Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree49Likes
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    As a WebOS+Android tablet, the Touchpad is a sweet deal for me. I carry it to work daily and use it for regular work when I need to as well, within either webOS or CM7. Admittedly I use CM7 much more now, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Funny you say that because I never understood why people would want to port Android to the Touchpad while I wished I could have webOS on some Android phone hardware. I figured there could only be three reasons. 1) Because they really felt the need for more apps. 2) Because they wanted to see if it could be done. And 3) They were such Android fans that they didn't want to give webOS a chance.

But the more I thought about it, I could understand all three reasons. It's refreshing to know hear that you prefer webOS on the TP.
    I am a huge fan of Android and have been making themes/mods/programs for android for a long time.

But after a few months with webOS, I'd never go back to droid if they had the apps I needed. I can navigate through webOS faster than android, its cleaner, and much more easy to mod.

The only thing I do hate about WebOS is that I can't hid the cards.. I wish there was a launcher button that did show/hide desktop or something to that effect.. All my wallpapers are half naked/fully naked women and it sucks when i have 4 cards open and have to flick them away to see boobies.

Other than that, I love webOS.
    stumblinh and Jonnie like this.
    I missed the fire sale and had to pay $225 for one on ebay but I love it and have put it to good use. It does everything that I want it to do at a good price. It ties into my pre 3 and I am constantly surprised when my touchpad answers my phone. It also answers my wife's pre plus if she leaves it on my desk. For the money one can't beat it.
    I have to ask, was this thread a joke?

If not, I think we can certainly close it now. I mean come on, I picked up (2) 32Gb TouchPads for $250. It's been the deal of a lifetime, truly, I don't think I'll ever get a better deal on anything.

/Close Thread
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    Hell no. My wife and I love ours. And for $99, you can't beat it. The only problems I have with the TP is the lack of adhoc networking. I guess that's not surprising since hardly anyone supports adhoc networking. Even my PS3 doesn't connect to adhoc networks.

The browser has some issues, but for the most part, I find it very good. I haven't had much problems with it.
    I got the 32gb and did so more as a means to hold off until the next gen quad core tablets are available. But now that I have been using it, I see no need to upgrade for quite a while. It has surpassed my expectations and other than a meager selection of apps, it serves my needs well for a great price. the only regret I have is not purchasing another. Sure it isn't an iPad 2 but I also have 450 dollars left in my pocket to save for another day.
    I bought the touchpad on Craigslist for $240 (32 gb) and I'm not regretted at all. It does everything that I expected.
    I'm new to the touchpad and webos., and from my first impressions I'm very satisfied. I've only been using it for a few hours and I must say that it rocks. Very intuitive and some features are similar to the iPhone. I hope to learn on ways to improve my webOS experience through this forum, on a side not I'm glad I didn't buy an iPad because I think this might just be better. And for the $240 I paid on amazon is was certainly much cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD914 View Post
    Best $150 i've ever spent.
    I agree! I use it more than my desktop now. (I'm not a gamer). It also makes a great portable radio with TuneIn Radio, and an excellent eReader
    ... and now I am getting crackling through speakers on TuneIn Radio and IHeartRadio. While I still think the TP was a good deal for $99 the quirks just prevent me from recommending it over other tablets.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789