have you received the item already?

3:11:43 PM : glenn c elliott: Yes. I don't know if I should open it or not...because I don't know if you're going to price match.

3:12:53 PM : glenn c elliott: Would you like me to send you the Chat Logs?

3:14:09 PM : Amy: No, that's quite all right sir, we have records of the chat logs as well. I just wanted to verify with you..

3:16:34 PM : Amy: Again, I apologize for the delay however please understand, due to the extreme volume of contacts and orders for this issue we are diligently working on getting each issue resolved as quickly as possible. Please allow up to 7 days to receive an email about the touchpad. Unfortunately, we would have no updated information as of this time.

3:17:44 PM : glenn c elliott: Is it 100% guaranteed that I will get the price match, though? So, I can open my purchase?

3:18:29 PM : Amy: Unfortunately, I would not be sure, I would not have that information at this time.

3:19:18 PM : glenn c elliott: If I wait the amount of time that you told me to...it will be passed the time to send it back if I wanted to, right?

3:20:39 PM : Amy: As long as you don't open the package, you can still return it for refund.

3:22:02 PM : glenn c elliott: So, you mean to tell me that I'm going to have this thing for 2 weeks without knowing if I can actually use it? I'll be posting these logs on the forums as well, so that everyone knows what's going on right now. Newegg's reputation is really being dragged through the mud right now.

3:28:44 PM : Amy: Sir, please understand we are still processing requests, at the moment we are still contacting customers who placed the order when the item first drop, so it is going to take a little time. We are running a little behind since, customers are being contacted on a first come first serve basis. Being that your order was just recently placed, it may take a little longer for a response. At this time we have been advised with limited information for the orders which were just recently placed.

3:30:05 PM : glenn c elliott: I can wait...I just want to know that it's guaranteed. I can wait 2 or 3 weeks...I just want to know that my wait is worth it.

3:30:19 PM : Amy: Be no means am I a saying the price will not be honored, I can only ask for you to be patient and you should receive a response sometime next week.

3:32:23 PM : glenn c elliott: You're not telling me that the price will not be honored and you're not telling me that it is. I just don't want to be stuck with a $400 tablet that everyone else got for $100. I just want some information.

3:32:44 PM : Amy: I understand..

3:33:39 PM : Amy: Unfortunately, at this time we would not be able to offer a guarantee.

3:34:58 PM : glenn c elliott: I've been told different and I have chat logs saved to prove it. All of which you'll be able to find on the forums, so, everyone will know what a ****ty business Newegg has become.

3:36:49 PM : Amy: I apologize you feel that sir, however we would not be able to guarantee a price match until you receive an email from us. Which previously mentioned, you should receive sometime next week.

3:37:20 PM : Amy: If you do not wish to wait a week, you always have the option to return the item. As long as the item is unopened, we would be more than happy to offer you a refund.

3:38:54 PM : glenn c elliott: With no restocking fee? Newegg posted on their Facebook that everyone was going to get an email. Is Newegg's Facebook lying?

3:39:29 PM : Amy: Yes, if the item is unopened, we can waive the restocking fee.

3:42:00 PM : glenn c elliott: If I return it, It'll be the last thing I ever buy from Newegg.

3:42:24 PM : Amy: Again, I apologize for any inconvenience, we truly appreciate your patience.

3:43:27 PM : glenn c elliott: I'm saving the chat log and posting it in the forums. I want everybody to know how badly Newegg handled the situation.

3:45:05 PM : glenn c elliott: I feel like I've been lied to on more than one occasion. There's nothing you can do to change the situation except price match quickly and hope I remain a customer.

3:45:19 PM : Amy: I sincerely apologize you feel that way, however I believe I offered as much information as I could, given the situation with the limited information.

3:46:27 PM : glenn c elliott: You've offered me nothing. I've wasted 2 hours of my time. I'll be filing a credit card fraud report. I'll also be filing a bad report with BBB

3:48:04 PM : Amy: Sir, I do apologize but I beg to differ..

3:48:58 PM : Amy: I've informed you that we would not be able to offer a guarantee until you receive an email.

3:49:30 PM : glenn c elliott: Useful would be telling me when I will get the email

3:50:04 PM : Amy: Also, since your order was recently placed, and being that we are contacting people on a first come first serve basis. That if you should receive an email you should receive it sometime next week.

3:50:32 PM : Amy: Sir, we were not given any information on who would be receiving an email.

3:51:15 PM : glenn c elliott: But I do have a guarantee that I can return this for a full refund and no restocking fee?

3:51:49 PM : Amy: Yes, if the item is unopened, we will make the exception and waive the restocking fee.

3:52:33 PM : glenn c elliott: That's the first bit of useful information you've told me in the last 2 hours.

3:54:34 PM : Amy: Sir, I've mentioned waiving the restocking fee previously in our chat as well.

3:55:36 PM : Amy: I apologize for any confusion..

3:57:44 PM : glenn c elliott: I apologize for the inconvenience but due to the high volume of annoyance from Newegg's dishonesty and incompetence, I'm extremely frustrated at this time.

3:58:04 PM : glenn c elliott: Be sure that this will not be the last you hear from me.

3:58:49 PM : Amy: Again, I apologize for any inconvenience..

3:59:09 PM : Amy: Aside from this issue, was there anything else I may assist you with?

4:00:01 PM : glenn c elliott: Yes, I have horrible heartburn.

4:01:20 PM : Amy: An issue that would be order related.

4:01:41 PM : glenn c elliott: Oh!

4:01:51 PM : glenn c elliott: Yeah, can you tell me when I'll get the email?

4:02:24 PM : Amy: Again, as mentioned before, you should receive an email sometime next week.

4:02:37 PM : glenn c elliott: Is that a guarantee?

4:03:04 PM : Amy: Once you receive an email, yes its guaranteed.

4:04:02 PM : glenn c elliott: So, when will I be getting the email?

4:04:07 PM : glenn c elliott: ...Monday?

4:04:10 PM : glenn c elliott: Tuesday?

4:05:30 PM : Amy: Unfortunately, I would not be sure. As mentioned before customers are being contacted on a first come first serve basis, therefore depending where you are on the list, would determine when you would be contacted.

4:06:03 PM : glenn c elliott: Can you tell me where I am on the list?

4:06:50 PM : Amy: Unfortunately, I would not have that information.

4:07:30 PM : Amy: All contacts regarding the HP touchpads are being handled by our internal department. Therefore, no information will be released to us.

4:08:26 PM : glenn c elliott: Can you patch me through to your internal department?

4:09:05 PM : Amy: Unfortunately not there would be no direct contact through to them.

4:09:24 PM : glenn c elliott: Can I talk to them through you?

4:10:00 PM : Amy: Unfortunately not sir..

4:10:23 PM : Amy: As mentioned before, we would not have any information regarding the list.

4:11:28 PM : glenn c elliott: So, let's recap, I WILL be getting an email sometime next week GUARANTEEING that I WILL be getting a price match, correct?

4:12:26 PM : Amy: No, what I said was once you receive an email, its guaranteed.

4:12:51 PM : Amy: Based on when you placed the order, you should receive it next week, however I would not be able to guarantee anything until you receive an email.

4:13:24 PM : glenn c elliott: So, when should I be expecting this email?

4:14:06 PM : Amy: Based on when you placed the order, please wait until sometime next week.

4:15:32 PM : glenn c elliott: Do have a day, more or less, when I'll be receiving said email?

4:15:46 PM : Amy: Unfortunately not.

4:16:25 PM : glenn c elliott: What about time? A ballpark figure in time? 2 o'clock? 3 o'clock?

4:17:21 PM : Amy: Emails are sent through out the day, sir. So, it may be sent at any time.

4:17:37 PM : glenn c elliott: Okay, but what day?

4:18:16 PM : Amy: All I can say is sometime next week. We would not be able to specify a time of day.

4:18:41 PM : Amy: Time or day*

4:18:41 PM : glenn c elliott: Okay, but guaranteed sometime next week?

4:19:31 PM : Amy: No, I cant guarantee it would be sent next week.. but based on when you placed the order. We kindly ask for you to wait until sometime next week to receive an email.

4:20:48 PM : glenn c elliott: So, it could take longer?

4:21:06 PM : Amy: Its possible but not likely.

4:22:49 PM : glenn c elliott: Okay, let's talk cold turkey, how much do you want to send the email today?

4:23:21 PM : Amy: I'm not sure what you mean?

4:24:09 PM : glenn c elliott: How much money would I have to send you (via paypal or western union) to get you to send the email today?

4:25:01 PM : Amy: Sir, I wouldn't have any control over the order of which the emails are sent. Its really based on when the customer placed the order.

4:26:28 PM : glenn c elliott: Abraham Lincoln here thinks otherwise and he never told a lie.

4:27:11 PM : Amy: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

4:28:12 PM : glenn c elliott: My dog just puked on me...is this your doing? Do you know magic?

4:28:27 PM : glenn c elliott: When will you guys be price matching the HP tablet?

4:28:41 PM : Amy: When you receive an email sir.

4:29:15 PM : glenn c elliott: Can you tell me more or less when I'll be receiving this email?

4:29:46 PM : Amy: Sir, I've already replied to that question.

4:30:41 PM : glenn c elliott: Not really, because I still don't feel like I've gathered enough information to log off and not feel like I've wasted 3 hours of my life.

4:30:43 PM : glenn c elliott: Amy?

4:31:01 PM : Amy: Sir, I understand you are trying to obtain a specific time and date of when you would receive this email. To be quite honest we just wouldn't be sure when it would be sent. All we can say is based on when you placed the order, we ask you to please be patient and you should receive an email sometime next week. If you are asking for a specific time or day, we just wouldn't be able to provide that information. Now, aside from the HP issue, was there anything else I can assist you with today?

4:31:31 PM : glenn c elliott: Amy?

4:31:46 PM : Amy: Yes, I'm here sir.

4:32:02 PM : glenn c elliott: I don't feel like a valued customer.

4:32:31 PM : Amy: I do apologize you feel that way sir.

4:32:53 PM : glenn c elliott: Can you do anything to help me feel differently?

4:34:31 PM : Amy: Honestly, I feel the only information you are requesting for is something I have any control over.

4:35:26 PM : Amy: I've informed you several times that the email should be sent sometime next week. Unfortunately, I would not be able to provide the exact day or time of which it would be sent.

4:35:57 PM : glenn c elliott: So, are you telling me you can't help me feel better about my situation?

4:37:56 PM : Amy: If the only thing that would help you feel better is the email. Then no, unfortunately, there isn't anything I can offer you besides the information I've already provided.

4:39:50 PM : glenn c elliott: I don't care about the exact date or time, honestly. I just want a guarantee that I will get the email sometime next week.

4:40:31 PM : Amy: We ask you to please wait until next week to receive an email.

4:40:56 PM : Amy: We wouldn't be able to guarantee anything unless you received the email.

4:41:22 PM : glenn c elliott: But can you guarantee that I will be receiving the email?

4:43:01 PM : Amy: I don't see why not, if you've already please the order. But again I would not be able to guarantee.

4:43:49 PM : glenn c elliott: But Newegg's Facebook page guaranteed an email.

4:44:08 PM : glenn c elliott: Is Newegg's Facebook page a liar?

4:45:36 PM : Amy: Sir, I believe the email stated anyone who would receive an email would refunded.

4:46:11 PM : Amy: Since, you just placed the order, quite possibly you have not received the email yet.

4:46:31 PM : Amy: This is why we've asked you to please wait until next week to receive the emails.

4:46:44 PM : glenn c elliott: no your wrong

4:46:51 PM : Amy: All customers are being asked to wait at least 7 days to receive an email.

4:47:21 PM : glenn c elliott: Hi Fans! We want to let you know we are aware of the recent price drop on the HP Touchpads. We also want you to know that we will be reaching out via e-mail very soon to offer an appropriate price adjustment to all of our customers who have purchased HP Touchpads from Newegg – regardless of the date of purchase.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through the details!

4:47:27 PM : glenn c elliott: that is what your facebook says

4:47:32 PM : glenn c elliott: I copy and paste!!

4:47:43 PM : glenn c elliott: this to me says it loud and clear!!!

4:48:11 PM : Amy: Since you order was just placed 8/26, you should receive the email later on during the week,

4:48:31 PM : Amy: By no means did I say you wouldn't receive the email.

4:48:50 PM : glenn c elliott: I should? or I will?

4:48:51 PM : Amy: There's just not any way for me to confirm when you would receive it.

4:49:13 PM : glenn c elliott: Can you confirm that I WILL receive it?

4:49:26 PM : Amy: If for any reason you do not receive it by Friday, September 9, please feel free to contact us back.

4:50:00 PM : glenn c elliott: So, you're saying I'll get it Friday, September 9th?

4:50:36 PM : Amy: You should, but again I would not be able to guarantee.

4:54:40 PM : glenn c elliott: What email will it be sent to?

4:55:01 PM : Amy: It would be the email address on file with your Newegg account.

4:55:25 PM : glenn c elliott: I have many. Please specify.

4:56:01 PM : Amy: I would not be able to provide that information, I can only confirm. May I have the email address on file with your Newegg account please?

4:56:43 PM : glenn c elliott: thhorses_wild@yahoo.com

4:57:06 PM : Amy: Yes, that is the email of which it would be sent to.

4:57:43 PM : glenn c elliott: so it will be sent to that email address on sept. 9?

4:58:26 PM : Amy: Again, I would not be sure when it would be sent, all I can say is if you dont receive an email by Sept 9 to please contact us back.

5:00:13 PM : glenn c elliott: ok amy, can you re-cap all GOOD info to me, so that I can rest easy tonight knowing I didnt throw away 3:30hrs of my life??

5:00:37 PM : glenn c elliott: I would like some good solid information to take back to the masses...

5:00:48 PM : glenn c elliott: I feel right now, all infromation you have given me is paper thin,

5:01:46 PM : glenn c elliott: I was escalated to you because all of the lies newegg has told me, and I'm at a lost for words, as to how newegg has handled this. . .

5:03:16 PM : glenn c elliott: why is it so hard, for newegg to do the right thing? can you please explain to me? I simply do not understand why it is so hard? EVERY OTHER RETAILER HAS DONE THE RIGHT THING< BUT NEWEGG

5:03:42 PM : glenn c elliott: you can understand why the BBB will be informed of this right?

5:04:23 PM : glenn c elliott: I have a chat log saying I will be getting the email on the 31st... Why was I told this and plain flat out lied to? Does Newegg hate me?

5:04:26 PM : glenn c elliott: Amy?

5:04:46 PM : Amy: Sir, all we ask is for you to wait for the email.

5:05:32 PM : glenn c elliott: I will wait for a year, IF YOU TELL ME I WILL 100% BE GETTING ONE!! You have beat around the bush on this, be up front and honest and I will be at peace

5:05:32 PM : Amy: If after you receive an email, and you still do not informed of a refund, please contact us back. Until you receive the email, there is nothing else we can do.

5:06:05 PM : glenn c elliott: why does your facebook lie?

5:07:01 PM : Amy: Sir, please understand we would not be able to guarantee anything unless you've received an email.

5:07:52 PM : glenn c elliott: but your facebook says I will, but you say I might.. which do I believe? Keep in mind Ive known facebook longer...

5:08:32 PM : Amy: Sir, I never said you wouldn't. All I can say is I can't guarantee anything until you receive an email.

5:09:03 PM : glenn c elliott: your saying maybe.... maybe not

5:10:29 PM : glenn c elliott: can you see why I am still not sure..

5:10:40 PM : glenn c elliott: your not saying yes, but your not saying no.. so what are you saying?

5:10:43 PM : glenn c elliott: can you be clear?

5:10:57 PM : glenn c elliott: my head hurts...

5:11:48 PM : glenn c elliott: ok, lets speak vegas terms here. what % chance, do you think I have, of getting this email some time in the next 14 days..

5:12:23 PM : glenn c elliott: amy?

5:12:27 PM : glenn c elliott:

5:13:29 PM : glenn c elliott: amy? why you do this to me?

5:13:50 PM : glenn c elliott: is newegg doing this to be because I am African American?

5:14:48 PM : glenn c elliott: amy?

5:15:16 PM : glenn c elliott: so now newegg is ignoring me.. lets add that! to the list of complaints I, and many other have!

5:16:02 PM : Amy: Sir, I have already sent a request to have you put on the list of email. However, I would not be sure when, what day, or what time or any other specifics of when the email will be sent.

5:16:24 PM : glenn c elliott: so I'm on the list?!

5:17:50 PM : Amy: I'm not sure sir, I simply sent a request.

5:18:30 PM : glenn c elliott: OK.... so not specifics, got that, but I will be getting the email some time with in the next year or two?

5:18:54 PM : glenn c elliott: that should be plenty of time to cover any "unknowns"

5:20:02 PM : Amy: I believe you should. I don't see any reason you wouldn't, but I can't offer a guarantee until you do.

5:20:28 PM : glenn c elliott: well, when I do, I would really need a guarantee...

5:21:40 PM : glenn c elliott: but I'm still left with what I came here with... NEWEGG SHOULD send me the email to price match, but they MIGHT not.. thats what I came here with, and it seems like that is what I leave here with... can you give me something new..

5:22:57 PM : Amy: Sir, all I ask is for you to wait until next week.

5:23:07 PM : Amy: If you dont receive anything by then, contact us back.

5:24:23 PM : glenn c elliott: but I was asked that by another newegg rep, to wait until this week, I did.... I still have nothing, I would hate to be told to come back next week every week... it's simple... the item is sold for $99 and you charged me $400 so give me $300 and we can call it even...

5:26:32 PM : Amy: Sir, to be honest, we are still contacting customers from orders placed on the 21st.

5:27:02 PM : Amy: Being that your order wasnt placed until the 26th, it may be some time until you receive the email.

5:27:34 PM : Amy: My estimated guess would be sometime next week, but I just wouldn't be able to provide you with an exact date.

5:27:56 PM : Amy: I ask that if you do not receive an email by next week, Friday, to contact us back.

5:27:58 PM : glenn c elliott: I dont care about the time, I want to make sure I get the email is all... so just say "YES THE EMAIL WILL BE IN YOUR INBOX WITH IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO" and I'll feel better

5:28:20 PM : Amy: I simply can't guarantee anything until you receive the email.

5:28:22 PM : glenn c elliott: and do what?! be told to wait another week?

5:29:37 PM : Amy: Sir, we ask you to please just wait for the email.

5:30:48 PM : glenn c elliott: ill wait if you can tell me it IS coming, and I'm not eaiting for nothing...

5:31:01 PM : glenn c elliott: the trick with the dog vomit by the way...... not funny

5:31:27 PM : Amy: Sir, you placed an order, so I dont see a reason why you wouldn't.

5:31:44 PM : Amy: However, until you receive the email, I would not be able to offer a guarantee.

5:31:48 PM : glenn c elliott: so it's safe to say yes then??

5:32:17 PM : Amy: Again, I don't see a reason why you wouldn't.

5:32:27 PM : Amy: But I can't offer a guarantee.

5:32:29 PM : glenn c elliott: so yes then? I will be getting the email?

5:33:07 PM : glenn c elliott: it's like a roller coaster ride of emotion, with you amy.. yes and no.. I feel good, then bad!

5:33:57 PM : Amy: I'm trying to provide you with what I can, but all you are seeking is a guarantee and until you receive an email, I cant offer that.

5:34:47 PM : glenn c elliott: ok, lets do some word play... lets not guarantee anything..

5:34:57 PM : glenn c elliott: lets say chances are good or bad..

5:35:17 PM : Amy: Chances are good that you should receive an email.

5:35:30 PM : glenn c elliott: ok, good now were getting somewhere..

5:35:37 PM : glenn c elliott: how good? over 50%?

5:35:52 PM : Amy: If I had to guess, I would say yes.

5:36:20 PM : glenn c elliott: good!! I can live with that... by any chance would feel safe in saying yes to 90%?

5:36:47 PM : Amy: I would not be certain.

5:37:01 PM : glenn c elliott: ok lets go lower, 80%?

5:37:47 PM : Amy: Sir, I just wouldn't be able to offer a percentage. All I can say is your chances are good that you will receive an email.

5:38:19 PM : glenn c elliott: so I lost you on anything above 50%?

5:38:47 PM : Amy: Sir, let's just say your chances are good.

5:39:21 PM : glenn c elliott: on a scale of 1 to 10... one being not happening and 10 being for sure!! where do you think I stand?

5:39:57 PM : Amy: I wouldn't know for sure sir.

5:40:32 PM : glenn c elliott: take a wild stab at it.. 4? 7?

5:41:12 PM : Amy: Sir, again, I don't have access to the list or any other information, so I wouldn't be sure.

5:41:54 PM : glenn c elliott: OK, if you HAD to guess, just a wild shot in the dark... what would it be? 3...? 8...?

5:42:22 PM : Amy: Again, I wouldn't be sure.

5:43:01 PM : glenn c elliott: :-(

5:43:44 PM : glenn c elliott: any way you can ask some one? maybe take a quick poll on this? I would say 3 people should be enough...

5:44:34 PM : glenn c elliott: amy? Are you asking people for me?

5:44:53 PM : Amy: Sir, no one would have this information.

5:45:13 PM : Amy: Everyone is busy dealing with this issue themselves.

5:47:07 PM : glenn c elliott: you wouldnt have an issue if you or rather newegg was just up front and honest, and quit trying to rip people off?

5:47:30 PM : glenn c elliott: am I in the back of the line because I am black?

5:51:36 PM : glenn c elliott: amy?

5:51:49 PM : glenn c elliott: have you taken the poll? are the results in?

5:54:48 PM : Amy: Sir, as I mentioned before emails are being sent in chronological order. Currently, we are still contacting customers from the 21st, being that your order wasn't placed until the 26th, you should receive an email sometime next week. If for any reason you do not receive an email next week, please feel free to contact us back to look into this issue further. We ask for your patience in this matter, as we are diligently working on this issue as quickly as possible. At this time I have no other information, aside from the information I have already provided. Now, if you have no other questions, order related but not related to HP issue, then I will be ending this chat. Again I apologize for any inconvenience.

5:55:23 PM : Amy: Do you have any other questions related to any Newegg order, but not related to the HP issue that I can assist you with?

5:55:30 PM : glenn c elliott: I feel, like Ive gotten to know you these last couple of hours Amy.. I really see what your about and your world views, would have dinner with me some time?

5:55:40 PM : glenn c elliott: amy you sound mad..

5:55:47 PM : glenn c elliott: you sound mad..

5:55:53 PM : Amy: Not at all sir..

5:55:54 PM : glenn c elliott: you wanna talk about it?

5:56:03 PM : glenn c elliott: so how about dinner?

5:56:18 PM : Amy: Again, do you have any other questions related to any Newegg order, but not related to the HP issue that I can assist you with?

5:56:46 PM : glenn c elliott: sooo... asking for your phone number is just out of the question?
    Last edited by No1up ; 09/01/2011 at 05:58 PM.
    I would have you send it back and refund your money.
    spark notes required
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I ordered a Pre2 from HP on the 21st and just got a confirmation today. Everyone's servers/email/etc, got overloaded and it's taking time for all the retailers to dig out. Chill.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    spark notes required
    Spark notes goes something like this:
    "I'm a whiny two year old who hasn't gotten his toy yet and now I'm throwing a temper tantrum"

To the OP: Grow up. Seriously, you ask for dinner and a movie from the woman on chat and then post it on a forum thinking you're funny? Have you no shame?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hahahahahaha No1Up you made my day a bit brighter
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I would have terminated the "discussion" a long time before getting to the end. You come off like a petulant child and you were extremely rude. This is a hot item and you should remember that a lot of people are probably just like you, waiting for the communication. A little patience and a better attitude might have gotten you better service.

I would have been embarrassed to post that here, considering your behavior.
    11B1P, Shifty, madroxinide and 2 others like this.
    I enjoyed it, sounds like something I would do. Amy should get a raise.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by No1up View Post
    its called humor.... You should try looking at it with funny glasses on, I swear it... My dog puked on me...
    My sense of humor is fine thanks. Being a jerk to customer service people and acting like a two year old to people that could be helping others just isn't funny.
    Shifty and DaveInFL like this.
    you are absolutely ridiculous!!!

I'm never gonna buy from newegg again... go for it bud... thats your choice... you are just an impatient brat.
    Shifty likes this.
    creepo.....I understand why customer service people hate customers.
    I rarely post but feel the need because I work customer service and empathize so strongly with Amy in this case. This type of conversation is what ruins a day.

OP, if you were the customer in that chat, I can appreciate your frustration for wanting to nail down a $300 refund. However, appreciate the thankless time invested by the rep and try to put yourself in the rep's position. That poor rep held in much longer than I think I could have trying to invent new ways to give you the same answer. I hope tomorrow goes much better for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by No1up View Post
    oh Jesus, we were messing around with newegg.... It really was all for s*** and giggles... Really, I was working out while doing this, it became a game of how long we could go in circles.. Really lighten up, it was all in good fun and I bet she got some good laughs out of it... My dog really did puke on me...

Seriously guys, lighten up.... You have no hummer if you did not laugh at this chat log... Its funny, I don't care who you are!
    No it's not and it isn't.
    Did you get her number? She might be hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Did you get her number? She might be hot.
    She also might be a hairy dude named Spud.
    any amount of money the guy is single.
    laoh likes this.
    Newegg refunded me the difference. I did call and ask in advance after the $99.00/150.00 price drop, but they said they were still in talks with HP about the TouchPad. They said they would be contacting me later about the decision. Sometime later, I received an email with instructions to obtain a refund. I am a happy Newegg customer. Have been since 2002. Just sit back and relax.
    Here's Newegg's direct support link for the Touchpad. Maybe it'll give you better answers.

Ha ha, wasn't that funny? You should totally lighten up.
    you wasted nearly 4 hours of their time. there are other customers BESIDE YOU.
    calling customer service is not fun and games.
    Okay I have to comment as well. I am not sure what you do for a living but I hope "Amy," finds you and causes your day to be disrupted for almost 4 hours with out of control behavior. You sir need to look in the mirror and realize that you treated that poor woman so badly the only conclusion is your in need of a attitude adjustment or maybe a spanking.
    Shifty likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast