Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just read that long thread asking owners of the TP and WEbOS what they thought of them, and the general consensus is both need work. While everyone who jumped in when the prices hit bottom and paid either $99.00 or $150.00 are you sorry you did. any of you decided to sell it? because a hundred bucks IS a hundred bucks and if the TP is gonna wind up in a drawer...Mine arrived on Tuesday but I didnt even open it because Irene knocked out our power until this morning. Having read that thread it makes me leery about proceeding with it, charging it, etc etc. a guy offered me $295 for it locally with the case and extra charger i bought. i'm not sure what to do. i got excited the other day when i read that reuters story that indicated HP might produce another round of TPS and stay with it. but who knows. anyway, i'd like to hear some comments.
    The $150 I spent on the 32gb version is still cheaper than picking up a Kindle (which my wife was contemplating.) Plus, the kids can use it in the car to play games on or watch movies on. I had always wanted a WebOS tablet, I just couldn't bring myself to pay $600 for one. At $150, I'd have bought all that I could have found (which was the one I have.)
    laurelle likes this.
    I would have gladly paid $300 for mine. It's an awesome tablet. Open her up, you won't be sorry.
    I've got one still that I paid nearly full price for.... 2 on firesale.... more accessories than 2 people should need

Still happy, will be nice in another month once all the extra spending has been paid off.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I am not sorry since I only paid 100.00 but so far I find the device very underwhelming. My smartphone works a lot better and can do a lot more.
    I'm not sorry. For $150 (32g), I can't complain. It's a wonderful toy for browsing, emailing, music, videos, etc. I was using my iphone 4 for those tasks when I didn't feel like firing up my laptop but now I use TP instead. It's much nicer with the bigger screen. Now, I would not have bought it (or any other tablet) if it was still $400+.
    laurelle and gianf150 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    I just read that long thread asking owners of the TP and WEbOS what they thought of them, and the general consensus is both need work. While everyone who jumped in when the prices hit bottom and paid either $99.00 or $150.00 are you sorry you did. any of you decided to sell it? because a hundred bucks IS a hundred bucks and if the TP is gonna wind up in a drawer...Mine arrived on Tuesday but I didnt even open it because Irene knocked out our power until this morning. Having read that thread it makes me leery about proceeding with it, charging it, etc etc.
    It's a bad device and an awful operating system. You'll regret it. Now sell it to me for cost + shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    The $150 I spent on the 32gb version is still cheaper than picking up a Kindle (which my wife was contemplating.) Plus, the kids can use it in the car to play games on or watch movies on. I had always wanted a WebOS tablet, I just couldn't bring myself to pay $600 for one. At $150, I'd have bought all that I could have found (which was the one I have.)
    Ding! Ding! Ding! That is exactly what prompted me to go after one when I heard about the fire sale. Had no interest in a tablet at their normal prices as my laptop works fine for those things at that price. But I was shopping to possibly get a Kindle or other eReader at the $130 or less price point. $99 for a tablet that can do all the Kindle can and more? No brainer. Unfortunately I thought I had one locked up from B&N Sunday morning of the fire sale weekend, but the order got canceled.
    laurelle likes this.
    I was happy with mine when I paid full price, and even happier now that I got price-matched. Coming from a Palm Pre-(and not the Chuck Norris model I used to have), mind you....I haven't put this thing down since 15th of July.
    laurelle and Stevesrjr86 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    I just read that long thread asking owners of the TP and WEbOS what they thought of them, and the general consensus is both need work. While everyone who jumped in when the prices hit bottom and paid either $99.00 or $150.00 are you sorry you did. any of you decided to sell it? because a hundred bucks IS a hundred bucks and if the TP is gonna wind up in a drawer...Mine arrived on Tuesday but I didnt even open it because Irene knocked out our power until this morning. Having read that thread it makes me leery about proceeding with it, charging it, etc etc. a guy offered me $295 for it locally with the case and extra charger i bought. i'm not sure what to do. i got excited the other day when i read that reuters story that indicated HP might produce another round of TPS and stay with it. but who knows. anyway, i'd like to hear some comments.
    There must be a reason the guy is offering you $295.
    Take the money if you're on the fence. I really like mine, but I don't think I'd shell out $295.
    I'm only sorry that I missed the fire sale. All my attempts to get one came up short, I'm hoping to catch the second round of fire sale TouchPad's from HP.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I have an iPad 2 and a Touchpad that I bought list and got the refund.
    I like my TouchPad much more than my iPad 2 and use it more...the iPad 2, however, has functionality that the TouchPad simply doesn't have yet...with Splashtop and Picsel SmartOffice and an Ubuntu Chroot it's going to get there fast though.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    lrn2swim likes this.
    I love my touchpad, I just got it with a discount 1 week before the fire sale...500 for it , no because I didn't have the money but for 300 I was willing to give it a shot. And at 150 for the 32GB ****, I bough a few for family members for the holidays.
    Don't be silly, I paid more for a coffee maker than my daughters TouchPad, lol.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Honestly if your leery then sell it and get a Ipad or Android tablet. I pre-ordered mine at full price and I was more than happy with it. I was happy also to get a refund. I wish I could of picked up another one during the firesale. Everyone at my workplace that has used it has wasnted to get one, this includes all the IT people with their Ipads and Androids. It's easy system to pick up and before you know it you'll be doing the gestures to close apps on other tablets.
    laurelle likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    I am not sorry since I only paid 100.00 but so far I find the device very underwhelming. My smartphone works a lot better and can do a lot more.
    Apps aside, can you qualify that statement?
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Heck no, it's a wonderful device, I bought 5 and kept a 32GB for myself and a 16GB for the wife, we both love them. I went and bought the official HP cases for them both and the Touchstone for myself and happy with those as well. There are plenty of apps on it already to justify more than the price when you also factor in I thin kthat it's very well built, feels great in the hands and looks nice, and the OS is slick as hell. I have an iPad which of course is still nice but I don't compare the Touchpad to it and think that the Touchpad is alot worse than it at all, in fact I think it's the closest to an iPad that I've used and I had a Playbook and Transformer for awhile.

By all means, open it up and keep it, it rocks and the apps are still coming as well as updates.
    I love mine, but it's definitely not worth 4 or 5 hundred bucks. IMO. 300-325 yeah, but they have some wrinkles to iron out even at that price. The app selection is low but that doesn't bother me much.
    No regrets here. Found a diamond in the rough with the Touchpad. the UI rocks. Better than ipad.. apart from apps & a few features. Well worth the chedder paid for it and then some. I'd pay $250 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Don't be silly, I paid more for a coffee maker than my daughters TouchPad, lol.
    Didn't even think about paid $160 for my wifes coffee maker for her B-Day last year.... TP with case and touchstone came to less than the coffee maker.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    laurelle likes this.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast